Coastal Scents Brushes

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.4

I seriously ADORE CS brushes! I own a ton of them. Right now, my favorite is the Synthetic Crease Blender brush. It's so dense, and blends like a dream! It's not too big, which is perfect because I don't have very big eyes. :) I also love how the regular CS line is a black handle and silver funnel. I'm a simple color kind of woman! I've had a couple that I bought a year ago, and they haven't changed one bit. No dye from the brushes bleeding color while washing or anything, and they also keep their shape! I recommend buying CS brushes 100% to anyone!

Overall I ADORE Coastal Scents brushes. They are by far my favorite brushes for the price and quality. (I've tried some MAC, sigma, crown, ecotools, ELF, sonia kashuk brushes) My favorite are the Classic Blender Synthetic, Classic Shadow Small Synthetic (I use it as a lip brush) and Destiny Kabuki on a stick. (reminds me of that Comedian) (Jalapeno on a stick ROFL)

I love Coastal Scents.
I love their palettes, gel liners, lipglosses, but most of all their brushes.
They are SO high quality, and for the price, you can't beat it!

Yes, some brushes have issues with shedding. My duo fibre stippling brush I have from them does shed, but it's nothing major. Just a few hairs here and there. But even the High End brands have brushes that shed pretty badly. *cough* MAC 109 *cough*

Overall, I am extremely pleased with these brushes.
Unless you're a label whore, you do not need name brand brushes when you can get ones that are of the same quality, for so cheap!

Will continue to purchace, I have a feeling all my brushes I own will be from them! :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Overall, I've been very pleased with CS brushes. Their line of synthetic face brushes are some of the best brushes I've ever owned. They're insanely soft, far softer than any of my other brushes, higher end or not. They're strudy and good quality, too. They've stood up to many washings, and have never shed, though they do take a while to dry. If you're going to try any of the CS brushes, I definitely recommend the synthetic line, you will not be disappointed.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

ETA over 3 years later: I've ordered a handful more brushes from Coastal Scents, mostly small inexpensive eye and brow brushes. I've been happy with all of those but I don't feel that any of them are outstanding. Mostly, if I pay attention to the reviews, I end up with brushes that are comparable to e.l.f. quality. So I only order brushes from Coastal Scents if e.l.f. doesn't carry a similar brush where I can get it locally, and only brushes around that price point.

For the million and one kinds of small eye and detail brushes that come in so many different shapes, Coastal Scents is probably a good resource. Preference with those brushes is so particular that for nonprofessionals it makes sense to try them out cheaply and then maybe later invest in a very good brush of the type we prefer. My customer service experiences with them have always been good and shipping is quick and reasonably priced. Upping my rating from 2 to 3, but if I were focusing on just the small inexpensive brushes, it would probably be a 4.

ORIGINAL: I ordered the "Pink Deluxe Travel Set". I was pretty happy with them at first, for the price, but man did they deteriorate fast. I didn't even use them every day (went whole months without wearing makeup in fact), took tender care of them, and a year later they're still all beat to crap. They're scratchy now, have stray hairs poking out every which way, shed, and have lost their spring and density.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is pertaining to a brush set that I purchased from them a while back. A set that is no longer sold or listed on their website. The set came with 12 brushes and a leather roll up holder, which was nice.

The bristles on the face brushes are white, dyed orange at the tips and are on long, black handles. I really like the eye and the one lip brush that came with this. The eye brushes don't pick up loose colors that well, but they work great for everything else. The face brushes are ok too after I used them for a while.

I HATED these brushes when I first got them. The chemical smell comming off of them was overpowering. It made my stomach turn. I couldn't use them for acouple days. I washed them and deodorized them for HOURS and nothing worked. It was THAT bad. The water I washed my brushes in was orange for the longest time too. That and the awful smell has stopped though.

The eye brushes are super soft and I believe synthetic, where the face brushes feel like real hair. The bristles are a tan color, gradually getting darker towards the tips. The two face ones I got remind me of ELF's brushes, but denser.

