Coastal Scents Brushes

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is pertaining to a brush set that I purchased from them a while back. A set that is no longer sold or listed on their website. The set came with 12 brushes and a leather roll up holder, which was nice.

The bristles on the face brushes are white, dyed orange at the tips and are on long, black handles. I really like the eye and the one lip brush that came with this. The eye brushes don't pick up loose colors that well, but they work great for everything else. The face brushes are ok too after I used them for a while.

I HATED these brushes when I first got them. The chemical smell comming off of them was overpowering. It made my stomach turn. I couldn't use them for acouple days. I washed them and deodorized them for HOURS and nothing worked. It was THAT bad. The water I washed my brushes in was orange for the longest time too. That and the awful smell has stopped though.

The eye brushes are super soft and I believe synthetic, where the face brushes feel like real hair. The bristles are a tan color, gradually getting darker towards the tips. The two face ones I got remind me of ELF's brushes, but denser.

I have had problems with all of my brush heads comming off. I am sure all of them have been glued back on at some point in time, which is ok. It happens.

Now that I have had them a while they work well. My impression of these at first was just awful. I honestly won't even bother trying any of their other brushes because of it.

I love Costal Scents brushes. They are amazing for the quality and the price. Do your research here and on Youtube first though because there does seem to be a few loosers out there, but the winners really do rock. Coastal Scents was probably the best find of 2008 for me!

Popular Makeup Brushes