Filtered by skin type : Oily

egg whites

on 11/19/2014 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this mask for the first time tonight. It hardened up on my face very quickly and I couldn't move my face. My face kept getting itchy, too! After washing it off with warm water (I couldn't peel it off) it seems my skin hasn't changed. My pores don't really seem smaller and my whiteheads are still there. Can anyone help me out?? What am I doing wrong?

on 11/14/2014 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There's no mask in the world that is better than egg white + milk.

on 3/25/2012 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

i just LOVE applying the egg white to my face ..
i usually slice a lime n squeeze a few drops of it into the egg white ..
stir it up together & apply it to my face .. leave it on for about an hr. then rinse. this is not something that you should do daily because it tends to dry the skin .. well i use to do it daily to mines .. bad mistake!!! my face was looking so ashy! but yeah the lime juice with the egg white faded my dark marks on my face.. so i am very happy .. you could also try lemon juice! there's nothing like all natural items :)

on 9/24/2010 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My Skin Type:
Oily, Acne-Prone

Climate I live in:
Very Humid & Hot

tips on making it work:
* Don't leave on too long... as soon as it is completely dry, wash it off. Leaving it on for too long ends up drying up the rest of my skin, thus producing more oil.

* Make sure your skin is ABSOLUTELY clean before applying it. Sounds obvious, but my friend ended up breaking out when she applied this mask on top of her oily t-zones -_-

* Apply only the egg whites, NOT the egg yolk. once again, sounds obvious - this is important because for some reason the egg yolk makes me break out, but not the egg white.

* Spot treat. If you have combo skin, use it on your t-zones only. If you are acne prone, cover it on top of acne areas. When I used it on my cheeks (with no acne) it just made my face produce more oils, and thus, more acne! So don't put it all over your face unless you really need it everywhere.

*wash it off with just water, using an acne cleanser to wash this mask off is way too drying.

* apply a light moisturizer as soon as you wash it off. To lessen the tightening feeling after using this mask.

Pro's:
+ Dries out stubborn Acne faster than any cleanser
+ Makes my skin appear less red and easier to cover up with makeup
+ calms my skin, so it's not overly oily or overly dry
+ cheap and fast

Con's:
- I just follow the tips above, and I don't have any other problems with this mask.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried this and really love it! this is my favorite mask after the honey mask. This mask has tighten effect for my skin and visible pores around the nose and cheek getting smaller. after using the egg white, I use the yolk too for natural moisturizer. And I mixed the leftover yolk with 1 teaspoon of EVOO + 1 tbs of coconut oil for hair mask, and it works amazing!!! my hair feels soft and shiny.

Note: It could be messy and the smell of the egg can be bother..but if you are DIY person, it doesn't bother at all :)

on 11/14/2009 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Try using some of the yolk as well. It makes my face have a natural glow.

on 11/14/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love doing eggs masks! I do this about once a week, or just depending on when I have time. First I use a fork to whisk the egg white until its foamy and I use a cotton ball to apply it all over my face. Wait about 15 minutes or until you feel your skin tighten, then I wash it off with lukewarm water. Then I use the egg yolk as well, to help me moisturize my skin since it's cold now and my skin is becoming dry rather than oily. I love doing this because it really tightens your skin and helps a little with drying up any pimples