Filtered by age: 30-35

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

egg whites

I'm pregnant and my skin has gone bonkers with hormonal acne. Since most acne products are a no-no during pregnancy, I decided to try this egg white mask and mixed in some olive oil. It took a while to dry (probably due to the olive oil) but it did help calm my acne which was great! My skin felt tighter and smooth. Now it's my go to face mask for pregnancy skin issues.

on 10/12/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This whole process can be a little messy but the results are worth it. If you have oily/acne-prone skin you will benefit greatly from this mask. Just separate the whites from the yolk and apply the white directly on face. Leave on for 5-10 minutes until the mask dries and wash off. Apply moisturizer. This has left my skin smooth and oil-free. The smell of egg white might be unpleasant for some people.

on 10/27/2013 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I use the whole egg beaten up, just as a heads up.

This is one of the few things that works and is simple and cheap. I've come to figure out that I can't use chemicals, and the first time I started using the egg mask, I was also using high percent BHA which made my problems worse. Even most sulfur treatments have alcohol and BHA and it doesn't help me. Egg has natural sulfur (which is why I use the yolk too). I have used this all over and as a spot treatment. It doesn't heal acne over night, but it reduces redness, prevents reinfection, and seems to shrink pores while not over drying. I really like it and have switched to more natural and gentle face care. One egg lasts a looonng time. I beat it and keep it in a container in the fridge. I would get rid of it before a week is up though, if you haven't finished it.

I also find that leaving it on too long is rather drying. Not really in the long term, but just that it gets so hard it can crack your face if you move. Once it's rinsed (which is kind of difficult to do) your face feels fine, but I notice I'm using it less and less as my skin clears. It's a great mask, but thankfully I'm not needing all over masks as often.

on 9/20/2012 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

NO PEER PRESSURE, BUT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT. I mean honestly
my pores around my t-zone are clean and less noticeable. Just use the
whites, (i use 1 and toilet paper), make a mask leave it on till you feel
like a mummy, rinse with warm, then cold water, slightly moisturize.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! :-)

on 7/28/2012 1:34:00 PM

This really is working. I have very difficult skin- it's sensitive & I break out from anything.. hormones, chemicals, products etc & decided to try this due to the high rating here on MUA & soooo happy I did. For so long I've tried so many things, & the answer was sitting in my fridge the whole time! I've been using this mask for 7 days & it has cleared up the acne I did have, & greatly prevented more from forming- my skin is also brighter, more even... I do have just a couple small spots left which I'm using the CVS acne treatment gel on, also highly rated here on MUA. but the eggs have done most of the good work. I use just the whites & keep the left-overs covered in a glass bowl in the fridge because I'm using this every day- this way I don't waste because one egg white will last 3-4 applications.
I feel so much better being able to show my face & just be myself- you all know what I'm talking about... hope this works AMAZINGLY for you, too! :)
**EDIT: I want to add that I also know getting cow's milk OUT of my diet (drink almond or coconut milk instead, NOT soy) & drinking a lot of lemon water all day was also a big reason my acne cleared up.

on 12/21/2011 7:49:00 AM

WOW, Amazing!

I have the most sensitive, spot prone, combination, rosacea troubled skin. That means it's oily, but flaky on my cheeks, forehead and around my nose, uneven skin tone, and in the winter particularly it is a nightmare.

Lately, central heating, London pollution and work stress took their toll and my skin has been red, spotty, sore and itchy, with dry patches on my cheeks and nose really flaky.

Facemasks generally cause my skin to feel tight and uncomfortable, and I never really notice a massive difference. I regularly use a honey and oatmeal one from Lush, but with Christmas looming and my bank account looking sad, I thought I'd try and whip up a mask with ingredients in my cupboard.

I used one egg white, whipped with a teaspoon of squeezy honey (nothing posh, just good old Sainsburys). Smoothed this over my face and left until it tightened, rinsed it off. Then smoothed a little of the egg yolk all over my face, again left it until I was unable to smile (I wonder if that's what it looks like when you have Botox....?!), rinsed it off well, and followed with lots of Superdrug Vitamin E moisturiser.

Initially after rinsing my skin looked a bit red and irritated. About 5 minutes after applying the moisturiser I noticed how soft and supple my skin felt, and my cheeks weren't flaky at all anymore! The sebborheic dermatitis I often get around my nose looked noticeably better too. This has NEVER happened in all my (30) years of skincare regimes.....no product ever makes a noticeable difference.

I applied my foundation - and my skin looks AMAZING. Even, glowy and plump, with no visible flakes on my forehead or cheeks, and only a couple of tiny ones on my nose. My skin looks clear and bright, the foundation going on smoothly and blending better than ever before.

Even better, it FEELS great. Comfortable, moisturised and not at all tight. It really feels like I've been 'feeding' my face. And all for the cost of an egg!

I would highly recommend this to anyone, even those with sensitive skin. I'm going to keep using it and will let you know if the results are as good next time around!

on 8/11/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my first MA review and I felt I had to because this mask has HUGELY contributed to being 100% cystic acne free. I've always been one to have very light blackheads around my nose, an ocassional whitehead, and maybe ONE cystic acne pimple around that time of the month, BUT SUDDENLY angry cystic acne started appearing on a regular basis all throughout the month. It started with one or two (at the same time) and progressed in the past five or six months to 4 or 5 angry, inflamed, painful cysts at the same time. I would have started looking more aggressively for cures when this whole nightmare first began had I known then what I know now, which is that cystic acne will get worse over time if you don't stop it (somehow) in its tracks.

