MAC DressCamp x 4 Face Palette

4.6

overall, i love this product. i gotta admit, i was willing to fork out SGD72 because of the packaging. when i swatched it at the counters, the eyeshadows were really gritty in texture. But i decided to give it another shot and tried it with my UDPP, it's much better and of cos, the dresscamp pink beauty powder blush was ultra gorgeous. the shade is nothing like mac has released in the past 2yrs and it's really pigmented for a beauty powder blush. Love the shimmers. being such a sucker for gold eyeshadows, this palette is a winner for me. It's a absolute must have for anyone.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I missed out on buying this during the few hours it was actually available on the MAC site but luckily I have a sweet MUA friend in Singapore who was nice enough to help me procure it. ♥ I really like this palette- using the middle color all over, the copper in the crease and to line bottom lid and the gold on top lid and over the copper on bottom lid. This makes for a unique and pretty summertime look. Also the pink blush is really pretty too. Im inclined to get a back up of this but honestly Ive never used up an entire MAC palette yet so I doubt I will.

I have to agree with the reviewer before me. This is a very nice palette, and one that I would recommend if you could get it for retail. The eyeshadows consist of a pale frosty gold, a mid-tone shimmery beige with slightly pink tone to it, and a neutral coppery shade. The three shades work very well together. They are fairly subtle shades, so they produce a neutral eye, but... for my fair olive skin, I find that the gold shade in particular makes this combo very flattering. I used these with a touch of vanilla pigment on the brow bone and some mascara and it's just a perfect daytime look, and a quick one at that! The only thing that would have made this palette even nicer is if the copper shade was a veluxe pearl instead of a lustre (got a little fall out) but oh well! The beauty powder is also quite pretty, a shimmery bright pink in the pan that actually looks like a glowy warm pink on my cheeks. Looks fantastic with She-Gold lipglass. I'd buy this again if I ran out, but only at retail. It's not so unique that i would ever pay $100 + that is currently the going rate on ebay.

I really like this palette. It's basically shimmery neutrals, but it's exactly what I needed. I really love the beauty powder. It gives you a very sweet, youthful shimmery glow. Absolutely perfect for spring and summer.

The eyeshadows are quite nice. Pretty basic, but again, exactly what I needed. The whole DressCamp collection works together so well. I love the golds and pinks together.

Oh, and the packaging is fabulous. I expected it to be tackier, I suppose. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened up the box to find a very pretty palette.

If you can find it for under $50, go for it. Otherwise, you don't really need it unless you're an obsessive collector.

*EDIT* Ok, after using this for a couple of days, I have to update and change my rating to 5. I love this palette. The colors work together so well, and go on perfectly. They look gorgeous with the DressCamp lipstick (Too Fab) and lipglasses (She Gold and Fashion) as well. I feel like I was holding back on my original review, because I know so many people weren't able to get the DressCamp products, but to be totally honest, this palette is possibly my favorite thing I've ever bought from MAC. continued >>

I am a MAC user cum collector and already bought a backup. Overall the palette is nice with easy to wear colors..neutral color eyeshadows,a pink beauty powder,a mini brush and exotic black/white/gold zebra packaging. Haven't tested the colors yet but just by looking at it is pretty enough.

**Updates** After trying the colors on my face, I have to say that "I LOVE IT". The beauty powder is so fine and pigmented and a little goes a long way. All eyeshadows complement each other very nicely and these colors are classic. This is the BEST palette from MAC ever!!!! A definate must buy!!!

This palette is just mediocre for me. I bought the entire collection because of the packaging. None of these colors are really "me" but I was happy to learn that the Lipstick and one of the lipglasses actually suited me.
The palette suits me as well (I'm not going to rehash the colors/finishes since someone already did below), however it is totally dupeable. I'm having trouble parting with it simply because I love the packaging. The blush is really the only thing I'm totally in love with since I don't have a color similar. I might just get Sweetness BPB and swap this away... Check out www.temptalia.com for dupes on everything in this collection. The real winner out of all of DressCamp was the lipstick. No matter what price you pay it's worth it!

MAC's DressCamp x 4 Face Palette (released for 2008 DressCamp, Asia LE) is perfect for spring!

From MAC website:
Contains limited edition Beauty Powder in DressCamp Pink (a blue mid-tone pink with white pearlized pigments), three Eye Shadows; Sunny Girl (a yellow gold), Golden Gold (a deep golden bronze), Trend (a Neutral tan with gold pearlized pigments and compact-sized 213SE application brush.

The Beauty Powder in DressCamp Pink is surprisingly pigmented. Apply with a fluffy blush to disperse the color. The white shimmer is not that noticeable. Looks fresh for spring. After a 10-hr day, I was pleased that it was still on! This BP may restore my faith in MAC blushes.

Sunny Girl and Golden Gold are a bit gritty in texture. It takes a lot of e/s to pack on color. Some of the particles fall off the blush. But are they perfectly coordinated with DressCamp pink? Yes! Trend e/s is a gorgeous nude. It's that nude I've been looking for - not too warm, not too cool - my skin but better. The texture is more smooth than Sunny Girl and Golden Gold.

All in all, I'm really happy with this palette. Even the e/s brush is decent. Love the metallic packaging and zebra print!