Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT WATER*, ALCOHOL SD (DENATURED WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL)*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL*, LECITHIN (SOYBEAN)*, CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL*, TALC, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER)*, OLEA EURPOAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT UNSAPONIFIABLES, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER, ALGINIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL WHEAT BRAN GLUCOSIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDRATED SILICA, IRON OXIDE, XANTHAN GUM.

on 4/21/2008 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Marketed as Organic, and certainly smells organic (fairly strong herbal scent that fades fast) but I'm sure that most of the ingredients aren't really organic. But, I don't care. I have tried what seems to be a zillion Tinted Moisturizers and so far this is my favorite. Feels light and moisturizing when I put it on, doesn't leave a filmy feel of foundation. Blends wonderfully and covers very well. Doesn't make me look overly shiny or show dry flakes. It looks a bit shiny at first, but sinks into my skin in a few minutes to look natural.

Just right, Goldilocks!

Good price, not a whole lot of shade options, but seems to be fairly forgiving. I'm a medium neutral (MAC NC40ish)- this shade could be just a touch more yellow for my skin, but it's almost perfect. Will repurchase.

on 5/13/2008 11:00:00 PM

Well I got this for free and figured Id try it. Im fair and thought this would have to wait til summer but I tried it anyway. The color is SO sheer so it actually seemed to work out. It is really sheer however does even out my skin nicely. I still dont like how this line of products smell but this is faint and is isnt noticeable after application. My skin looks healthy and with a little concealer seems decent for a D/S tinted moisturizer.

on 7/5/2008 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I was looking to make myself cost less when I purchased this.

Not that cheap......and not impressive.

Made me oil-slicky right away (I am oily but with most moisturizers upon application I look velvety, then within hours shiny).
And wore off after about 3 hours even after splashings of powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This has got to be the WORST TM I have ever tried. I got this mainly because I had never tried "organic" makeup, I needed a TM and Wal-Mart was where I happened to be, and it sounded appealing on the package. What a mistake! It was so sticky I couldn't even spread it on my face! Once I did manage to spread it, it dried to a tacky finish. The coverage was sheer, just what I would expect from a tinted moisturizer, but I just couldn't get past the stickiness! Up for swap it goes!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Just to warn you guys, even the "natural to tan", which is like the darkest one they have, is pretty light. At least, it was for me. I'm not super tan either, and I have asian colored skin. It's probably because I tanned before I used it, but I still would call it more of a medium than tan. There are things I like about this, and things that keep me from purchasing again. The things I like are ...
It has a runny consistency. I LOVE moisturizers that are runny because they are easy to spread and they're just really awesome =) I also like the concept of "natural" ingredients although I don't believe that ALL of this stuff is natural, maybe some. Hey, it's better than some other products out there! I also like how it kinda evens my skin tone out without being too heavy. I'm not a fan of face make up at all, I think naked skin is beautiful haha. But I do have some red spots, and even if I don't care much about them, this just adds a LITTLE light bit of evenness to my skin. Light stuff. Doesn't COVER anything. (which is good for me).

However, there are a few things I should note, or maybe even warn, you guys about...
When people said that this was oily, they weren't lying! I don't know how this would work on people with dry skin, but i don't have oily skin (I have normal skin), and this even made my face oily. Another thing I don't like about this is how dull the color is.. I don't know if anybody has mentioned or noticed this before, but the color seems pretty dull to me rather than a radiant color. It might be because the color doesn't match the undertones of my skin, but on me sometimes I feel it's too dull. It's a good thing I only use a little bit though

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This actually is not that bad. The coverage is actually pretty decent. It does even out my skin tone and helps reduce my redness so I like it. The smell doesn't bother me much. I finish this off with their talc-free mineral face powder and it pairs up well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Actually this stuff is nice enough. Some friend in a beauty forum wrote a good review about this, so i gave this a try. The texture is too watery for my liking, so-so coverage, the shade doesn't match my undertone.
I have asian olive-yellow undertone and i use Natural to Tan, (i thought it has olive/yellow tone) then I found it has more beige in it. I just buff a bit of powder that match my tone and it's still ok for non-make up day with family or lazy sundays. and yes, it made my skin more oily *sigh*.. the strong Lavender smell? hmm finally, it does bother me.
(about the so-so coverage, i might be love this even more when my acne scars all gone, but the question is: WHEN?)
well, 3.5lippies overall

on 12/25/2008 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got this as a gift a few weeks ago. I didn't use it right away since I am picky about moisturizers, but once I started using it, I loved it! It's has a light creamy texture, which is perfect for putting on right out of the shower. It does not make me break out. In fact, my skin's been looking healthier since I've been using this. It give me the right amount of tint, so I don't have to use foundation during the day. The smell doesn't bother me, and it fades very quickly, just about as long as it takes to dry. My skin glows because of this! Plus, I like the fact that it has sun protection in it, SPF 15. This is better than CeraVe (if CeraVe was tinted).

EDIT: Holy crap. I don't know if this is because it was the bottom of the tube or because the season changed, BUT... I have been breaking out soooo bad because of this! And you can see every single pore on my face. I used to LOVE this product, now I won't even think about putting it on my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this a long time ago and i wasn't too impressed. it is an ok product, i am in love with their liquid foundation from the same cosmetic line, but not so much with the tinted moisturizer. the coverage is super sheer so perfect for the natural girl. i think the product is ok for those people that want the slightest coverage and a glow to the face. the tinted moisturizer gave me a glow, but maybe im just not too impressed because i love their foundation so much. i won't buy this again, ill stick to their fabolous liquid foundation.

on 5/31/2009 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love WetnWild TM but I have heard good reviews about this. Although reviews here are not that great, I personally think this is a great product considering quality and ingredients. I am super oily and unlike other people, I did not feel that this made me oilier. It has a pleasant smell and it feels great on my skin. I feel that my skin is well moisturized but not greasy at all. I put some light blush on this and it stays on. It definitely gives a glow. The only complaint is the color. Natural to Tan is medium. It is not remotely close to tan at all. I recommend this to every one-