Coastal Scents Brushes

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Overall, I've been very pleased with CS brushes. Their line of synthetic face brushes are some of the best brushes I've ever owned. They're insanely soft, far softer than any of my other brushes, higher end or not. They're strudy and good quality, too. They've stood up to many washings, and have never shed, though they do take a while to dry. If you're going to try any of the CS brushes, I definitely recommend the synthetic line, you will not be disappointed.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

ETA over 3 years later: I've ordered a handful more brushes from Coastal Scents, mostly small inexpensive eye and brow brushes. I've been happy with all of those but I don't feel that any of them are outstanding. Mostly, if I pay attention to the reviews, I end up with brushes that are comparable to e.l.f. quality. So I only order brushes from Coastal Scents if e.l.f. doesn't carry a similar brush where I can get it locally, and only brushes around that price point.

For the million and one kinds of small eye and detail brushes that come in so many different shapes, Coastal Scents is probably a good resource. Preference with those brushes is so particular that for nonprofessionals it makes sense to try them out cheaply and then maybe later invest in a very good brush of the type we prefer. My customer service experiences with them have always been good and shipping is quick and reasonably priced. Upping my rating from 2 to 3, but if I were focusing on just the small inexpensive brushes, it would probably be a 4.

ORIGINAL: I ordered the "Pink Deluxe Travel Set". I was pretty happy with them at first, for the price, but man did they deteriorate fast. I didn't even use them every day (went whole months without wearing makeup in fact), took tender care of them, and a year later they're still all beat to crap. They're scratchy now, have stray hairs poking out every which way, shed, and have lost their spring and density.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I can't count how many brushes I've purchased from Coastal Scents. I have some Italian Badgers, some synthetic fiber brushes and some of the regular hair brushes. Their pricing is excellent. With the exception of the duo fiber stippling brush (sheds like crazy) I haven't been disappointed yet.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Complete rave for these brushes. I have a couple of MAC brushes and these compare and stand up well to those. These are amazing brushes at a completely affordable price. They come packaged nicely in colorful tissue and with a free sample. Brushes are soft, don't have many loose hairs, and perform well.

LOVE THESE!

EDIT 6/07/08

II've been using coastalscents brushes for about 3 months I think, and here are my thoughts on the brushes I have:

PINK KABUKI: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=999&ParentCat=37

Great price for an amazing little brush. I use it to apply MSF, my Studio Fix Powder Foundation, and buff out make-up. I've also used it to apply foundation. This brush shed a little when I first got it, and sometimes leaves a stray hair or two. The bristles also came loose from the ferrule... I guess it wasn't glued in right, you just have to pop it back in - its ok. I did contact their customer service twice about this problem & they never got back to me.

ANGLE BLUSH BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=894&ParentCat=37
Just recently got this one, I really like it because I find regular sized blush brushes to be a wee bit big for my face. This is a smaller size too - with out a long handle, so it is nice to get up close to the mirror. I like it!

BLENDING BRUSH:http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=965&ParentCat=37
This brush is ok for blending, for the price it is great. I've also used this just to put a wash of color over my lid. This isn't a must have for me. But for the price - why not?

CHISEL FLUFF LARGE E/S BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=965&ParentCat=37
Same as the above - ok brush, not the greatest but not the worst either. Good starter brush.

DELUXE BUFFER BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=793&ParentCat=37
I was really hoping for a great brush with this one, esp. from some of the reviews on their site... but this brush sheds like a dog in the middle of summer in the desert! No kidding. I have washed it several times and it just wont stop. I'm sad :( I really wanted it to be a good brush. NOT RECOMMENDED

FLAWLESS FACE CHISEL BLUSH BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=860&ParentCat=37
Same as the angle blush brush, this is a great small brush that works great for applying blush right into the apples of my cheeks. I like this a lot!

ITALIAN BADGER CHISLE FLUFF BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore ... rentCat=37[/img]
I've found this brush great for blending, and much better than the so called blending brush that I mentioned above. Very soft! This one is definitely RECOMMENDED!

ITALIAN BADGER ROUND CREASE BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1431&ParentCat=37
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this brush... so soft!! It works great in the crease, and I use it in the outer V too. RECOMMENDED!

RETRACTABLE DELUXE BLACK KABUKI: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1429&ParentCat=37
Good brush for the purse. Not as great as the pink one, but a good price for this kind of brush.

PINK DUO FIBER POWDER STIPPLER: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1442&ParentCat=37
LOVE, LOVE. LOVE this brush! It's so soft -- and versatile! I use it for both powder and cream blush, for stippling with fix+, and for applying foundation. Can't say enough -- just get it! RECOMMENDED!

The other brush I have that I no longer see on their site is the huge big fluffy paddle brush, the one that is comparable to MAC 150. I LOVE this brush also - it is so soft, and so beautiful to softly apply powders and MSF. LOVE IT! If you see it back on their site, grab it when you can! RECOMMENDED!

Popular Makeup Brushes