TheBalm Bahama Mama

TheBalm Bahama Mama
Bahama MamaBahama MamaBahama Mama

4.2

Mica Ci 77019, Isoeicosane, Silica, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Bismuth Oxychloride Ci 77163.

This is NOT a true bronzer. This is a contour powder. I wouldn't use this as a bronzer because it isnt warm at all, and will make your face look muddy if you use it all over your face. It's a super cool toned brown, which makes it perfect for contouring your nose and cheekbones. I can't use anything else on my nose because all other powders are too warm or orangey. I love this!! But don't get it full price...thebalm goes on 50% off sale a couple times a year.

on 11/24/2016 2:05:00 AM

If you want that sun kissed effect well here you go, The pigmentation. Let's just say a little goes a long way, blends well I also used it for an eyeshadow . Love the packaging

on 11/22/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I may just use this as an eyeshadow, I've tried it several times now, with different foundations and I find it gives me a slightly corpse-like appearance. I think it's a grey-brown, I bought it because I wanted a bronze/contour, with no orange at all, which is what I got, but it's too dark, which is something I can work with, by using a light touch and blending a lot, but I really don't like that morgue shadow effect.

on 10/27/2016 1:31:00 PM

This is a good bronzer, but for olive skin like me, this bronzer is too light.

I love this bronzer! I had this a while back and gave it to my best friend because it was realllllly dark on me and she's tan-medium but I loved the texture and how it blended. It was really pigmented, I suggest a very light hand. I'm personally not a huge fan of an excessively bronzed face because my skin is so fair! I would definitely repurchase.

on 10/22/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect bronzer for every day use...I use this bronzer with the Benefit Hoola brush and the result is amazing!
I would definitely repurchase. The Bahama Mama's colour is gorgeous on medium skin tones, and there is no orange tinge to it like Benefit's Hoola

on 10/21/2016 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Once again I gave in to the hype and was initially really disappointed. This bronzer was just too matte for me and despite warming my face up still managed to make my skin look flat. However, I was late for work and picked this up quickly as a contour and wow it works brilliantly on my NW20 skin in this way - who'd have thought?? It blends in like a dream with my other bronzers and just looks natural. The Balms packaging is "kitch" IMHO and not something I particularly like, but if it keeps the price down then carry on. I wouldn't not repurchase this, but equally it's not something I could live without.

on 10/18/2016 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thing is I really like to use this product to bronze my face but I've found out that it's been making my skin break out??( Think it might be bismuth oxychloride because I don't find it in my other stuff) Which is really sad because I really like the color of it and it blends really well w my foundation and a little product goes a looong way. Like really. One swipe with a brush is more than enough for my nc25-30 skin. Use more than that, and it'll look more like you put brown eyeshadow on the sides of your face. So yes I think I'll use it as eyeshadow now lol. I'm passing it down to my sister to use it as a bronzer because it doesnt make her break out UGh now I have to find another bronzer

The packaging is so good because its compact, flat w a mirror (A MIRROR OF ALL THINGS OMG) and extremely portable but why does this have to break me out why oh why oh well

***update: It even gave my eyelids clogged pores wth i give up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So far I really like this bronzer- it's talc free so doesn't break me out!! I'm extremely fair so this is slightly too orange toned for me but I still really like it for bronzing up my face- just not contouring or anything. Cute packaging, nice and compact.

on 9/30/2016 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff. I'm am fair with oil skin and yellow undertones. This product looks pretty dark in the compact but blends out super easily and you can get a really nice subtle contour. It is very pigmented so you can also do a sharp contour if you choose. I think the only skin tone this wouldn't work for is very dark because it wouldn't show up. I also use this to define my crease as a quick eyeshadow look. I purchased it on ebay for a really low price so that was fine for me, but I do feel that the retail amount is high. I would probably repurchase at the normal amount if I had to because I enjoy it so much. No odor. Didn't irritate my skin.

pros:
- perfect contour color
- blends beautifully
- versatile (contour, bronzer, eyeshadow)

cons:
- cardboard packaging
- hard to find in stores, easy online
- not cheap lol

Popular Bronzers