Filtered by age: 44-55

Price: $

egg whites

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Sometimes the best skin care items are the ones found in your own fridge. I read raves about using egg whites as a mask and this stuff actually works for me. (like anything else, YMMV, depending on your skin)

I gently pat the egg whites onto my skin and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing. My skin has a tightening feeling when I apply the egg whites and my pores do look smaller, at least temporarily.

I've been battling hormonal acne for the past 18 months and I still have yet to see any improvements but it maybe just a matter of time.

But overall, this is a great, inexpensive mask!

I tried this as one person did. Cracked an egg, separated it and painted the egg white on my face with clean foundation brush. Due to time constraints, I was only able to keep on my face ten minutes but it did dry. When I rinsed it off, I had this HUGE white head pimple mountain on my outer cheek (where I don't ever have any problems). Will never use again.

on 6/15/2011 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this mask for over 30 years now, and it has never let me down. Also it's probably the ONLY mask that I would feel comfortable using the day or evening of a big event. I've never had it break me out or cause redness. I love the instant face lift effect and brightening effect that this natural remedy gives. My all time favorite beauty treat. And I've tried to many to count.

on 11/10/2010 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

The good old egg white masks will never go out of style. I used this along with rice paste (crush rice to pulpy white and add hot water) for pimples during my teen and adolescent years. These days I like to add drops of Thayer's toners: lemon for more astringent and oomph, for instance. This works better as a weekly treatment and make sure to apply toner or moisturizer after rinsing off. Highly effective in oil control and tightening pores, but can be drying which can lead to more problems.

on 8/3/2010 5:21:00 PM

Unlike other reviewers, I review how things work for me. I use the egg WHITE with lemon juice or sometimes oatmeal or just by it's self. It makes my face feel toned and smooth. I enjoy it as a mask and have used it for 20 years without problems. I really get tired of reviews by people that know all, just tell me how you use it and how it worked for YOU.