Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

4.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT WATER*, ALCOHOL SD (DENATURED WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL)*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL*, LECITHIN (SOYBEAN)*, CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL*, TALC, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER)*, OLEA EURPOAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT UNSAPONIFIABLES, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER, ALGINIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL WHEAT BRAN GLUCOSIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDRATED SILICA, IRON OXIDE, XANTHAN GUM.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I've always steered clear of tinted moisturizers because they make my sensitive skin freak out. I picked this up on out-of-season clearance at CVS and thought I'd give it a try this summer. My skin LOVES it and I love getting to wear something so light on these hot days! Wear is pretty good, too!

on 4/29/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was two for about eleven dollars at Wallie World. It's too much product for me so I'll probably gift the second one since it may expire before I use it all. I tried it today and it is pretty thin and easy to get in my hairline upon application. It blended easily. I have light skin, but I wanted a tan look, so I got the Natural to Tan. This color looked very natural and gave me a touch more color than I already have. It didn't turn orange or yellow on me which is a plus. It set quickly. It was a bit shiny even after it dried and slightly had that glowy sunblock feel. No problem. I followed it up with my powder bronzer and it toned the shine down. I also used my Clinique concealer under my eyes to hide some of the darkness. By the way, the smell did not bother me at all. It is a bit earthy smell, but if you're used to Burt's Bees and other natural products, you've probably gotten used to the way those products smell - kind of like sticking your nose in the ground. The smell does go away, and I don't notice it after it dries.

I will continue to use this product. It didn't bother my sensitive skin and toned down red areas around my nose and above my chin. The Fair to Light probably would be too light for most light skinned people. I would suggest only the fairest ladies go with the fair to light. It probably wouldn't show up on the average skin tone.

on 8/15/2010 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm pretty neutral about this product.

The tint didn't seem to go with the undertones in my skin at all. I have very golden undertones and it gave me a very washed out appearance (almost ashy). Also, the formula is strange. I have dry skin and when I put it on I felt like it was drying my skin out a bit, except it left it with a dewy finish. This is a very strange combination.

Pros:
-will not irritate skin
-organic
-cruelty-free

cons:
-small variety of colors
-odd formula (would suit normal/combination skin best)

on 4/21/2008 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Marketed as Organic, and certainly smells organic (fairly strong herbal scent that fades fast) but I'm sure that most of the ingredients aren't really organic. But, I don't care. I have tried what seems to be a zillion Tinted Moisturizers and so far this is my favorite. Feels light and moisturizing when I put it on, doesn't leave a filmy feel of foundation. Blends wonderfully and covers very well. Doesn't make me look overly shiny or show dry flakes. It looks a bit shiny at first, but sinks into my skin in a few minutes to look natural.

Just right, Goldilocks!

Good price, not a whole lot of shade options, but seems to be fairly forgiving. I'm a medium neutral (MAC NC40ish)- this shade could be just a touch more yellow for my skin, but it's almost perfect. Will repurchase.

Top Rated Tinted Moisturizer