Maybelline Lineworks Waterproof Liquid EyeLiner in Black

Maybelline Lineworks Waterproof Liquid EyeLiner in Black

3.6

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have repurchased this liner over and over again and have absoutely no regrets at all about this product. This is the only liquid liner that has worked for me and is the best that I have tried so far. The applicator is a felt tip which is better than a brush tip in my opinion as you have better control and gives a more precise sharper looking line. The formula is jet-black and gives off a real intensity which I LOVE. This doesn't smudge or flake on me and dries super quick which is fantastic especially if your in a rush. I use this liner on my upper lash line and also sometimes for my upper waterline (tight lining) and it works perfectly. I can go by the day without worrying whether my liner has smudged or not. Have backups of this already. :) 5/5 from me!

As you can see the wand is basically the brush where you apply your eyeliner. I don't know if I had this eyeliner for too long but sometimes when I apply it on my eyelid its uneven, as in its runny and the colour black might be light on one end and normal on the other. So then, I'll have to apply it on again to fix it. Besides that, the eyeliner is decent it stays on for hours. It won't smudge unless after applying I immediately blink my eyelids. Overall, this is a decent eyeliner worth trying.

To Read all 210 Reviews, Login or Join

This was the first liquid eyeliner I ever tried! I stuck to using it for the last two years. I have really oily eyelids, and so when I found that the eyeliner would smudge or disappear after a few hours of wear (even with UDPP), I attributed it to my eyelids, never giving any other eyeliner a try. I recently bought another eyeliner and found that it wasn't my eyelids at fault - it was the eyeliner. While this eyeliner isn't too bad, you can definitely find better for around the same price (ie. Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner or Wet n Wild's liquid eyeliner).

felt tip applicator was nice
a bit runny, so hard to apply
when dried, eyeliner eventually flakes off

on 12/16/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

It is a really good eyeliner. Have been using it for few months and can not say a bad thing about it. However, I can not decide if I like it better than my Revlon eyeliner. Will update later on.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I usually use pencil eyeliners because it's the easiest for me but I decided to switch to liquid since it looks a lot nicer. This was the first liquid eyeliner product I used so I really liked it! I like how the applicator tip allowed for me to smoothly put it on my eyelids and it wasn't too liquid or less liquid - the right amount. I have oily lids so it didn't last long the first round and smeared a lot but after setting it with a black eyeshadow over it, it lasted the whole day. It's good for the price! ($8 CAN)

on 10/15/2010 2:25:00 PM

Pros:
- not expensive

Cons:
- Not smudgeproof esp if you have oily eyelids
- Does not last all day
- felt-style tip gets "dull" quickly

I prefer Stila's liquid liner. It costs a little more but it actually is smudgeproof and lasts all day!

Wow! I am shocked by all the bad reviews on here!

Girls, I use a lot of eye creams/treatments around my eyes and sweat a lot... ( I know...right! It sux! and I am not over weight either! As the guys say.....I'm actually a 30something milf!! lmao!! So, I have to use a lot of those shine free face absorbent sheets, in the summer time).... and this stuff does not move and stays on me pretty good.

I read some of the "watery black" comments......and that is only if you do not shake the little ball that is inside and mix this up!....Duh! Lol!

I have 2 boys and a hubby..... and we all love to LIVE OUTSIDE, CAMPING and go to POOLS and WATER PARKS constantly!(Even Indoor Water Parks in the winter)

So, I live in water and I have put this to the test constantly! This liner really does last through a lot of high heat sweating and rough playing in the water.
I need to wear eyeliner and mascara all the time....because my eyes look very little without them. So, I use waterproof mascara(my fave waterproof mascara is the Vibrating Pulse by Maybelline....it stays on wonderfully.Plus, if you like false looking lashes, like me....then this waterproof version will give you big results...that does not flake off in water!!!!)

Now,the tip is a bit firm(yet not too firm.It doesn't scratch or hurt at all)) and its smaller tip, which allows for a precise line.
Its not the long flimsy tip that you cannot control very well with! Yay!

I have tried many waterproof liquid liners that skipped or actually pulled up and off the old line.... if you go back over it to make it darker or just to refresh(I love a very dramatic eye everyday)
This does not do that! Yay!

I would have never tried this if it didn't come as a freebie with a mascara I decided to try.... I am so happy I did. (I usually always just use Rimmels waterproof mechanical pencil and then went over it with a gel liner for that bold eye liner look) I still love my gel liners too. Yet, this is so much faster and easier to get the job done and to look hot for my man..... fast!

This is how I wear it....
I put on UDPP or mineral powder all over lids. Then I usually put my HG Rimmel Waterproof Automatic eyeliner in Noire(this stuff doesn't budge ever! luv it too death!) on my upper lids and on my waterline. Then apply my shadows(if I'm not going to play outside or in the water that day) Then I put a layer of this on top of my Rimmel liner.... to make the lines very dark again and its now virtually bullet proof! Lol!
Then add some coats of Pulse waterproof mascara and my eyes will look basically the same at the end of the day. And let me tell ya... We live in the Wave Pools for hours at a time! Then go on waterslides constantly!

So, yeah!
I think this is great and its under $4.00!

Plus, you can also find this in a mascara package..... as a bonus....you can't beat it!

on 7/15/2010 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitely not waterproof nor smudge-proof either, well at least for me it wasnt. I borrowed this eyeliner from sister to try out liquid eyeliner. I applied it to my top lid and let it dry for a minute and tested it out by sweeping my finger on the line. It smudged BIG TIME. When I went to wash it off, I thought I was going to have a hard time since it is waterproof, but when I got water on it, it smeared down to my cheeks. The only thing I like about this is the pigmentation of the black.

on 7/12/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I got this about 3-4 weeks ago and at first, I loved the thickness of the liquid. But as the days went by, my eyelids started become red and dry. It definitely doesn't live up to it's name. It's not waterproof, and it peels easily. The liner flakes off as the day goes by and you're left with patchy eyeliner.
I don't plan on buying this product again in the future.