TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer, Shadow & Contour Powder

TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer, Shadow & Contour Powder
Bahama Mama Bronzer, Shadow & Contour PowderBahama Mama Bronzer, Shadow & Contour PowderBahama Mama Bronzer, Shadow & Contour PowderBahama Mama Bronzer, Shadow & Contour PowderBahama Mama Bronzer, Shadow & Contour Powder

4.2

Mica Ci 77019, Isoeicosane, Silica, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Bismuth Oxychloride Ci 77163.

I have used up my old one and repurchased Bahama Mama about a year ago. To use up the first one it took me 4-5 years, so you definitely get your money’s worth out of it!

I like this bronzer but I have to be in the mood for it if that makes sense. I don‘t use it all the time but I have periods where this is the only bronzer I wanna use. And at other times months go by without me touching it..

It‘s a matte cool toned bronzer that is relativey dark. I‘m about an NC20 and I can *just* get away with it. It’s not a super pigmented and powdery bronzer, but due to the colour I still have to be very careful. I like using it as a contour powder as well and it works wonderfully for that.
It’s however definitely not your „glowy, bronzed goddess“ bronzer - too matte, too cool toned and dark for that.

All in all still a great product, but not my favourite. I have repurchased it once but probably wouldn’t a second time.

on 7/15/2018 9:37:00 PM

I got a sample of this in my ipsy bag, probably a year and a half ago, and I still use it (I do not wear makeup daily). I use this bronzer often when I do wear makeup, but I would not say it's my favorite, I guess. I'm not sure why, I think it might be the texture/look of the powder.

The thing I like about it is that it's cool-toned, and I have pulled it off as both a contour and a bronzer. I have a natural contour that is very cool-toned, even though I have warm-neutral skin, so it is weird to me to use anything warm-toned near that area. A lot of bronzers I receive or buy are somehow always warm-toned compared to this one.

on 5/15/2018 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

HG bronzer and contour! I can't believe it's taken me THIS LONG to finally get to it! It's more fitting for my C40/C6 (I mix them together via Fix+) skin than Laguna or Casino. This costs more than I usually pay for a contour powder, but it's worth it! It's the few shades that actually look normal on my skin and not straight-up gray. Please don't ever stop making this!!

on 5/15/2018 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$20.00
Website Description:

Finally, a Caribbean getaway in a compact! This matte bronzer creates the look of beautifully tanned skin without any orange undertones for a fresh-off-the-beach glow. Bahama Mama also doubles as the perfect contour powder, neutral brow-filler and matte brown eyeshadow. Yes, this tropical beauty keeps busy!

This was a total fail for me. Gave it away. It is too cool toned and made my face look ashy, gray & dirty. Not orange at all, zero orange. But lots of ashy mud on me. This to me is definitely more of a contour not a bronzer. It went on splotchy with some foundations, doesn't play nice with some of them and ends up looking a muddy mess. It is matte, but not chalky looking and doesn't emphasize pores or texture. Packaging it typical cardboard. Cute but not all that sturdy. Maybe if the color worked better I would have liked this better, but on me it was awful. No way could I use it as a bronzer ever.

on 4/23/2018 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually wear the lightest shade in foundation and this surprisingly works for me! It is really dark, but I use veeeeery little of it, and it works great. I got it for free and I would not have dared to buy it because of the dark shade, but now I think I will repurchase--but I can't see myself running out of it anytime soon. Ive been using it almost daily for about 2 months and its hardly visible. It doesnt smell anything. It has a magnetic lock, which I guess feels strong enough for having it in your purse, but I havent tried it, so I wont promise anything! ;) Best with a brush of course, but works just fine using your finger too.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the best matte bronzer I've used. I love that I can use it to contour or for a simple perk in my complexion without all of the shimmer, glitter and sparkles of other bronzers. It's great that there is no orange undertone, this is a true brown matte bronzer. Perfect for medium dark skin! My only issue is the cardboard packaging, it's just not a great way to wrap a cosmetic product. If you can get over the price, I highly recommend!

on 3/8/2018 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This can be used as an all over bronzer or contour. I have a medium skin tone that tans easily. The shade for me is a slight tan effect when I am lightly tan, or a contour when I am medium toned. It only takes a light hand when bronzing otherwise is can look a little muddy. I using more for bronzing than contouring but works well enough to do both. This is something that I pack when traveling since it is a 2 in 1 product.

This is my first bronzer and literally, it looks so good on my face. It just gives such a natural light tan on my skin. I just it mainly to contour my cheeks and forehead. My only problem is probably the price. Still hope to find a drugstore bronzer that would be a good dupe for this.

on 8/15/2017 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm love the texture of this product. The packaging is soo cute and I just love it! But for my skin, sometimes can be super tan so it's a little bit dull. I try this product on my sister face and it's turn a great look. But overall, it's worth it to buy you guys!!!

on 8/8/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

While it gives the skin a beautiful tan, it does not give off a glow as it is very matte so I have been using it as a contour shade instead and I've been really enjoying it as it blends very well and is very pigmented.