La Prairie Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Normal
La Prairie Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15
LP Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15

2.0

Active: Octinoxate (7.5%) Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat.), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Nylon-12, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil Unsaponifiables, Ilomastat, Ursolic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Plankton Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Carnosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil Unsaponifiables, Algin, Hydrolyzed Malt Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Pollen Extract, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Magnesium Sulfate, Squalane, Dipropylene Glycol, Trihydroxystearin, Serine, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG-8, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Phosphate, Sucrose, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fragrance, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Background: The primary reason prompting my trial assessment of the La Prairie Anti-Aging SPF 15 #100 makeup is that I used Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 makeup solely for over fifteen (15) plus years and unfortunately Sisley discontinued the makeup thereby resulting in my new superseding makeup quest for a suitable alternative makeup product. Unfortunately, the new superseding Sisley makeup doesn't coincide with/meet my makeup color requirements.

Context: To be fair and balanced the temperature in San Diego, CA reached an unseasonably warm 97 degrees F yesterday with low relative humidity. Facetiously, while I don't plan on visiting Dhahran, Saudi Arabia again soon on the Red Sea where the temperatures can hover around 128 degrees F plus very high humidity especially during the summertime, e.g., and where every memorable haunting breathtaking breath makes one feel like a fire-breathing Chimaera, I do realistically believe that this relatively pricey makeup should hold-up better than it did during my trial assessment yesterday in San Diego. Why?

Results: The La Prairie 100 makeup is too rich/too greasy during the day. The color of the makeup developed an unsatisfactory yellow cast as the day wore on. [It's my understanding, however, that some makeup firms sometimes do add yellow pigmentation to their products to tone-down/neutralize the red colors on the face and other exposed skin areas.] I was constantly touching-up and blotting my face too much despite the fact that I had originally set the makeup with a fine loose powder. Inexplicably and unacceptably the color of the makeup changed color from the top of my face versus the bottom of my face! I relish high end two-toned shoes, but I have an insuperable aversion to having a two-toned face! Really! I've only encountered this type of anomaly on one other occasion with another makeup in over a half-century of foundation use. In addition, there was a considerable amount of transference associated with the La Prairie makeup that was very disappointing especially considering the historically very fine overall reputation of all the La Prairie products.

Bottom line: Some readers may erroneously feel that the foregoing is an unfair or overly-critical assessment. Conversely, I can assure everyone that during my fifteen (15) + years of use of the Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 makeup, e.g., at no time did it ever exhibit such unsatisfactory makeup/foundation characteristics/results.

Jutta Hermine Hildegard Harden

on 12/5/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This looked nice on my skin but I didn't like the way it felt. From the moment I put it on, my face felt tight. By the end of the day I was starting to itch. One look at the ingredients list explains why: huge amount of Alcohol! And they call this anti-aging.....huh!

on 12/9/2012 9:55:00 AM

I bought this La Prairie foundation because it is almost half the price of the Cellular Skin Caviar Foundation. Granted the Skin Caviar foundation does come with a full size concealer in the cap, and this does not.

I find this too have less radiance than the Caviar Foundation. The coverage is medium to full. The color choices are very limited. I have #200 and its a bit too dark for me. For reference I wear Caviar Foundation in Ivory or Creme Peach (both work), La Mer in Porcelain, BB in Ivory, Shiseido O20.

I would not re buy this product. I prefer the LaMer Porcelain, or Cellular Caviar Foundation because it gives a better glow and it's a better color match.

on 6/2/2010 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is not such a good foundation. +: stays whole day long on the skin, good quality of pigments, convienent packeging,... That's about it. -: colors are wierd and not flattering, I would even pick out the word dull, not natural because of color and too extended coverage, makes me older, a bit sticky!
I went back to my beloved HR prodigy which I have ordered online. I've ordered immediately three bottles. I haved used it again since one week and realised again that HR can't be beaten. I've tested the new v-sculpor foundation and I also liked that. If you want natural beautiful skin which is radiant this LP is certainly not would you need!