Bobbi Brown long-wear cream shadow in Sand Dollar

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have fallen in love with Bobbi Brown lately- Does that mean I'm old?? LOL! Just kidding. I especially love these little pots of joy- the long wear cream shadows!! Sand Dollar is the perfect, must-have neutral that is perfect for a wash on the lid when you have absolutely no time but want to look polished and pretty- OR this can be used as a blending/transition color from a darker crease color to fade it out a bit... LOVE! Just barely shimmery... just barely pigmented- But enough to make a nice difference!!

Sand Dollar is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "pale greyish taupe with silver shimmer." That's an accurate description, as it is a lovely neutral that adds an attractive delicate sheen. As usual, I love the Bobbi Brown long wear creams, and find this one to be an excellent addition to my collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a godsend for my aging, deep-set eyes. It's one of the few mauve (leaning blue rather than pink) shadows I can wear without looking like my eyes are bruised, and the tiny bit of shimmer in it makes me look awake. You can get a variety of looks with this one depending on how much you apply; I usually use a light wash to get a clean, polished look by adding liner and mascara. Like the other BB Cream Shadows, it's creamy, so the application is easy (I use a finger, which works perfectly), it wears all day without creasing and the color stays true. I still hate the packaging--it's tough to get a finger into that tiny opening--but I suppose it keeps the shadow from drying out quickly. I'm finding that the tiniest amount of fallout from powder shadows irritates my eyes, so I'm gradually switching to cream shadows for most occasions (plus it's quick and easy to apply, and there's no need to wash brushes). This has become a staple for me, and I will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sand Dollar is a gorgeous, shimmery, pale taupe-gray color (as others have previously noted). I wore this on the lid with Prescriptives Smoking Gun (aka. BB Galaxy) in the crease, and it made for a very pretty- not to mention, quick and easy- day look. The only reason I gave this a "4" instead of a "5" (and knowing me, I still might change that) is becuz my first run with this had a few unpleasantries. One was that I found this less creamy than my BB Sandy Gold cream eyeshadow; and therefore, a little harder to apply evenly with my finger. The other problem was that this one creased on me- even though I applied it over a base- which is also uncharacteristic of my BB Sandy Gold. Understanding that these flaws could have been "operator error," I will update this review if I get the feel for this cream shadow and am able to get better wear out of it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really pretty light shimmery taupe. Looks wonderful with my love, Sand Castle. (Wear the Sand Dollar on inner lid and above crease, Sand Castle on outer lid to crease) I don't need my primer potion with these shadows! This combo is great for brown eyes especially if you are cooltoned.

The reason for the 4 instead of 5 lippies is that the Sand Dollar could be a tad more blendable and creamy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This shadow makes my lids look very smooth. With Too Faced Eye Insurance under it I had no creasing.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Nice cream shadow. Easy to work with and long lasting.
The color it shimmering taupe - quite sheer and the color is light. Great neutral shade for natural makeup looks.