Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT WATER*, ALCOHOL SD (DENATURED WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL)*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL*, LECITHIN (SOYBEAN)*, CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL*, TALC, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER)*, OLEA EURPOAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT UNSAPONIFIABLES, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER, ALGINIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL WHEAT BRAN GLUCOSIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDRATED SILICA, IRON OXIDE, XANTHAN GUM.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

My boyfriend went to the US on business recently so I sent him a list of PF makeup to bring back for me as we can't get hold of it very easily in the UK. This wasn't on my list but he bought it as a little extra gift. I was a little put off by all the negative press it seems to have received but I gave it a go anyway and I have to say, I really like it. The smell is very strong (a lavender-y, fresh pine type scent) and I can understand why some people don't like it but I find it very pleasant. I followed the directions on the bottle, shook it very well, then squeezed a little on to the back of my hand. I dotted it all around my face and blended it in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. It immediately started oxidising (darkening slightly) on my skin before I'd even started buffing it in but I found that this didn't effect the end result - it blended evenly and was a great match for me. It sat nicely on my skin without a primer (which is the ultimate test as I have an oily t-zone and many products look streaky and slide off my skin in those areas) and it gave a very light coverage with a slightly dewy finish, exactly what I'm looking for in a tinted moisturiser/BB cream in the summer months. I found that the product started to set quite quickly and felt a little stiff to work with after a time (I like to spend quite a while blending in my base product) but again, I quite liked this as it felt like it wasn't going to slide off or leave an oily finish and it never looked streaky or uneven because of the fast setting time. Once I applied the rest of my makeup, I powdered my face with MAC blot powder, sprayed on a liberal layer of MAC Fix +, waited for that to dry completely then went back over my t-zone with my blot powder - something I always do no matter what base product I'm using. By the end of the day, I had a slight sheen down my t-zone area but that's about normal for me. I guess the wear time was no more or less than I'd expect from a TM and it didn't break me out or cause any irritation. The only possible negative for some is that the shade range can't be that great as this seems to be the darkest in the range and is still quite light. All in all however, a great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this product. I am new to tinted moisturizers. I typically use foundation in the winter and nothing in the summer. I don't like to wear heavy makeup but I have some ruddiness I like to even out, along with the occasional pimple. My skin is combination and gets quite oily on the forehead and nose. I usually have to blot with tissues throughout the day.
This product provided very nice, light coverage. Covered the redness and evened out my skin tone overall, yet looked very natural, like I wasn't wearing anything. It does go on thin but still covers nicely.
I didn't have to blot my face all day, but the coverage was not too matte looking and it didn't wear off or fade at all. I even had a nice dewy glow without looking greasy.
It's also nice to know I am protected with SPF. I don't think I'll ever go back to full foundation, not even in the winter. And this is light enough for me to wear during the summer too.
I will definitely be purchasing again.

**edited**
Forgot to add: make sure you shake the bottle well before using it, and go with a darker color than you normally would as the sunscreen lightens it up.

on 4/29/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was two for about eleven dollars at Wallie World. It's too much product for me so I'll probably gift the second one since it may expire before I use it all. I tried it today and it is pretty thin and easy to get in my hairline upon application. It blended easily. I have light skin, but I wanted a tan look, so I got the Natural to Tan. This color looked very natural and gave me a touch more color than I already have. It didn't turn orange or yellow on me which is a plus. It set quickly. It was a bit shiny even after it dried and slightly had that glowy sunblock feel. No problem. I followed it up with my powder bronzer and it toned the shine down. I also used my Clinique concealer under my eyes to hide some of the darkness. By the way, the smell did not bother me at all. It is a bit earthy smell, but if you're used to Burt's Bees and other natural products, you've probably gotten used to the way those products smell - kind of like sticking your nose in the ground. The smell does go away, and I don't notice it after it dries.

I will continue to use this product. It didn't bother my sensitive skin and toned down red areas around my nose and above my chin. The Fair to Light probably would be too light for most light skinned people. I would suggest only the fairest ladies go with the fair to light. It probably wouldn't show up on the average skin tone.

on 8/25/2010 8:42:00 AM

I really really really wanted to like this product. I've been trying to find alternatives to my smashbox HD foundation for now since I'm moving to a tropical island and it's incredibly humid and around 35 degrees C on most days. But this broke me out really badly. I usually have really clears skin with the occasional zit that goes away in a few days. But this one gave me cystic acne that hurt and there were 2! they were so big I felt so embarassed about them. Everytime I talked to someone I felt like all they could see was my giant zit! It's too bad cause I liked the idea of using organic products but my skin doesn't seem to like them very much. It's also really expensive for a drugstore brand. It was more expensive than Revlon's photoready foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great to apply on days where you don't want to put on heavy makeup! It evens out your skintone, and absorbs quickly! I love it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ohmygod. This is love <333
This stuff may not have the best coverage, but my skin is dewy and perfect with it. I use a finishing powder over it sometimes, and either way, it's phenomenal. It is very liquidy, but still easy to handle. This is my HG TM. Plus, its organic and cruelty free!

I don't dig that I'm a Light-Medium in most foundation/TM and in this I'm the darkest color available...but w/e. It's still amazing!

on 5/31/2009 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love WetnWild TM but I have heard good reviews about this. Although reviews here are not that great, I personally think this is a great product considering quality and ingredients. I am super oily and unlike other people, I did not feel that this made me oilier. It has a pleasant smell and it feels great on my skin. I feel that my skin is well moisturized but not greasy at all. I put some light blush on this and it stays on. It definitely gives a glow. The only complaint is the color. Natural to Tan is medium. It is not remotely close to tan at all. I recommend this to every one-

on 5/13/2008 11:00:00 PM

Well I got this for free and figured Id try it. Im fair and thought this would have to wait til summer but I tried it anyway. The color is SO sheer so it actually seemed to work out. It is really sheer however does even out my skin nicely. I still dont like how this line of products smell but this is faint and is isnt noticeable after application. My skin looks healthy and with a little concealer seems decent for a D/S tinted moisturizer.

on 4/21/2008 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Marketed as Organic, and certainly smells organic (fairly strong herbal scent that fades fast) but I'm sure that most of the ingredients aren't really organic. But, I don't care. I have tried what seems to be a zillion Tinted Moisturizers and so far this is my favorite. Feels light and moisturizing when I put it on, doesn't leave a filmy feel of foundation. Blends wonderfully and covers very well. Doesn't make me look overly shiny or show dry flakes. It looks a bit shiny at first, but sinks into my skin in a few minutes to look natural.

Just right, Goldilocks!

Good price, not a whole lot of shade options, but seems to be fairly forgiving. I'm a medium neutral (MAC NC40ish)- this shade could be just a touch more yellow for my skin, but it's almost perfect. Will repurchase.