La Prairie Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Other
La Prairie Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15
LP Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15

2.6

Active: Octinoxate (7.5%) Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat.), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Nylon-12, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil Unsaponifiables, Ilomastat, Ursolic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Plankton Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Carnosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil Unsaponifiables, Algin, Hydrolyzed Malt Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Pollen Extract, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Magnesium Sulfate, Squalane, Dipropylene Glycol, Trihydroxystearin, Serine, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG-8, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Phosphate, Sucrose, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fragrance, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides

on 11/10/2014 12:48:00 PM

I would like to begin this review by saying that I have tried most liquid foundation by La Prairie and purchased the following 3 over the years. Cellular Treatment Foundation Sation, Skin Caviar Foundation and the Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15. I have to say this foundation is by far one of the worst foundation I have ever tried. I cannot stand the smell, the texture, the feel and the look when I'm waering this foundation. It has a weird consistency. Once applied, it feeld like you have "mud" on your face. It does not give any radiance as the Cellular Treatment or the Skin Caviar foundations do. It just sits on your skin, making it apparent that you are waering foundation. It's also quite heavy as far as the coverage is concerned, which in not necessarily a good thing. Another point I would like to mention is that it contains way too many harsh ingredients, such as Alcohol Denat. (pretty high on the list). The formula is not skin-friendly at all. The discontinued Cellular Treatment Satin foundation was by far superior to this in so many ways. It contained very few but excellent ingredients and made your skin looking absolutely fresh and radiant. I am seriously exasperated that La Prairie keeps discontinuing their classic products, such as their De-Agers Serums, including the C-Energy Serum. I find that the newer products do not contain the same ingredients as in the past. The White Caviar line for instance is a waste of money. The Eye serums contains way to much alcohol, which dried out my delicate eye area. Also it contains glitter that imparts the illusion of good skin, which I hate so much. Glitter should not be a part of skin care but rather make-up. I am so disappointed that I will only use their classic formulas (like the blue caviar line). I'm really fed up that almost ALL of my favorite products have been replaced by formulations that are not skin-friendly nor potent as they used to be. Most of their newer products are outragiously overprived for what they are. And no, I'm not saying this because I'm poor. Actually, I used to love La Prairie and bought a lot of products from them because they worked but not anymore. It makes me so sad that La Prairie obviously changed their philosophy. I have the feeling that the newer formulations/products are manufactured specifically for newly-rich people, predominantly from Russia (no offence), who will buy anything that's super-expensive, believing that this makes it ultra-exclusive and good for your skin BUT a look at their ingredients list will tell you, they are not. As I said, I used to love their classic formulas but I will not buy anything from their "latest" technologies anymore because they are full of crap for the most part.

on 5/24/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product comes with nice packaging, but the color range is awful, not a good match for normal skin tones, either too pink or too yellowy. Also, steer well clear if your skin type is oily, as it has poor staying power, and your face will feel and appear shiny all day long, even after application of primers and powders. Overall, this product is not worth its high price tag.

on 10/1/2010 1:06:00 AM

I am sorry I had to delete my previous review for this as it was getting too messy. Too many updates.
After over a year of using this on and off I came to realize that it is the best foundation I have used over the years. Not a HG though!
This liquid foundation comes in a pump bottle. It gives me a satin finish but after a while I look a little shiny.
Coverage can be anywhere from sheer to medium.
I love this mixed with my moisturizer. It comes out as the best tinted moisturizer. I use shade #700 which is darker and more orange than my skin but my facialist adviced me to mix it with the #100 which is the lightest shade and I get the prefect colour!!
What I like about this foundation is that is looks natural on me and gives radiance.
I have combination acne prone skin. ( acne only on chin) This does not break me out and it does hide well.
I am a light olive with yellow undertones.
I wear By Terry light expert in Vanilla light
By Terry lumiere in Sunny beige
Estee Lauder maximum coverage in Med deep
GA LSF in 5.5
Laura Mercier silk creme in sand beige
GA face fabric in #3... I prefer it mixed with #4 for warmth.
LP cellular powder in Sunlit beige.
LP caviar in honey beige. The absolute best foundation but it breaks me me out!!

Only gripe about this brand is the colour selection.

on 6/2/2010 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is not such a good foundation. +: stays whole day long on the skin, good quality of pigments, convienent packeging,... That's about it. -: colors are wierd and not flattering, I would even pick out the word dull, not natural because of color and too extended coverage, makes me older, a bit sticky!
I went back to my beloved HR prodigy which I have ordered online. I've ordered immediately three bottles. I haved used it again since one week and realised again that HR can't be beaten. I've tested the new v-sculpor foundation and I also liked that. If you want natural beautiful skin which is radiant this LP is certainly not would you need!

on 1/21/2009 6:58:00 PM

I toured Bloomie's 59's make-up floor and sampled every high-end foundation that there was in my tone and formulated for my needs. This is the one I ended up with. I like the color (I have the lightest), the coverage, and the texture. This product seems to have a kind of stretch -- it won't break up and settle in to your lines, old pits and scars (I'm talking very shallow ones, but still) during normal wear.The added benefit is the SPF 15, which means one fewer product for travel. I only gave it 4 lippies, because it's not perfect. But maybe the next reformulation will be.