La Prairie Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15

La Prairie Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15
LP Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15

3.3

Active: Octinoxate (7.5%) Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat.), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Nylon-12, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil Unsaponifiables, Ilomastat, Ursolic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Plankton Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Carnosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil Unsaponifiables, Algin, Hydrolyzed Malt Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Pollen Extract, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Magnesium Sulfate, Squalane, Dipropylene Glycol, Trihydroxystearin, Serine, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG-8, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Phosphate, Sucrose, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fragrance, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Background: The primary reason prompting my trial assessment of the La Prairie Anti-Aging SPF 15 #100 makeup is that I used Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 makeup solely for over fifteen (15) plus years and unfortunately Sisley discontinued the makeup thereby resulting in my new superseding makeup quest for a suitable alternative makeup product. Unfortunately, the new superseding Sisley makeup doesn't coincide with/meet my makeup color requirements.

Context: To be fair and balanced the temperature in San Diego, CA reached an unseasonably warm 97 degrees F yesterday with low relative humidity. Facetiously, while I don't plan on visiting Dhahran, Saudi Arabia again soon on the Red Sea where the temperatures can hover around 128 degrees F plus very high humidity especially during the summertime, e.g., and where every memorable haunting breathtaking breath makes one feel like a fire-breathing Chimaera, I do realistically believe that this relatively pricey makeup should hold-up better than it did during my trial assessment yesterday in San Diego. Why?

Results: The La Prairie 100 makeup is too rich/too greasy during the day. The color of the makeup developed an unsatisfactory yellow cast as the day wore on. [It's my understanding, however, that some makeup firms sometimes do add yellow pigmentation to their products to tone-down/neutralize the red colors on the face and other exposed skin areas.] I was constantly touching-up and blotting my face too much despite the fact that I had originally set the makeup with a fine loose powder. Inexplicably and unacceptably the color of the makeup changed color from the top of my face versus the bottom of my face! I relish high end two-toned shoes, but I have an insuperable aversion to having a two-toned face! Really! I've only encountered this type of anomaly on one other occasion with another makeup in over a half-century of foundation use. In addition, there was a considerable amount of transference associated with the La Prairie makeup that was very disappointing especially considering the historically very fine overall reputation of all the La Prairie products.

Bottom line: Some readers may erroneously feel that the foregoing is an unfair or overly-critical assessment. Conversely, I can assure everyone that during my fifteen (15) + years of use of the Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 makeup, e.g., at no time did it ever exhibit such unsatisfactory makeup/foundation characteristics/results.

Jutta Hermine Hildegard Harden

on 11/10/2014 12:48:00 PM

I would like to begin this review by saying that I have tried most liquid foundation by La Prairie and purchased the following 3 over the years. Cellular Treatment Foundation Sation, Skin Caviar Foundation and the Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15. I have to say this foundation is by far one of the worst foundation I have ever tried. I cannot stand the smell, the texture, the feel and the look when I'm waering this foundation. It has a weird consistency. Once applied, it feeld like you have "mud" on your face. It does not give any radiance as the Cellular Treatment or the Skin Caviar foundations do. It just sits on your skin, making it apparent that you are waering foundation. It's also quite heavy as far as the coverage is concerned, which in not necessarily a good thing. Another point I would like to mention is that it contains way too many harsh ingredients, such as Alcohol Denat. (pretty high on the list). The formula is not skin-friendly at all. The discontinued Cellular Treatment Satin foundation was by far superior to this in so many ways. It contained very few but excellent ingredients and made your skin looking absolutely fresh and radiant. I am seriously exasperated that La Prairie keeps discontinuing their classic products, such as their De-Agers Serums, including the C-Energy Serum. I find that the newer products do not contain the same ingredients as in the past. The White Caviar line for instance is a waste of money. The Eye serums contains way to much alcohol, which dried out my delicate eye area. Also it contains glitter that imparts the illusion of good skin, which I hate so much. Glitter should not be a part of skin care but rather make-up. I am so disappointed that I will only use their classic formulas (like the blue caviar line). I'm really fed up that almost ALL of my favorite products have been replaced by formulations that are not skin-friendly nor potent as they used to be. Most of their newer products are outragiously overprived for what they are. And no, I'm not saying this because I'm poor. Actually, I used to love La Prairie and bought a lot of products from them because they worked but not anymore. It makes me so sad that La Prairie obviously changed their philosophy. I have the feeling that the newer formulations/products are manufactured specifically for newly-rich people, predominantly from Russia (no offence), who will buy anything that's super-expensive, believing that this makes it ultra-exclusive and good for your skin BUT a look at their ingredients list will tell you, they are not. As I said, I used to love their classic formulas but I will not buy anything from their "latest" technologies anymore because they are full of crap for the most part.

