4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

This is an amazing color for my green eyes. I use it as an allover color with Velvet Plum cream shadow in the crease. This color looks nice with Glacier, too. It wears beautifully and doesn't irritate my very sensitive eyes.

About reviewer (403 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

8 years ago

I have fallen in love with Bobbi Brown lately- Does that mean I'm old?? LOL! Just kidding. I especially love these little pots of joy- the long wear cream shadows!! Sand Dollar is the perfect, must-have neutral that is perfect for a wash on the lid when you have absolutely no time but want to look polished and pretty- OR this can be used as a blending/transition color from a darker crease color to fade it out a bit... LOVE! Just barely shimmery... just barely pigmented- But enough to make a nice difference!!

About reviewer (199 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

from

9 years ago

Love this color and formula. I have dark green/hazel eyes and this makes the color of my eyes pop, to the point where my coworkers asked if I was wearing green contacts. Lasts all day without creasing for me, and is nearly waterproof. It is also very easy to apply. Some people may find it shimmery, but it is not over the top IMO. I wear it too work and it just brightens my eye and makes me look more awake.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

10 years ago

RIS and my very first thought was of how pretty of a shade it was. The application was amazingly smooth but unfortunately the color pretty much disappeared on my lids. So glad I swapped for it or else it would have been a waste of money.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

Lovely lovely shade, delicious texture and easy, pretty application. This silverish, pale taupy color suits my neutral/cool toned skin very well and stays put until you remove it. Maybe a tad too simmery - I wouldn't use it on its own - but then at 30+ the lids aren't as smooth as they used to be. I use it for a neutral day look underneeth BB's Cement shadow, which gives me just the right amount of shimmer but not too much. Will propably buy this in more shades.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

11 years ago

Great staying power, but to shimmery. Most of bobbi browns cream shadows have to much shimmer, would love this if it were more matte.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Medium

HairBlond

11 years ago

The description of this color on the Bobbi Brown site is pretty accurate--pale greyish taupe with silvery shimmer. However, the swatch on the BB site does not do it justice. It is pretty neutral, perhaps leaning just a tad bit more toward the cool side. The shimmer is very natural and not garish or glittery at all. It lasts a long time without creasing or fading. If you have oily lids I suspect it will still last for a very long time on you. It looks wonderful on its own for a very pretty, natural look but pairs very well with other shadows as well. It is great on its own for a quick and easy day look. I use the Sonia Kashuk concealer brush to apply as I worry about contaminating the container by using my fingers. If you are into natural looks, this cream shadow is a must. If not, then skip. The quality of BB's cream shadows can't be beat, though the price is atrocious. For reference, I am cool PPP with hazel eyes (green/brown) that really look brown for the most part.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

Sand Dollar is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "pale greyish taupe with silver shimmer." That's an accurate description, as it is a lovely neutral that adds an attractive delicate sheen. As usual, I love the Bobbi Brown long wear creams, and find this one to be an excellent addition to my collection.

About reviewer (201 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

11 years ago

This is a godsend for my aging, deep-set eyes. It's one of the few mauve (leaning blue rather than pink) shadows I can wear without looking like my eyes are bruised, and the tiny bit of shimmer in it makes me look awake. You can get a variety of looks with this one depending on how much you apply; I usually use a light wash to get a clean, polished look by adding liner and mascara. Like the other BB Cream Shadows, it's creamy, so the application is easy (I use a finger, which works perfectly), it wears all day without creasing and the color stays true. I still hate the packaging--it's tough to get a finger into that tiny opening--but I suppose it keeps the shadow from drying out quickly. I'm finding that the tiniest amount of fallout from powder shadows irritates my eyes, so I'm gradually switching to cream shadows for most occasions (plus it's quick and easy to apply, and there's no need to wash brushes). This has become a staple for me, and I will repurchase.

About reviewer (1188 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

EyesBlue

from

11 years ago

Sand Dollar is a gorgeous, shimmery, pale taupe-gray color (as others have previously noted). I wore this on the lid with Prescriptives Smoking Gun (aka. BB Galaxy) in the crease, and it made for a very pretty- not to mention, quick and easy- day look. The only reason I gave this a "4" instead of a "5" (and knowing me, I still might change that) is becuz my first run with this had a few unpleasantries. One was that I found this less creamy than my BB Sandy Gold cream eyeshadow; and therefore, a little harder to apply evenly with my finger. The other problem was that this one creased on me- even though I applied it over a base- which is also uncharacteristic of my BB Sandy Gold. Understanding that these flaws could have been "operator error," I will update this review if I get the feel for this cream shadow and am able to get better wear out of it.

About reviewer (1348 reviews)

Age44-55