Coastal Scents Brushes

Filtered by skin type : Oily

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't had my brush set from them for very long but so far I've had no shedding(I use on a daily basis) and they pick up and put on the right amount of makeup for me

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, am I the only one who thinks these brushes are crap?
I was one of the many that was sucked in to buying some brushes from Coastal Scents after watching some of my favorite youtube makeup gurus rave about these. I ordered a pink kabuki, a pink powder brush, a pink angled blush brush, a pink angled eyeliner brush, a pink flat top buffer brush, and a foundation brush. The truth is, most of them were garbage.

The foundation brush was super huge and soaked up 80% of the foundation I tried to apply with it. It was very hard to get all the foundation out of it when I was washing it the next day. It didn't even apply the foundation well - it went on looking streaky, too thin, and uneven.
The powder brush is NOT SOFT at all. It does an okay job of brushing on some powder to set your foundation, but other than that it is worthless. It sheds a little, but I don't like to use it because it is so prickly.
The buffer brush was the best of the bunch - at first. It was soft and smooth and did a good job of applying bronzer and whatnot. (Even though it arrived with a GOD-AWFUL smell that I was never to get out) BUT, after about 5 washes, the top part came right off. Now this brush is in 2 peices.
The kabuki brush worked good at first, but after a couple of washes it became waayy too dense. It was just a little soft, but still not as soft as I'd like.
The pink angled blush brush - where do I begin? First of all, when I washed it, my hands literally became tinted gray for a day because the dye bled soo much. Every time I wash it, I wind up with a LOT of dye bleeding out. My whole sink turns gray and the suds are literally BLACK. The hairs on this brush are not as dense as I'd like, and the ends frayed a little too.
The pink angled eyeliner brush is the only good one of the bunch - it does a great job of appling my gel liner.
So overall, I definitely won't get tricked into buying any more crap from coastal scents in the future (except maybe to pick up a new eyeliner brush). I was very unsatisfied with these brushes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought the pony hair flat top buffer/bronzer brush and i use it to apply my EM fdtn. i LOVE this brush! it is so so so soft, the bristles are very dense, the cut of the brush is almost perfectly even and very little shedding and i have not washed it yet. i will order a few more of their brushes because you honestly cannot beat the prices. perhaps when i make more money i can invest in all MAC brushes but these are perfect for the time being.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I heard about these etailer brusher through EnKore's video on youtube. While I was a little hesitant to buy any soley on one person's recommendation, I did end up buying some because for the price I didn't think I had anything to lose. I bought the pink duo stippling brush, the badger concealer brush and some pink eye brushes. For one the prices are fabulous! While I wouldn't say these are THE best brushes I've ever used they are darn close. The 187 dupe isn't exactly the same and while I can't use it for foundation because it's not as firm, it's great for blush. The eye brushes are wonderful imo. They blend well and are really really soft which I love. I would recommend these brushes simply because they are a great price and have a wide variety of choices to pick from. They make for great everyday brushes or as a supplement to brushes you already have. They would also make a great travel set (since it wouldn't cost as much to replace in case they got lost)

Popular Makeup Brushes