Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

egg whites

on 10/27/2013 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I use the whole egg beaten up, just as a heads up.

This is one of the few things that works and is simple and cheap. I've come to figure out that I can't use chemicals, and the first time I started using the egg mask, I was also using high percent BHA which made my problems worse. Even most sulfur treatments have alcohol and BHA and it doesn't help me. Egg has natural sulfur (which is why I use the yolk too). I have used this all over and as a spot treatment. It doesn't heal acne over night, but it reduces redness, prevents reinfection, and seems to shrink pores while not over drying. I really like it and have switched to more natural and gentle face care. One egg lasts a looonng time. I beat it and keep it in a container in the fridge. I would get rid of it before a week is up though, if you haven't finished it.

I also find that leaving it on too long is rather drying. Not really in the long term, but just that it gets so hard it can crack your face if you move. Once it's rinsed (which is kind of difficult to do) your face feels fine, but I notice I'm using it less and less as my skin clears. It's a great mask, but thankfully I'm not needing all over masks as often.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Sometimes the best skin care items are the ones found in your own fridge. I read raves about using egg whites as a mask and this stuff actually works for me. (like anything else, YMMV, depending on your skin)

I gently pat the egg whites onto my skin and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing. My skin has a tightening feeling when I apply the egg whites and my pores do look smaller, at least temporarily.

I've been battling hormonal acne for the past 18 months and I still have yet to see any improvements but it maybe just a matter of time.

But overall, this is a great, inexpensive mask!

I use egg whites on my face a couple times a week in the morning before/after my face wash. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, i know i should leave it longer but i get impatient. It definitely tightens up and tones the skin. It leaves my face feeling refreshed, tight and young.

I prefer using this natural remedy vs. a firming cream or serum that is filled with chemicals and sketchy ingredients, dyes and fragrances. Plus i've never seen a result from any firming cream but with egg whites, you feel the difference as soon as you rinse it off. It's like an instant face lift.

on 5/8/2012 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

After I stopped taking BCP my skin went through a roller coaster of issues. Breakouts being the main issue I tried a bunch of products that did almost nothing or made my skin worse. I have super sensitive skin that breaks out easily so just about everything causes problems. However the egg white mask is my go to acne treatment. I love this mask and it does a great job shrinking pores and reducing inflammation. It takes some time to see results so you have to be diligent and patient. The yolk mask breaks me out but the white works just great! I do my face once a day for 15 mins and don't apply any moisturizer after. I have found its best to do it at night before bed to give your skin time to heal. Overall, I'd recommend this easy mask to anyone! Oh, p.s. the better quality egg the better the results will be. I buy 8.00 eggs where the hens were pasture raised and organically fed. Remember to be kind to the animals and the environment :)

on 12/21/2011 7:49:00 AM

WOW, Amazing!

I have the most sensitive, spot prone, combination, rosacea troubled skin. That means it's oily, but flaky on my cheeks, forehead and around my nose, uneven skin tone, and in the winter particularly it is a nightmare.

Lately, central heating, London pollution and work stress took their toll and my skin has been red, spotty, sore and itchy, with dry patches on my cheeks and nose really flaky.

Facemasks generally cause my skin to feel tight and uncomfortable, and I never really notice a massive difference. I regularly use a honey and oatmeal one from Lush, but with Christmas looming and my bank account looking sad, I thought I'd try and whip up a mask with ingredients in my cupboard.

I used one egg white, whipped with a teaspoon of squeezy honey (nothing posh, just good old Sainsburys). Smoothed this over my face and left until it tightened, rinsed it off. Then smoothed a little of the egg yolk all over my face, again left it until I was unable to smile (I wonder if that's what it looks like when you have Botox....?!), rinsed it off well, and followed with lots of Superdrug Vitamin E moisturiser.

Initially after rinsing my skin looked a bit red and irritated. About 5 minutes after applying the moisturiser I noticed how soft and supple my skin felt, and my cheeks weren't flaky at all anymore! The sebborheic dermatitis I often get around my nose looked noticeably better too. This has NEVER happened in all my (30) years of skincare regimes.....no product ever makes a noticeable difference.

I applied my foundation - and my skin looks AMAZING. Even, glowy and plump, with no visible flakes on my forehead or cheeks, and only a couple of tiny ones on my nose. My skin looks clear and bright, the foundation going on smoothly and blending better than ever before.

Even better, it FEELS great. Comfortable, moisturised and not at all tight. It really feels like I've been 'feeding' my face. And all for the cost of an egg!

I would highly recommend this to anyone, even those with sensitive skin. I'm going to keep using it and will let you know if the results are as good next time around!

on 8/3/2010 5:21:00 PM

Unlike other reviewers, I review how things work for me. I use the egg WHITE with lemon juice or sometimes oatmeal or just by it's self. It makes my face feel toned and smooth. I enjoy it as a mask and have used it for 20 years without problems. I really get tired of reviews by people that know all, just tell me how you use it and how it worked for YOU.

Eyes: Violet

i popped an egg, separated the whites from the yolk and carefully smeared the egg white all over my face avoiding eyes and lips area. Voila! within half an hour or so, it hardened. i washed off the smelly white yolk expecting a miracle but i only see muddy tight skin that hurts when i smile. i look like a bad case of botox overdose . i guess i was expecting some brightening softening halo effect which i wasn't getting any. very disappointed. i am saving the eggs for breakfast next time

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just tried this for the first time tonight. I use aspirin or yogurt masks occasionally and I love both of them, but I wanted to try something for acne. I never had acne in 22 years - then I woke up six months ago with A LOT on my forehead and chin. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed Duac and an antibiotic - of course, I was allergic to both (I have a lot of allergies).

ANYWAY, I tried it. And almost immediately after wiping the goop off my face, my pimples were about 50% smaller. That in an of itself is amazing and worth it. Then, after about two hours, I looked in the mirror again. I have very little acne left! Well, there are still some bumps there, but they are not red - and they are hard and dried out. AMAZING Will definitely make this part of my masque rotation :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's simple yet so effective. I had eggs left over after baking a cake and my friend recommended this to me. So the next day I cracked an egg, took out all the gook and yolk, and placed it in the fridge. I took a hot shower and ran out and grabbed this.

AMAZING. For the first few minutes there was no change. Then out of the blue I could feel it tightening, and boy do I mean tightening. It felt like something was tugging at my face (in a good way). I washed it off in 20 mins and my face was so soft. My complexion looked a bit more even too.

The next morning, I woke up with a hard lump in the corner of my lower cheek, like a dried up pimple. This is actually a good thing! I get random pimples in my smile line of the face and the mask had killed it before it ever formed! By the next day, it was gone.

My face is smoother and no bumps yet (only been 3 days). I'm gonna try the strips soon~

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This tightens my skin like nothing else! Zaps zits fast!