Coastal Scents Brushes

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just had to leave a review for the only CS brush I own. It is the Italian Badger blush brush - no longer available :( I bought it at least 6 years ago and after daily use and weekly cleanings it has never shed a hair and the ferrel is still as sturdy as ever. What a well made brush!! The only signs of aging it has after all this time is that it has lost some softness. I just can't believe how well it's held up! It's held up the same as my Mac brushes. I definitely plan on purchasing more CS brushes now, I hope they are all similar quality.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

ETA over 3 years later: I've ordered a handful more brushes from Coastal Scents, mostly small inexpensive eye and brow brushes. I've been happy with all of those but I don't feel that any of them are outstanding. Mostly, if I pay attention to the reviews, I end up with brushes that are comparable to e.l.f. quality. So I only order brushes from Coastal Scents if e.l.f. doesn't carry a similar brush where I can get it locally, and only brushes around that price point.

For the million and one kinds of small eye and detail brushes that come in so many different shapes, Coastal Scents is probably a good resource. Preference with those brushes is so particular that for nonprofessionals it makes sense to try them out cheaply and then maybe later invest in a very good brush of the type we prefer. My customer service experiences with them have always been good and shipping is quick and reasonably priced. Upping my rating from 2 to 3, but if I were focusing on just the small inexpensive brushes, it would probably be a 4.

ORIGINAL: I ordered the "Pink Deluxe Travel Set". I was pretty happy with them at first, for the price, but man did they deteriorate fast. I didn't even use them every day (went whole months without wearing makeup in fact), took tender care of them, and a year later they're still all beat to crap. They're scratchy now, have stray hairs poking out every which way, shed, and have lost their spring and density.

Popular Makeup Brushes