Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT WATER*, ALCOHOL SD (DENATURED WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL)*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL*, LECITHIN (SOYBEAN)*, CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL*, TALC, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER)*, OLEA EURPOAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT UNSAPONIFIABLES, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER, ALGINIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL WHEAT BRAN GLUCOSIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDRATED SILICA, IRON OXIDE, XANTHAN GUM.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I've always steered clear of tinted moisturizers because they make my sensitive skin freak out. I picked this up on out-of-season clearance at CVS and thought I'd give it a try this summer. My skin LOVES it and I love getting to wear something so light on these hot days! Wear is pretty good, too!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this product. I am new to tinted moisturizers. I typically use foundation in the winter and nothing in the summer. I don't like to wear heavy makeup but I have some ruddiness I like to even out, along with the occasional pimple. My skin is combination and gets quite oily on the forehead and nose. I usually have to blot with tissues throughout the day.
This product provided very nice, light coverage. Covered the redness and evened out my skin tone overall, yet looked very natural, like I wasn't wearing anything. It does go on thin but still covers nicely.
I didn't have to blot my face all day, but the coverage was not too matte looking and it didn't wear off or fade at all. I even had a nice dewy glow without looking greasy.
It's also nice to know I am protected with SPF. I don't think I'll ever go back to full foundation, not even in the winter. And this is light enough for me to wear during the summer too.
I will definitely be purchasing again.

**edited**
Forgot to add: make sure you shake the bottle well before using it, and go with a darker color than you normally would as the sunscreen lightens it up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i always wanted to try tinted moisturizers because i dont
like to put on a lot of makeup when i go to school. this gives me a nice glow and look really nice paired with my mineral powder. i love it and will continue to buy more.

on 1/11/2011 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I bought two tubes of this and I use it periodically. I like it fine and will continue to use it. It is very thin and comes out of the tube fast so you need to be a little bit careful. Yes the coverage is very light, then it's a tinted moisturizer so it's supposed to be! I use it mostly on weekends with a coat of mascara just for running erands. For work and going out I do full makeup. So this is a good alternative for the lazy days.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ohmygod. This is love <333
This stuff may not have the best coverage, but my skin is dewy and perfect with it. I use a finishing powder over it sometimes, and either way, it's phenomenal. It is very liquidy, but still easy to handle. This is my HG TM. Plus, its organic and cruelty free!

I don't dig that I'm a Light-Medium in most foundation/TM and in this I'm the darkest color available...but w/e. It's still amazing!

on 4/21/2008 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Marketed as Organic, and certainly smells organic (fairly strong herbal scent that fades fast) but I'm sure that most of the ingredients aren't really organic. But, I don't care. I have tried what seems to be a zillion Tinted Moisturizers and so far this is my favorite. Feels light and moisturizing when I put it on, doesn't leave a filmy feel of foundation. Blends wonderfully and covers very well. Doesn't make me look overly shiny or show dry flakes. It looks a bit shiny at first, but sinks into my skin in a few minutes to look natural.

Just right, Goldilocks!

Good price, not a whole lot of shade options, but seems to be fairly forgiving. I'm a medium neutral (MAC NC40ish)- this shade could be just a touch more yellow for my skin, but it's almost perfect. Will repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

My boyfriend went to the US on business recently so I sent him a list of PF makeup to bring back for me as we can't get hold of it very easily in the UK. This wasn't on my list but he bought it as a little extra gift. I was a little put off by all the negative press it seems to have received but I gave it a go anyway and I have to say, I really like it. The smell is very strong (a lavender-y, fresh pine type scent) and I can understand why some people don't like it but I find it very pleasant. I followed the directions on the bottle, shook it very well, then squeezed a little on to the back of my hand. I dotted it all around my face and blended it in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. It immediately started oxidising (darkening slightly) on my skin before I'd even started buffing it in but I found that this didn't effect the end result - it blended evenly and was a great match for me. It sat nicely on my skin without a primer (which is the ultimate test as I have an oily t-zone and many products look streaky and slide off my skin in those areas) and it gave a very light coverage with a slightly dewy finish, exactly what I'm looking for in a tinted moisturiser/BB cream in the summer months. I found that the product started to set quite quickly and felt a little stiff to work with after a time (I like to spend quite a while blending in my base product) but again, I quite liked this as it felt like it wasn't going to slide off or leave an oily finish and it never looked streaky or uneven because of the fast setting time. Once I applied the rest of my makeup, I powdered my face with MAC blot powder, sprayed on a liberal layer of MAC Fix +, waited for that to dry completely then went back over my t-zone with my blot powder - something I always do no matter what base product I'm using. By the end of the day, I had a slight sheen down my t-zone area but that's about normal for me. I guess the wear time was no more or less than I'd expect from a TM and it didn't break me out or cause any irritation. The only possible negative for some is that the shade range can't be that great as this seems to be the darkest in the range and is still quite light. All in all however, a great product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this product, it's seriously so close to being a holy grail tinted moisturizer theres just a few things that don't make it so..

Pros:
-Very moisturizing and gives a beautiful natural dewy look.
-It gives great coverage and it's buildable for more full coverage.
-it's a minty/tea tree/eucalyptus type scent that I actually love.
-It's organic and all natural and I had no negative effects on my skin
-Makes my skin look clear and bright

Cons:
-too liquidy, wish it was thicker consistency
-not long wearing, about 5 hours or so, but I've never tried it with a setting powder.
-not dark enough for my skin =(

Overall I do really love this product, its moisturizing it smells nice, its makes my skin look wonderful, clear and dewy. I just wish there was a darker shade available with more yellow undertones and I would give it 5-lippies. I got it in natural to tan and it's not dark enough. I could use just a shade darker and it would be perfect. Also, from the looks of it, it has pink undertones and I need yellow. I can really only use this in the winter and even then I had to come to terms that it's too light for me, I'd really love to be able to use this as my go-to everyday holy grail tinted moisturizer!! I've actually stopped using it because it's not a good color match. But if I want to brighten my skin, a bit of this would do the trick.

on 1/19/2013 5:54:00 PM

In truth, I was expecting a lot more out of this product but it was overall pretty good :) The coverage wasn't major or anything but it was just enough to cover up redness, not scars though. I actually like the natural, organic, earthy scent. It was nice. The natural to tan was a TAD light for my skin tone though. But, I was able to get away with it once it settled in. It gave me a nice, slightly dewy, finish so my face looked like it glowed! I would definitely recommend it but for now, I want to try something else since this is a little pricey and also because I want a little more coverage. Great organic product, though!

on 4/29/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was two for about eleven dollars at Wallie World. It's too much product for me so I'll probably gift the second one since it may expire before I use it all. I tried it today and it is pretty thin and easy to get in my hairline upon application. It blended easily. I have light skin, but I wanted a tan look, so I got the Natural to Tan. This color looked very natural and gave me a touch more color than I already have. It didn't turn orange or yellow on me which is a plus. It set quickly. It was a bit shiny even after it dried and slightly had that glowy sunblock feel. No problem. I followed it up with my powder bronzer and it toned the shine down. I also used my Clinique concealer under my eyes to hide some of the darkness. By the way, the smell did not bother me at all. It is a bit earthy smell, but if you're used to Burt's Bees and other natural products, you've probably gotten used to the way those products smell - kind of like sticking your nose in the ground. The smell does go away, and I don't notice it after it dries.

I will continue to use this product. It didn't bother my sensitive skin and toned down red areas around my nose and above my chin. The Fair to Light probably would be too light for most light skinned people. I would suggest only the fairest ladies go with the fair to light. It probably wouldn't show up on the average skin tone.