Bobbi Brown long-wear cream shadow in Sand Dollar

4.5

Love this color and formula. I have dark green/hazel eyes and this makes the color of my eyes pop, to the point where my coworkers asked if I was wearing green contacts. Lasts all day without creasing for me, and is nearly waterproof. It is also very easy to apply. Some people may find it shimmery, but it is not over the top IMO. I wear it too work and it just brightens my eye and makes me look more awake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The description of this color on the Bobbi Brown site is pretty accurate--pale greyish taupe with silvery shimmer. However, the swatch on the BB site does not do it justice. It is pretty neutral, perhaps leaning just a tad bit more toward the cool side. The shimmer is very natural and not garish or glittery at all. It lasts a long time without creasing or fading. If you have oily lids I suspect it will still last for a very long time on you. It looks wonderful on its own for a very pretty, natural look but pairs very well with other shadows as well. It is great on its own for a quick and easy day look. I use the Sonia Kashuk concealer brush to apply as I worry about contaminating the container by using my fingers. If you are into natural looks, this cream shadow is a must. If not, then skip. The quality of BB's cream shadows can't be beat, though the price is atrocious. For reference, I am cool PPP with hazel eyes (green/brown) that really look brown for the most part.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have fallen in love with Bobbi Brown lately- Does that mean I'm old?? LOL! Just kidding. I especially love these little pots of joy- the long wear cream shadows!! Sand Dollar is the perfect, must-have neutral that is perfect for a wash on the lid when you have absolutely no time but want to look polished and pretty- OR this can be used as a blending/transition color from a darker crease color to fade it out a bit... LOVE! Just barely shimmery... just barely pigmented- But enough to make a nice difference!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a godsend for my aging, deep-set eyes. It's one of the few mauve (leaning blue rather than pink) shadows I can wear without looking like my eyes are bruised, and the tiny bit of shimmer in it makes me look awake. You can get a variety of looks with this one depending on how much you apply; I usually use a light wash to get a clean, polished look by adding liner and mascara. Like the other BB Cream Shadows, it's creamy, so the application is easy (I use a finger, which works perfectly), it wears all day without creasing and the color stays true. I still hate the packaging--it's tough to get a finger into that tiny opening--but I suppose it keeps the shadow from drying out quickly. I'm finding that the tiniest amount of fallout from powder shadows irritates my eyes, so I'm gradually switching to cream shadows for most occasions (plus it's quick and easy to apply, and there's no need to wash brushes). This has become a staple for me, and I will repurchase.

For first time in a long time I'm in love, I always bought BB in ebay because there wasn´t a store in my country and I found them of good quality but a bit boring, recently the brand is selling here and I went to see the whole collection, and this e/s has become my new staple, WHY?
1. COLOR: just beautiful is really light taupe-gray-silver, it reminds me a little MAC vex but more subtle, ypu can wear it on the day and it looks really polished, and makes my hazel eyes pop without looking overdone.
2. APPLICATION:soooo easy, I apply it with my fingers, even using my car mirror and it looks perfect.
3. DURATION: all day long witout creasing.
Looooove.......

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an amazing color for my green eyes. I use it as an allover color with Velvet Plum cream shadow in the crease. This color looks nice with Glacier, too. It wears beautifully and doesn't irritate my very sensitive eyes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

RIS and my very first thought was of how pretty of a shade it was. The application was amazingly smooth but unfortunately the color pretty much disappeared on my lids. So glad I swapped for it or else it would have been a waste of money.

Sand Dollar is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "pale greyish taupe with silver shimmer." That's an accurate description, as it is a lovely neutral that adds an attractive delicate sheen. As usual, I love the Bobbi Brown long wear creams, and find this one to be an excellent addition to my collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really pretty light shimmery taupe. Looks wonderful with my love, Sand Castle. (Wear the Sand Dollar on inner lid and above crease, Sand Castle on outer lid to crease) I don't need my primer potion with these shadows! This combo is great for brown eyes especially if you are cooltoned.

The reason for the 4 instead of 5 lippies is that the Sand Dollar could be a tad more blendable and creamy.

Nice shimmering light grey. Makes my brown eyes look clear and shiny and its a nice color for an understatement look.