Well by now I've been getting desperate, trying everything I could possibly find reviews or research for that could help. I've tried ACV (topically and internally), lemon water, yeast killing pills, fish oil, honey masks (not on a regular basis though), lavender oil, diet changes (no dairy/milk/cheese, no chocolate, no caffeine, no refined sugar), etc. WELL I finally came across the egg white mask, AND THANK SWEET BABY JESUS that I did. I decided that I was going to do it every night for a week as an experiment. Well after the first three nights it seemed that the cysts that were already there got really pissed off about the egg white masks, and seemed almost more inflamed. Yet I noticed any whiteheads or blackheads were considerably softened or dried out. So I kept going.

Long story, less long, day 7 NO CYSTIC ACNE. Skin is calm and other than one whitehead on my face, this is nothing short of a miracle that I have gone 7+ days without a new cyst and all the ones I had are now gone. I am not exxagerating in ANY WAY. By beginning of July '11 I was getting AT LEAST one or two NEW cysts every single day or as soon as one cyst would dissipate (after forcefully popping).

So, here's my routine, because I'm not sure that it's just the egg white mask, BUT I believe it is because everything in my routine (except the egg white mask and macadamia nut oil, I was already doing with little to no real results for months and months prior). I will say that I simultaneously got very religious with my honey/cinnamon masks and now I rarely if ever skip a day of it.

Daily/Morning:
-PRAYER lol - yes I started adding in a prayer about my skin!! ;)
-Wash face with glycerine vitamin e soap (some mornings I skip this)
-Honey & Cinnamon mask first thing in the morning 5-15min or longer if I have the time. Rinse it off with lukewarm water in the shower.
-Tone face with green tea or w/ George's 100% aloe vera liquid
-Apply a thin layer of organic, unrefined Macadamia Nut Oil to moisturize
-Blot face to absorb excess oil, then apply makeup

Nightly:
-Use organic Jojoba oil to remove makeup
-Wash face with glycerine vitamin e soap (I never skip this at night)
-Whipped egg white mixed with a good squeeze of lemon applied to face, allowed to dry and sit for at least 20 min, but I've let it sit for up to an hour...sometimes longer if I'm watching tv or talking on the phone.
-Tone with green tea or w/ George's 100% aloe vera liquid
-Apply a thin layer of organic, unrefined Macadamia Nut Oil to moisturize
-(If you have any active whiteheads or cysts you can add a drop of lavender oil directly to the infected area(s) at this time.)
-I've also done one lactic acid peel and plan on doing one (30% concentration) at least twice a week from now on to start healing scars/exfoliating from the past cystic acne. I wouldn't recommend lactic acid peels if you haven't cleared/healed your acne yet because it will irritate it or make it bleed/scab. I bought my lactic acid peel on ebay, and another 40% version on Makeup Artists Choice website which I haven't worked my way up to using yet.

The egg white mask is definitely worth trying if you've tried everything and if you want a possible cure for cystic acne. I would also suggest getting a grip on stress in your life...as I feel it's definitely aggravated the acne. I've also completely eliminated dairy/cheese/milk/ice cream/butter from my diet with the exception of very, very tiny servings of it if I'm dining out, visiting a friend, etc. Through the process of elimination I've found that I'm ok with organic dark chocolate, sugar, caffeine in very small/moderate amounts.

Hope this helps someone. Cystic acne can be devastating. Peace and love dearies. UPDATE: Well the egg white mask stopped working so I had to think what else I was doing for that first week that it worked so wonderfully and I FORGOT that I started eating 1/2 a steamed sweet potato per day and was eating lots of organic carrots that week as well (for their beta carotene/vitamin A/anti inflammatory properties) and I'm starting to think those were the real kicker for the cystic acne. I just started back with the carrots and sweet potatoes this week and started using organic ginger tea as a toner (which seems to work almost instantly for calming down cysts) so I'll update with results. Still not going to give up the egg white mask because it makes my skin look and feel amazing after use.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I read about egg whites as a mask on MUA, tried it, and really like it. It tightens pores and makes blackheads easy to extract. I tried it because I wanted to try the Merle Norman Miracol revitalizing cream mask which is mainly egg whites, but can't buy it here in Australia. See also my review on the Merle Norman product. The only downside is that you have to crack an egg to make the mask, and only need a tiny bit. I've been making lots of muffins and omlettes as a result. I'm going to try and buy egg white powder and use this instead. Again it's harder to get this in Australia than it is in the USA, but no doubt I will find it at a health food shop or cake decorating supply store. Will add a review on egg white powder once I try it.

I decided to try this after reading reviews on here. I don't have problems with acne but my pores had gotten noticeably bigger.
Well after doing this mask 5 times a week for a few weeks now they are noticeably quite a bit smaller and my complexion looks so nice.
I whip up the white with some honey and apply it with a foundation brush that I use only for masks. After it dries I rinse off and combine the yellow with some honey and apply the same way. After that dries I usually just get in the shower to make sure everything washs totally off. It's kinda gross but well worth it. Works better than any other mask, store bought or spa.

I slather egg whites on my face 2-3 times a week. I leave it on for 15-20 minutes and by that time it would have hardened on the skin to a similar consistency of a clay mask. Then wash it off with my normal cleanser and follow with moisturiser.

It does wonders for skin brightening helping my skin to stay smooth, soft, healthy and radiant. However, Iím yet to see results to support the claims that eggs tighten the skin, and reduce pore size and whiten skin.

I like how it does not irritate my skin and itís all natural and an inexpensive skincare alternative.