Lumene Time Freeze Firming Day Cream

Lumene Time Freeze Firming Day Cream

3.4

on 4/10/2016 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a surprisingly emollient moisturizer which sunk in really well and kept my face moist. However, whether it was from the added chemical fragrance or sunscreen, I broke out in cystic welts on my check and chest where I applied below the neck within 24 hours of using this and the night cream.

on 10/7/2015 4:57:00 AM

I am reviewing the "Time freeze day cream SPF15"

The cream is thick but goes on your skin smoothly and has a lovely smell as well. Absorbed within minutes after I put it on and dose not leave a greasy film on your skin. I use this as a primer before I apply foundation. It gives my skin a fresh, plumping effect and make the foundation look less cakey. Haven't notice any effect on my fine line just yet as I am on my 3 weeks on this.

Downside: Packaging - It comes in a jar just like many other cream. Would love if it comes in a squeeze tube.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/1/2015 9:23:00 AM

This review is for the NIGHT cream. It is fantastic. It works! I bought a little trial pot of the Day Cream a few days ago and was impressed at how it was smoothing some areas around my jawline, so I went all in and bought the regular sizes of Night and Day cream. I used the night cream for the first time last night and the difference this morning is really amazing.

UPDATE: Things change. I used this product for a few days, happy with it, then broke out in a horrible rash on the only part of my face exactly where I used it-- my jawline and chin where I see a little jowliness developing. This rash has been bothering me for more than a week and is not lessening. I don't know what else could have caused it and I'll be afraid to use this product again, if this rash ever goes away!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I believe this entire line has, sadly, been discontinued. I love the oil cleanser that goes with this line and I bought a three-piece kit of the Time Freeze Firming Day Cream, the toner and the oil cleanser off of Ebay to get my hands on my precious cleansing oil. I use the day cream after I work out in the pool and sit in the sauna, then take a hot shower. By that time my facial skin can use a little moisture and this does a good job of adding a little moisture without feeling greasy. I only have a small jar of it but it will probably last me a long time because I only use it at the gym.

on 12/17/2013 1:06:00 PM

My Review is for the night cream- I bought a tub of it from CVS after a coworker recommended it to me. I don't use it all over my face, because it is not noncomedogenic and I tend to break out very easily. I use a small amount, only around my eyes. Other than moisturizing and giving a cooling effect, I cant really say I have noticed any kind of a difference. I have dry eyelids during the winter so it has helped with that. Overall okay product, I will probably purchase again.

on 5/20/2013 10:47:00 AM

I am a 52 year old woman with bad under eye puffiness and deep wrinkles. I have tried many products and none of them have helped like this "Lumene Time Freeze" firming day cream has. It was like a miracle sent from heaven from the very first time I used it. It not only filled in my wrinkles, but also reduced the puffiness. I use it in the morning and right before retiring for the night. Wow, what a difference! I am soooooo happy with this product! Like so many good products on the market, they seem to disappear after a short time on the shelf. Please don't stop making this product!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

@ domokun_nyc and zetaflickan -- no product is for everyone, but the residue you find coming off your skin after a few minutes following application of this product is actually your dead skin cells sloughing off. Some might be bothered by this, but this process actually increases your collagen production by allowing new skin cells to generate. It may seem weird at first, but don't be alarmed. I've used a few other products in the past that have done this; some with retinol, some without. Lumene Time Freeze is one of these. just an FYI... thanks.

on 3/20/2012 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually purchased this a year ago, found it way too heavy and oily and set it aside. My skin changed a bit in the interim (hooray aging). Tried it again a few weeks ago because my skin was going through a dry spell. I use this as a night cream. My skin just isn't that dry. The cream is a bit sticky on the skin - but the next morning my skin looks clearer. Wrinkles still there, but small zits and mild blotchiness are gone. Not enough of a miracle worker to purchase again, but works well enough to finish the jar.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okay, let me preface by saying that this review is actually for the Lumene Time Freeze Firming NIGHT Cream, not DAY. Also, I am reviewing the sample size, which is .5 oz in a small jar.

I use this cream not as it is intended, which is as a night cream, but as a nighttime eye cream instead. Since it is a little heavy and very moisturizing, I figured it would make a nice eye cream to complement my lighter Cera Ve Night Lotion. It works wonderfully! I am 30 years old with no wrinkles and very fine lines under my eyes, and this cream soaks in and leaves a luminous non greasy glow around my eye area. It is very lightly scented too, which is refreshing since so many skin products these days are heavily scented.

The best part of all? The .5 oz sample size is the perfect amount for an eye cream and costs $1.99 at CVS. I am certain that if Lumene marketed this product as an eye cream they would charge $20 for the same amount. I think oftentimes eye creams that cost more than facial creams are probably the same, if not very similar ingredients anyways.

So, if you are looking for intense hydrating around your eyes and plan to wear this at night, I would recommend it. I would not, however, recommend it for day as it does not contain sunscreen and is rather heavy, so eye makeup would likely slide.

Thank goodness I only paid for the small sample size because this stuff is terrible. The smell is very chemical-y or plastic-y. About half hour after applying (without anything - moisturizers or makeup layered over it) I touched my face and little dried up bits were rolling off. It felt like I had eraser shavings all over my face. I like a number of other Lumene products, but this one is not good.