I have had problems with all of my brush heads comming off. I am sure all of them have been glued back on at some point in time, which is ok. It happens.

Now that I have had them a while they work well. My impression of these at first was just awful. I honestly won't even bother trying any of their other brushes because of it.

I love Costal Scents brushes. They are amazing for the quality and the price. Do your research here and on Youtube first though because there does seem to be a few loosers out there, but the winners really do rock. Coastal Scents was probably the best find of 2008 for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought the pony hair flat top buffer/bronzer brush and i use it to apply my EM fdtn. i LOVE this brush! it is so so so soft, the bristles are very dense, the cut of the brush is almost perfectly even and very little shedding and i have not washed it yet. i will order a few more of their brushes because you honestly cannot beat the prices. perhaps when i make more money i can invest in all MAC brushes but these are perfect for the time being.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Complete rave for these brushes. I have a couple of MAC brushes and these compare and stand up well to those. These are amazing brushes at a completely affordable price. They come packaged nicely in colorful tissue and with a free sample. Brushes are soft, don't have many loose hairs, and perform well.

LOVE THESE!

EDIT 6/07/08

II've been using coastalscents brushes for about 3 months I think, and here are my thoughts on the brushes I have:

PINK KABUKI: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=999&ParentCat=37

Great price for an amazing little brush. I use it to apply MSF, my Studio Fix Powder Foundation, and buff out make-up. I've also used it to apply foundation. This brush shed a little when I first got it, and sometimes leaves a stray hair or two. The bristles also came loose from the ferrule... I guess it wasn't glued in right, you just have to pop it back in - its ok. I did contact their customer service twice about this problem & they never got back to me.

ANGLE BLUSH BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=894&ParentCat=37
Just recently got this one, I really like it because I find regular sized blush brushes to be a wee bit big for my face. This is a smaller size too - with out a long handle, so it is nice to get up close to the mirror. I like it!

BLENDING BRUSH:http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=965&ParentCat=37
This brush is ok for blending, for the price it is great. I've also used this just to put a wash of color over my lid. This isn't a must have for me. But for the price - why not?

CHISEL FLUFF LARGE E/S BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=965&ParentCat=37
Same as the above - ok brush, not the greatest but not the worst either. Good starter brush.

DELUXE BUFFER BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=793&ParentCat=37
I was really hoping for a great brush with this one, esp. from some of the reviews on their site... but this brush sheds like a dog in the middle of summer in the desert! No kidding. I have washed it several times and it just wont stop. I'm sad :( I really wanted it to be a good brush. NOT RECOMMENDED

FLAWLESS FACE CHISEL BLUSH BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=860&ParentCat=37
Same as the angle blush brush, this is a great small brush that works great for applying blush right into the apples of my cheeks. I like this a lot!

ITALIAN BADGER CHISLE FLUFF BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore ... rentCat=37[/img]
I've found this brush great for blending, and much better than the so called blending brush that I mentioned above. Very soft! This one is definitely RECOMMENDED!

ITALIAN BADGER ROUND CREASE BRUSH: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1431&ParentCat=37
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this brush... so soft!! It works great in the crease, and I use it in the outer V too. RECOMMENDED!

RETRACTABLE DELUXE BLACK KABUKI: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1429&ParentCat=37
Good brush for the purse. Not as great as the pink one, but a good price for this kind of brush.

PINK DUO FIBER POWDER STIPPLER: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1442&ParentCat=37
LOVE, LOVE. LOVE this brush! It's so soft -- and versatile! I use it for both powder and cream blush, for stippling with fix+, and for applying foundation. Can't say enough -- just get it! RECOMMENDED!

The other brush I have that I no longer see on their site is the huge big fluffy paddle brush, the one that is comparable to MAC 150. I LOVE this brush also - it is so soft, and so beautiful to softly apply powders and MSF. LOVE IT! If you see it back on their site, grab it when you can! RECOMMENDED!

Popular Makeup Brushes