Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

Filtered by age: 25-29
Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

3.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT WATER*, ALCOHOL SD (DENATURED WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL)*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL*, LECITHIN (SOYBEAN)*, CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL*, TALC, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER)*, OLEA EURPOAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT UNSAPONIFIABLES, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER, ALGINIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL WHEAT BRAN GLUCOSIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDRATED SILICA, IRON OXIDE, XANTHAN GUM.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I've always steered clear of tinted moisturizers because they make my sensitive skin freak out. I picked this up on out-of-season clearance at CVS and thought I'd give it a try this summer. My skin LOVES it and I love getting to wear something so light on these hot days! Wear is pretty good, too!

on 12/8/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

On its own, this tinted moisturizer didn't work that well for me. It was greasy, didn't last long and had a distinct filmy texture when it was on my face. I think it could be really good for dry-normal skin, but didn't work well for my combo-oily skin.

The colour match was not that great either, since even after I buffed it in really well, it still gave me a weird sheen that made me look like 1) it was the wrong colour, and 2) it looked unnatural and didn't soak into my pores. It just looked like it was on top of my skin, instead of really becoming blended like I would expect from a tinted moisturizer.

The main use I have for this tinted moisturizer is mixing it with a foundation or a more pigmented tinted moisturizer (like The Balm tinted moisturizer and NYX HD Studio Foundation). I like the finish it gives when mixed in with another foundation/tinted moisturizer product, since it adds sheen and lightness while the other products have the staying power and the depth in colour.

By itself, I won't use it again. I like the concept behind it, and the price was decent, but it definitely has a strong lavender smell that is very noticeable. It didn't work well for me, and since I have to mix it with other products, I'll pass.

I always recommend The Balm tinted moisturizers because those have been the best I've ever tried (especially for deeper skin tones and oiler skin).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this product, it's seriously so close to being a holy grail tinted moisturizer theres just a few things that don't make it so..

Pros:
-Very moisturizing and gives a beautiful natural dewy look.
-It gives great coverage and it's buildable for more full coverage.
-it's a minty/tea tree/eucalyptus type scent that I actually love.
-It's organic and all natural and I had no negative effects on my skin
-Makes my skin look clear and bright

Cons:
-too liquidy, wish it was thicker consistency
-not long wearing, about 5 hours or so, but I've never tried it with a setting powder.
-not dark enough for my skin =(

Overall I do really love this product, its moisturizing it smells nice, its makes my skin look wonderful, clear and dewy. I just wish there was a darker shade available with more yellow undertones and I would give it 5-lippies. I got it in natural to tan and it's not dark enough. I could use just a shade darker and it would be perfect. Also, from the looks of it, it has pink undertones and I need yellow. I can really only use this in the winter and even then I had to come to terms that it's too light for me, I'd really love to be able to use this as my go-to everyday holy grail tinted moisturizer!! I've actually stopped using it because it's not a good color match. But if I want to brighten my skin, a bit of this would do the trick.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i always wanted to try tinted moisturizers because i dont
like to put on a lot of makeup when i go to school. this gives me a nice glow and look really nice paired with my mineral powder. i love it and will continue to buy more.

I actually really like this product. I've read other reviewers complain that it doesn't provide heavy coverage... but it's not a foundation, it's a moisturizer. It's not supposed to provide anything more than a light tint and a touch of moisture.
Also, some people have commented on the scent. It's fragrance-free, which is something I appreciate since I have sensitive skin. It has a bit of an earthy smell to it, but that quickly fades.

I wrote about this product and other natural moisturizers on my blog...

www.girlygreen.net

on 12/1/2009 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I did not like this product at all. It dried out my skin and was a bit too light for my tan skin. It was kind of thick and hard to apply with fingers so I used a sponge instead but that didn't help much either. An excellent drug store alternative, Cover Girl tinted moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this a long time ago and i wasn't too impressed. it is an ok product, i am in love with their liquid foundation from the same cosmetic line, but not so much with the tinted moisturizer. the coverage is super sheer so perfect for the natural girl. i think the product is ok for those people that want the slightest coverage and a glow to the face. the tinted moisturizer gave me a glow, but maybe im just not too impressed because i love their foundation so much. i won't buy this again, ill stick to their fabolous liquid foundation.

on 5/13/2008 11:00:00 PM

Well I got this for free and figured Id try it. Im fair and thought this would have to wait til summer but I tried it anyway. The color is SO sheer so it actually seemed to work out. It is really sheer however does even out my skin nicely. I still dont like how this line of products smell but this is faint and is isnt noticeable after application. My skin looks healthy and with a little concealer seems decent for a D/S tinted moisturizer.