Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

2.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT WATER*, ALCOHOL SD (DENATURED WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL)*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL*, LECITHIN (SOYBEAN)*, CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL*, TALC, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER)*, OLEA EURPOAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT UNSAPONIFIABLES, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER, ALGINIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL WHEAT BRAN GLUCOSIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDRATED SILICA, IRON OXIDE, XANTHAN GUM.

on 12/8/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

On its own, this tinted moisturizer didn't work that well for me. It was greasy, didn't last long and had a distinct filmy texture when it was on my face. I think it could be really good for dry-normal skin, but didn't work well for my combo-oily skin.

The colour match was not that great either, since even after I buffed it in really well, it still gave me a weird sheen that made me look like 1) it was the wrong colour, and 2) it looked unnatural and didn't soak into my pores. It just looked like it was on top of my skin, instead of really becoming blended like I would expect from a tinted moisturizer.

The main use I have for this tinted moisturizer is mixing it with a foundation or a more pigmented tinted moisturizer (like The Balm tinted moisturizer and NYX HD Studio Foundation). I like the finish it gives when mixed in with another foundation/tinted moisturizer product, since it adds sheen and lightness while the other products have the staying power and the depth in colour.

By itself, I won't use it again. I like the concept behind it, and the price was decent, but it definitely has a strong lavender smell that is very noticeable. It didn't work well for me, and since I have to mix it with other products, I'll pass.

I always recommend The Balm tinted moisturizers because those have been the best I've ever tried (especially for deeper skin tones and oiler skin).

on 12/25/2008 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got this as a gift a few weeks ago. I didn't use it right away since I am picky about moisturizers, but once I started using it, I loved it! It's has a light creamy texture, which is perfect for putting on right out of the shower. It does not make me break out. In fact, my skin's been looking healthier since I've been using this. It give me the right amount of tint, so I don't have to use foundation during the day. The smell doesn't bother me, and it fades very quickly, just about as long as it takes to dry. My skin glows because of this! Plus, I like the fact that it has sun protection in it, SPF 15. This is better than CeraVe (if CeraVe was tinted).

EDIT: Holy crap. I don't know if this is because it was the bottom of the tube or because the season changed, BUT... I have been breaking out soooo bad because of this! And you can see every single pore on my face. I used to LOVE this product, now I won't even think about putting it on my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Actually this stuff is nice enough. Some friend in a beauty forum wrote a good review about this, so i gave this a try. The texture is too watery for my liking, so-so coverage, the shade doesn't match my undertone.
I have asian olive-yellow undertone and i use Natural to Tan, (i thought it has olive/yellow tone) then I found it has more beige in it. I just buff a bit of powder that match my tone and it's still ok for non-make up day with family or lazy sundays. and yes, it made my skin more oily *sigh*.. the strong Lavender smell? hmm finally, it does bother me.
(about the so-so coverage, i might be love this even more when my acne scars all gone, but the question is: WHEN?)
well, 3.5lippies overall