Filtered by skin tone : Other

Price: $

Price: $

egg whites

on 10/17/2013 11:06:00 PM

Try if you have excessively oily skin. The egg white (mask #1) draws the oils out, and the egg yolk (mask #2) moisturizes. Spread the egg white around your face in circular upward motions while being careful to avoid the eyes, mouth and nose. Leave each mask on for 15-30 minutes. Don't worry about it hardening. Mask #1: Break the egg white off of your face. Mask #2: Wash the egg yolk off with lukewarm water and pat dry. I have comb/oily skin, so I don't use the egg white that often, being that I do notice the oil reduction. It is the oils that keeps my 40 something skin looking young. This also firms the skin -face or otherwise! Use it on the back of the thighs to reduce the appearance of cellulite.

I use egg whites on my skin about once a week. It helps to shrink and refine pores while tightening and evening out my skin tone. My face feels soft and refreshed after leaving on after 10 minutes. Affordable and you can use ingredients right from the fridge.

on 11/10/2010 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

The good old egg white masks will never go out of style. I used this along with rice paste (crush rice to pulpy white and add hot water) for pimples during my teen and adolescent years. These days I like to add drops of Thayer's toners: lemon for more astringent and oomph, for instance. This works better as a weekly treatment and make sure to apply toner or moisturizer after rinsing off. Highly effective in oil control and tightening pores, but can be drying which can lead to more problems.

on 11/7/2010 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My mom used to make me do this as a child, but back then I didn't care about my skin and got lazy.
Years later, and after seeing so many reviews, I decided to give it a shot again.
I've been using it around 3 days now, and my skin is a lot less red and less oilier. I don't know if it has done anything for my acne, since I don't have a lot of breakouts.
But! It's cheap and works for me! :)

on 9/10/2010 9:58:00 AM

Yes, this DOES work, I saw it on a Dr. Oz episode... something about various home remedies being fact or fiction. He said there is science behind the egg white mask and it DOES work because there is a certain amino acid in the egg white that our skin needs.

I've only done it twice though. the first time i did it only on half my face and I could seen an immediate (subtle) difference in that side vs the other, untreated, side.

In despite of all the good reviews it got I was hopin for the same results. It gave me a temp face lift. A short glow~ How ever it did get some of the gunk loose perfect for puttin a nose strip on. its worth a try.

on 1/8/2009 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I put it on and started gagging. The smell. NAAAAAASTY. Never again.