Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser

Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser

4.2

Water, Diglycerin, Maltitol, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Gluceth-10, Potassium Cocoyl Glutamate, Tea-cocoyl Alaninate, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Lauroyl Glutamate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium, Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sasa Kurilensis Water, Glycerin, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil.

on 10/15/2017 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ever since I switched to this cleanser, my face has been clearing up! Even though it is quite expensive, it's money worth spent. It's not harsh (my skin doesn't feel dry and stripped of oils), it's not foaming, and it lathers really well (one pump is enough for the whole face). As for ingredients, homegirl I checked 'em on CosDNA (my fav website which I highly recommend) and they are completely safe! You do not need to worry about fragrances, parabens, colors, and sulfates, etc. cause it's completely clean.

I use this AM and PM and I absolutely love it! Plus the packaging is small so it is easy to travel with. Hope this helped~

First off, I do not understand how anyone rated this so highly. This was the first non-drug store face wash I unfortunately purchased. I was stupid enough to research this product before and assume the high ratings meant it worked....I was wrong.

This product is a rip-off. No way in the world should you have to pay almost $30.00 to buy something that does not do its job, cleanse, purify, nor, the most desirable, MAINTAIN A CLEAR COMPLEXION.

I started using this about a month ago, twice a day, before bed to wash my makeup off, and in the morning to cleanse my face from the oils from the night before. I also have generally dry skin but it leans towards the combination at times.

The first con:
This makeup hardly washed your eye-makeup off, let alone skin make-up such as foundation, blush, highlighter, or basically anything you need to spend money on for a cleanser to get makeup off. I would have to lather this stuff on 2-3 times just to get all of my makeup off. Not cool. Drug store products 1/4th the price did a better job of that.

The second con:
This cleanser did absolutely nothing, now I mean NOTHING to prevent new pimples from forming ORRR current ones from diminishing. I would wake up to my skin looking exactly the same every single day. Now my skin is not severe, but I do get acne on my cheeks and forehead and to be honest, this made absolutely no difference.

The third con:
The price. I was so looking forward to using this product. I looked at the reviews and they all seemed to be wonderful. But I realized, most of the people using this have PERFECT SKIN. Of course a cleanser that is intended to help people would problematic skin would be rated highly from people with little to no issues with acne.

I will be returning this product and getting my money back to spend it on something that actually works; removes makeup effectively, prevents new blemishes from forming, helps current blemishes diminish, and actually cleanses the skin.

*update just bought Philosophy Clear Days Ahead and it has been one of the best facial cleansers I ever used. Holy crap!

on 6/12/2016 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this cleanser. Was using Body Shop tea tree cleanser, but now that I am having a terrible acne breakout issue, I needed to try something else. This Boscia cleanser is a decent price and works well. Cleans very nicely, leaves my skin perfectly ready for the rest of my routine. I feel like it has helped control my breakout situation and has calmed my face. Certainly has not made it worse in any way. Not terribly drying. I follow with Kate Somerville Anti-Bac treatment, KS Nourish moisturizer, and Mario Badescu drying lotion. The routine seems to be doing my skin well!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This cleanser left a funny feeling film on my face. I decided to keep giving it a try, but my skin got progressively more bumpy and broken out during the week I started using it. If you are new to this cleanser, I recommend incorporating just this so you can be sure if this product is agreeing with your skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on the fence about this face cleanser. it cleans my face well without causing irritation or redness, but is just not strong enough to control my acne. I can see this working well for people who have very mild breakouts.

I used this cleanser for a good portion of the last two years in between trying out other cleanser. I have normal to dry skin with redness issues, but I am also a teenager and basically every product I use to help my dry skin also breaks me out in the worst ways.

This cleanser has a very nice lather, and you need very little of it, and the fragrance never bothered me. It removes makeup very well with the exception of some mascaras, and it works well with my clarisonic. I have mixed feelings on the packaging- it looks nice and a pump is handy in your washroom, but I travelled a lot and it took up an annoying amount of space in anything I packed it it. The pump also has a clip that you tend to lose, not a locking mechanism so it doesn't spill everywhere.

This cleanser is wonderfully non drying, but I don't think it helped with my acne at all. Like, there were very few points in the last two years where my skin was breakout free. I didn't get a lot of big pimples, maybe only one at a time, but I almost always had clogged pores and blackheads and it didn't seem to help me at all with the texture of my skin and often it was quite rough. However, it really really does help control oil, as I find when I try out other cleansers my skin has a bit of oil reaction due to being cleansed more.

This cleanser was fantastic for not drying out my skin, but I would rather dry out my skin and have clear skin than a cleanser that actually worked. For people with mild acne issues and dry/ sensitive skin I might recommend, but even I had "milk teenager acne" and it helped with nothing and honestly probably exacerbated the problem.

on 11/2/2015 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive skin on the dry side and am about half way through the full-size bottle of this cleanser. I like its gentle cleansing power, but must use it quite sparingly in amount and frequency: less than half a dime's worth, every other day, at most. Otherwise it dries me out. The scent is pleasant, like lychees.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser for a few years now and I don't think I will ever use another. It really helps to keep my skin clear and I have noticed that my skin goes back to being its oily acne-prone self as soon as I try switching to anything else. I love how gentle it is too. It doesn't feel or smell harsh like other clarifying cleansers. The ingredient list is also very safe. I keep recommending it to my friends who also have troubled skin and I hope that anyone who has breakout prone skin tries it because for me its made a huge difference.

Edit:
The only issue I have noticed with this cleanser is that it becomes less effective as you use it up. This might be because the ingredients are natural and there aren't enough preservatives to keep them stable. I've had to replace this with about an 1/8 to a 1/4 still left in the bottle because my skin started to break out again. As soon as I did it cleared back up. Sort of annoying/wasteful to have to throw out the remainder of each bottle but I will continue to repurchase as it is the only thing I've found that works.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I started using this per a Sephora employee's suggestion after experiencing no beneficial results with Ole Henriksen's Aloe Vera Deep Cleaning cleanser, and I'm so glad I did. In the first week of use I can already see noticeable improvements in my skin's texture and massive progress in my hormonal acne and acne scars.

This cleanser is super gentle, unscented and non-drying, yet takes off a full face of makeup no problem with one pump of product.

I feel like although the Boscia bottle is slightly smaller than the Ole Henriksen one, it will last much longer as I use about a 1/3 of the product to cleanse as I did with Henriksen - I'm surmising I'll get a good 8-10 weeks out of it.

And again - this is working wonders to help my hormonal acne. I'm used to waking up with one to two new spots forming daily and since using this cleanser have had ZERO new pimples.

on 10/26/2014 6:04:00 PM

I gave this product a good go of it, a month, and it wrecked my skin. I used it a couple of years ago when acne wasn't an issue for me and really liked it. Now I'm battling cystic acne on my chin and this product seems to only make it worse. Luckily, sephora has an awesome return policy so I was able to take it back.