La Prairie Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Straight
La Prairie Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15
LP Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15

2.4

Active: Octinoxate (7.5%) Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat.), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Nylon-12, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil Unsaponifiables, Ilomastat, Ursolic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Plankton Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Carnosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil Unsaponifiables, Algin, Hydrolyzed Malt Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Pollen Extract, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Magnesium Sulfate, Squalane, Dipropylene Glycol, Trihydroxystearin, Serine, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG-8, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Phosphate, Sucrose, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fragrance, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Background: The primary reason prompting my trial assessment of the La Prairie Anti-Aging SPF 15 #100 makeup is that I used Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 makeup solely for over fifteen (15) plus years and unfortunately Sisley discontinued the makeup thereby resulting in my new superseding makeup quest for a suitable alternative makeup product. Unfortunately, the new superseding Sisley makeup doesn't coincide with/meet my makeup color requirements.

Context: To be fair and balanced the temperature in San Diego, CA reached an unseasonably warm 97 degrees F yesterday with low relative humidity. Facetiously, while I don't plan on visiting Dhahran, Saudi Arabia again soon on the Red Sea where the temperatures can hover around 128 degrees F plus very high humidity especially during the summertime, e.g., and where every memorable haunting breathtaking breath makes one feel like a fire-breathing Chimaera, I do realistically believe that this relatively pricey makeup should hold-up better than it did during my trial assessment yesterday in San Diego. Why?

Results: The La Prairie 100 makeup is too rich/too greasy during the day. The color of the makeup developed an unsatisfactory yellow cast as the day wore on. [It's my understanding, however, that some makeup firms sometimes do add yellow pigmentation to their products to tone-down/neutralize the red colors on the face and other exposed skin areas.] I was constantly touching-up and blotting my face too much despite the fact that I had originally set the makeup with a fine loose powder. Inexplicably and unacceptably the color of the makeup changed color from the top of my face versus the bottom of my face! I relish high end two-toned shoes, but I have an insuperable aversion to having a two-toned face! Really! I've only encountered this type of anomaly on one other occasion with another makeup in over a half-century of foundation use. In addition, there was a considerable amount of transference associated with the La Prairie makeup that was very disappointing especially considering the historically very fine overall reputation of all the La Prairie products.

Bottom line: Some readers may erroneously feel that the foregoing is an unfair or overly-critical assessment. Conversely, I can assure everyone that during my fifteen (15) + years of use of the Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 makeup, e.g., at no time did it ever exhibit such unsatisfactory makeup/foundation characteristics/results.

Jutta Hermine Hildegard Harden

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite foundation has been La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation and Concealer in Beige. I love this foundation. The problem is that I don't love the concealer. It is thick and heavy. When I use it under my eyes, my mascara always leaves marks. I think because it stays so wet. In May when I was ready to replace that foundation, I had a hard time paying $180 when I didn't love that concealer. The foundation lasted for 8 or 9 months -- I still have a little left. I bought Inglot Young Skin Makeup in Las Vegas and promptly returned my unopened LP. I have been using YSM foundation for the last 6 months. It was $16 and definitely worth a try. I have to say that I don't love it for my skin. At first I did, but I think my skin is a little dry for that particular formula. And, it goes on a little too matte looking. It was fine at first, but as the hot season dies down, I am not liking the finish as much. Dewier looks better on me. So, I got a call from LP this last week asking me if I wanted to come in for a Trend Fashion show. I talked to the sales person and ended up going in to try this foundation. She was able to match me to Shade 500. She put 300, 400, and 500 on my skin, and this color seemed to disappear. The shade is a really good match for my face (but my neck is lighter and more yellow), and one squirt covers my whole face. I would say it is a medium to full coverage -- leaning toward full. It is much lighter in texture than my beloved caviar foundation, and so far, I like it. I also like that the foundations have treatments in them and seem to calm my skin. I have to say that I don't love the price of LP products though. If things change, I"ll update this review.
UPDATE: I returned all of the LP products I bought because I kept getting little pimples. When I talked to the SA, she said that I should keep them for a couple of weeks because her skin breaks out with new products. I started getting cystic acne around my chin areas, and back they products went.

Not a very good foundation. I think it sums it up pretty well. First, it doesn't blend into skin, it actually exaggerates pores, lines, dryness. Second, it turns oily after ~3-4 hours and then melts of completely. Skin is left a bit sticky after application too. Well, I wanted to love it, since #300 looked nice on me and it's La Prairie (sounds posh, but to be honest, mostly disappointing), but I can't stand the texture and formula of it and.

on 1/6/2010 12:21:00 PM

I bought this on a whim just because I'm a foundation junkie and have MAJOR buyer's remorse. I have shade 200 which is not a good match for me but I take the blame for that. This stuff seems to separate and settle into my pores in addtion to turning my face into a greaseball. It also gives me a weird, muddy coverage. Nice. I really, really hate it. I have tried every method of application, Shu brush, beautyblender and hands and have the same results. In my opinion, save your bucks. You could probably do better with a drugstore brand.

on 5/6/2009 1:39:00 AM

It is just OK for the price. The color 200 it's a little light but blends in a good color match for me, it has light-medium coverage and it looks kind of dull. Nothing special.