Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 18 & Under

Price: $

egg whites

on 8/12/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I use the yolk too - helps moisturize my skin afterwards! This has really helped my acne whenever I break out. I got tired of spending so much money on masks from the pharmacy, department stores, online, everywhere! I went online and did some research and I came around this mask, at first; I was quite scared of putting raw egg on my face but despite this, I still did it. I break an egg, get two cups, put the egg whites in one cup and the egg yolk in another. I sometimes add organic honey, but not often. Anyway - I wash my face with my cleanser with warm enough water to open my pores, pat dry with towel, put my egg white on my face for 30-45 minutes (I like mine to feel really hard on my face for some reason) rinse off with warm enough water again to open my pores, pay dry, put egg yolk on my face for 30-45 minutes and rives off with cool (NOT COLD) water. I then put my Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid on. My skin feels so smooth and my acne goes down almost instantly! You gotta try it to love it! Cheap, natural, no nasties inside: what's there not to love?! Would definitely recommend if you have oily acne prone skin :)!

EDIT: I put egg whites mixed with organic honey under my eyes (about two teaspoons of it on each under eye), leave on for 30 minutes, wash off very gently, then put eye yolk on it (no honey), leave on for 30 minutes, wash off very gentle and I put some moisturizing eye cream under it (I've been using it for months and it hasn't done anything, but it's quite moisturizing and expensive so I might as well use it! You don't have to use it). I cannot believe it, it tightened my under eye, and my puffiness has gone! It actually looks like I've had surgery! People have said you don't look as tired as more, what have you done?! I really cannot believe my eyes - it's amazing! If you puffy eyes, please try it! Nothing's ever worked for me except this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This egg white mask is AMAZING for my acne-prone skin. The first try cleared and even out my blemishes and the second try helped an enormously painful pimple reduce. It has helped my blackheads and reduced the size of my pores. Be careful not to overuse it though, or else the results won't be the same. Try it once every 2-3 weeks or once/twice a month. Use a moisturizer after you rinse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For instructions on how to do this fabulous mask my way, keep reading on, you lovely reader.

1) Take an egg and separate the egg white from the yolk. NOTE: do not, I repeat, DO NOT use the yolk!! I have read it can clog pores. If you are acne prone, don't even risk it.

2) Froth the egg white with a fork or egg beater. (optional) add lemon juice. It can't hurt right?

3) Apply using clean fingers, or my personal favorite, an old foundation brush. WARNING: This will bring out your inner Picasso! So go ahead and paint a beautiful egg painting all over that gorgeous face of yours like the goddess you are.

4) Take a 2 ply piece of toilet paper and rip the ply's apart, so each piece is very thin. Then rip into shreds.

5)Apply strips of paper onto your gorgeous face one at a time, making sure no pieces overlap. You don't want them to overlap! Then add another layer of egg white.

6) Wait for all the paper to dry. You will resemble a mummy. It's actually pretty awesome. Like you get all the benefits of mummification, except it's only temporary, and you get the satisfaction of peeling it off.

7) Speaking of pulling it off. Now is the fun part, SLOWLY pull every strip off. Don't just rip em off all willy nilly like, pull those puppies off slowly for maximum benefits.

8) Behold your gorgeous face in the mirror, you handsome devil. Touch your cherub bottom smooth skin, and feel those wrinkles, pores, and blemishes begin to minimize. Feel free to look into that mirror for a fortnight. Because who cares- you are awesome.

The results of using this mask for the first time was fairly satisfying. My skin had a glow but just for a little while only.
I noticed that if I ever left the egg mask on for a long time, it would dry out my face rapidly and cause breakouts of small spots. Overall, I would only use this mask if I ran out of honey to brighten my skin. Just remember to apply moisturiser immediately after you wash off the mask.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mask makes your acne immediately smaller and drys it out. I think over time this will help my acne decrease and hopefully disappear. I love this method and will continue doing it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Amazing, amazing, amazing.
I have tried this before when I had whiteheads mostly and felt like it didn't really do miracles, so I didn't pay to much attention.
But, in the last couple of days I have had 7-8 under the skin-pimples. They were gigantic and horriffic.
So, after overtreating the skin my face was dry as well, so I washed my face with som evoo and then put the egg white on. Left it there for about 20-30 min and OMG. My face is almost completely flat. The pimples are hardly raised at all.
This is a miracle worker, and I've tried alot of products.
TRY IT!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is such a great mask! My skin always looks brighter when i wash it off! Love it!

on 11/11/2008 3:07:00 PM

LOve this mask, it makes my skin soft, and it has helped my acne a little, but it does make my skin so soft, only remember people WASH IT AFTER 15 MINUTES OR SO or after it dries!!! i've heard of people that uses eggwhites as a mosturizer and leave it on all day long, and then complain about the itchiness, like...duh!