Maybelline Express Nail Polish in Pink Stars

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really hope this is not discontinued since it is one of my favorite nail polish shades. I am not a big "glitter" person but this nail polish is just gorgeous! It reminds me of my favorite lipgloss, LORAC lip polish in Kiss. Both appear on me as a burnt rose type of shade with red/pink shimmer (as opposed to the more typical silver or gold shimmer). Pink Stars is glittery enough to be fun but not over-the-top. I get loads of compliments when I wear it on either toes or fingers. The shimmery nature means that if you get a chip you can usually touch it up without having to repaint the whole nail. Yes, it is a bugger to remove but that's the price you pay for beauty I suppose.

on 9/28/2005 11:43:00 AM

I've been looking for this particular shade for awhile but it seems to have been phased out (it's part of the Express Finish GLITTER line, which might've been a LE thing). Luckily spotted it at a local Rite Aid and am super-pleased with my 3 bucks and some change purchase. This is very close to NARS Arabesque, except this is a bit more of a red-pink, like a strawberry pink, but the NARS is a cooler, slightly mauvier pink and has finer glitter particles that are less densely packed in the clear polish. I like "Pink Stars" way better because there's tons and tons of glitter packed into it. One coat gives your nails a super-pretty sheerly bejeweled topcoat; two coats give you a nicely opaque glittery finish with more color. The glitter particles are just the right size to show up and be flashy but not so big that it makes your nails feel 'rough'. Wears very well with little chipping or peeling. I must warn you: glitter polishes are generally tenacious buggers, so be prepared for a fight when you go to remove it. Gorgeous summer toe nail polish :) continued >>

on 9/25/2004 4:57:00 PM

I love this. One coat is subtley sparkly, two coats make your toes look bejewelled. Really pretty for summer.

on 7/8/2004 2:37:00 PM

I bought this at the dirt-cheap price of $0.99, and for that much it's brilliant. Pink Stars gets a lot of comparisons to NARS Arabesque (which I also own) but PS is redder and the glitter isn't as fine as the NARS, which I prefer. That aside, this is a great polish for toes you want to show off -- looks like gems in your sandals. A must-buy!

on 7/12/2003 9:45:00 PM

LOOOOVE this color for summer! Great with a tan and with strappy heels! I usually use two coats alone and it looks awesome! I always get compliments on my nails when I wear this. It's such a fun and pretty glittery pink. Only complaint-it is such a hassle to remove!

on 8/5/2002 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love this nail polish!! I've never tried wearing it alone, but have layered it on top of OPI's Pompeii Purple and Far East Fuschia. It makes me nails look like they have diamonds on them! :) The only bad thing is that it's hard to get off because of the glitter.

on 8/1/2002 1:39:00 PM

not quite "me" but an exact match for nars arabesque polish--spend less buy other must haves!

on 6/12/2002 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This looks just like NARS Arabesque only this one costs $3. It looks great alone or paired over a pink polish and really holds up on my nails without chipping.

Popular Polishes