on 1/6/2010 12:21:00 PM

I bought this on a whim just because I'm a foundation junkie and have MAJOR buyer's remorse. I have shade 200 which is not a good match for me but I take the blame for that. This stuff seems to separate and settle into my pores in addtion to turning my face into a greaseball. It also gives me a weird, muddy coverage. Nice. I really, really hate it. I have tried every method of application, Shu brush, beautyblender and hands and have the same results. In my opinion, save your bucks. You could probably do better with a drugstore brand.

on 12/5/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This looked nice on my skin but I didn't like the way it felt. From the moment I put it on, my face felt tight. By the end of the day I was starting to itch. One look at the ingredients list explains why: huge amount of Alcohol! And they call this anti-aging.....huh!

Firstly let me emphasise that I tried really hard to like this product..but my experience with this foundation was not so satisfying. My skin type is dehydrated/sensitive/oily t zone.
The lady over the counter won me over with all the skin benefits of this foundation skin care fusion..plus it looked quite dewy on initial application at the counter on half my face :/

After purchasing it..I tested it for a month..everyday. £79 at department stores house of fraser/selfridges/John Lewis

Pros-
-Nice dispensing bottle.looks luxe if your into the gimmicks
-On application glides well..quite light and your face doesn't feel to heavy it's MATTE finish
-Ok shade selection.
-has not broken me out and suitable for sensitive skin

Cons-
-Price..a bit too far fetched..especially if you want great results
-As mentioned before matte finish...but boy does accentuate all the nooks and crannies..I don't have wrinkles or fine lines...but they somehow developed upon this application..not cool
-after it's matte finish wears off aprox 6hours you get a dewy look and a sticky feel
-I promise I have noticed no skin benefits/changes on my skin
-slides off after 6hours...so you would have to reapply after your mornings makeup if your going out in the evening

I'm one to spend a bob or two for the right product, but feel with this product given its price does no justice. In fact..the benefit wow oxygenating foundation £28 feels more luxe on the skin with the added dewyness later throughout the day. I'm not plugging benefit products nor am I their sales person I'm just a self confessed beauty junkie who has a medical background and a special interest in dermatology.
Hope this has been helpful

on 5/24/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product comes with nice packaging, but the color range is awful, not a good match for normal skin tones, either too pink or too yellowy. Also, steer well clear if your skin type is oily, as it has poor staying power, and your face will feel and appear shiny all day long, even after application of primers and powders. Overall, this product is not worth its high price tag.

on 6/2/2010 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is not such a good foundation. +: stays whole day long on the skin, good quality of pigments, convienent packeging,... That's about it. -: colors are wierd and not flattering, I would even pick out the word dull, not natural because of color and too extended coverage, makes me older, a bit sticky!
I went back to my beloved HR prodigy which I have ordered online. I've ordered immediately three bottles. I haved used it again since one week and realised again that HR can't be beaten. I've tested the new v-sculpor foundation and I also liked that. If you want natural beautiful skin which is radiant this LP is certainly not would you need!

on 12/30/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hi there looking for some help on here,i have being using creme de lemer fluid tint which i loved now discontinued,thinking off buying moisture tint in La Prairie can anyone on here advise on this product thank you for your help .Maria

on 12/9/2012 9:55:00 AM

I bought this La Prairie foundation because it is almost half the price of the Cellular Skin Caviar Foundation. Granted the Skin Caviar foundation does come with a full size concealer in the cap, and this does not.

I find this too have less radiance than the Caviar Foundation. The coverage is medium to full. The color choices are very limited. I have #200 and its a bit too dark for me. For reference I wear Caviar Foundation in Ivory or Creme Peach (both work), La Mer in Porcelain, BB in Ivory, Shiseido O20.

I would not re buy this product. I prefer the LaMer Porcelain, or Cellular Caviar Foundation because it gives a better glow and it's a better color match.

on 10/29/2012 5:56:00 PM

As I am a huge fan of La Prairie caviar cream foundation I decieded to try out this one as it was half of the price. Ok, maybe it is ok foundation but after LP cream one it is JUST OK foundation. What I hated the most, it is very hard to blend, and it is VERY, VERY CAKEY! and it has this dry feeling even I have an oily skin. And the smell is just so chemical. Actually nothing good to say about this foundation. I would NOT recommend it!