3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I want this! I got a little sample years ago and I'm trying not to finish it because I really cannot afford to buy a normal size one! Definitely a great and particular scent, one if the best I've ever smelled! Waiting for someone who gives it to me as a gift!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

This the most wonderful scentI have ever come across. Quite literally, when I smelled this I thought: this is what paradise smells. i'd never smelled anything quite like it: it smells of cardamon (which I usually avoid), herbs, pepper and... water, somehow? I'm not good at describing fragrance, I never know the right words/notes. But this is wondrous! My only gripe with this is that it does not last long on my skin. Oh, and the price.... This is a sophisticated, refreshing, not sweet, original perfume. It awakens the adventurer in me and I love it.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

I was so very hesitant to try this. When I did, I was looking for a spring fragrance that was cool yet had some zing to it, as it's still relatively cold here in the spring so I decided to give it a go. I was always afraid of it because of the negative reviews, and the fact that I loathe melon. I mean I hate it. Period. I never went through a 'cucumber melon' stage when I was young, I hate watermelon flavored/scented things, just not a fan. Except for real melon. And that's what I got in ALM. This is a slice of fresh, cold, underripe honeydew. It's just a trace of sweet, almost an astringent melon. Picture a large bowl of cut up honeydew, then add fresh mint, lime juice, and small slivers of crystallized ginger, and you have what ALM turns into on my skin. The coolness eventually dissipates but the scent still never turns sweet and lasts a long time. It turned out to be the perfect summer scent and I found myself reaching for it over and over again when I was visiting my mom on the East Coast in July and it was sooooo hot and humid. I'm glad I tried it, I own a big bottle, which suprises me, but it's become a warm weather staple.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

Green, Fresh , Clean and sophisticated . A perfume that is quite unique and not for sweet perfume lovers at all..

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan

HairBrown

1.0

9 years ago

I am a fan of Hermes. I love almost all of its scents ... except this one. On me it smells like rotten vegetation in a humid environment. Yuck! I tried to like it. I gave it innumerable tries. I used to work at Sephora and I would always spray this on. But the result was always the same: rotten vegetation. I'll stick to the two other Jardins and skip this one. Proves that nothing is perfect. Not even Hermes.

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

Nice, invigorating scent to start a morning of a busy day. Bought it online 'blind-nosed', just reading notes description and reviews on MUA, as here are no retailers for Hermes. A gingery scent dires down to delicate and soft breeze. I imagine a relief of hot summer day. Have tried many different fragrances on store, most of them are annoying or stomach-turning , so I had lots of pure luck with this. Now I plan to buy small bottle of Un Jardin sur le Nil, as it is also very tempting combination and also pretty story behind a product. Bottles and packaging are also straightforward clean, simple and pretty.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Absolutly love this scent. Now, I don't know much about perfume, but I know people usually love this perfume, or hate it. It smells so fresh, but if you don't like ginger you probably won't like this. I think it really just awakens me in the morning, but it's not an overwhemling smell.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesOther

9 years ago

I must be one of the lucky ones with this one, first sniff was when just released but couldn't remember which of the Jardin series it was and left the store thinking I must have that one day. I was lucky enough to have been bought a few fragrances since that day so have not purchased for a while. Well, found it on special on line and started searching reviews...Yes, this sounds like the one I smelt 2 years ago. So took the plunge and it arrived yesterday. My skin soaks up the dry spice/ginger notes, the melon notes don't dominate on me but mix beautifully with the fresh dewy tropical rain elements. Such an exotic mix of layers - my dryish/skin loves this! Unique, distinct, no one I know has this, so will definitely buy again. Stunning. PS: climate I live in is temperate to hot, semi arid, sometimes humid, so maybe that's why it works on me too.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

from

9 years ago

When I first was introduced in the world of Jean Ellena, I needed some time to get used to the unusual scents he creates. But once into it, I was completely smitten. My first encounter was Un Jardin sur le Nil, maybe the most lovely of them. Than Eau des Merveilles, the most sensuous and classical, and Un Jardin En Mediterranee, the most dry and masculine of all. And the fourth one was Un Jardin après la Mousson. All these scents have the same roots, the same spicy, peppery, woody, aqueous salty base but they differ in their declination. Where Sur le Nil developes its personality in the joyful fruitness of grapefruit and mango and En la Mediterranee in the sultry dryness of fig and cedar, Après la Mousson has its fingerprints in the ginger flower, coriander, cardamom and something I doubtless detect as watermelon, making of it the most exotic of all. An exceptionally beautiful summer scent for hot humid weather, or to be worn for exotic travels and for the memories afterward.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I wasn't expecting a great deal from this fragrance. I ordered a sample vial from Fragrancenet.com just to bump up my total enough to get free shipping, actually. Sprayed it on this morning as I was rushing out the door and instantly slowed down and fell in love. Interestingly, I don't get ANY of the melon scent that almost every other reviewer either loves or hates. I get clean, herby, subtle, "I naturally smell this good." It's extremely hot and humid here today and this scent is working perfectly. Dry down didn't morph it into something completely different like happens with so many scents. I'm at 4 hours and can still smell it after a very small spritz this morning, so lasting power is decent for a summery, daytime scent. Unless I get sick of it after a week (as with L'Occitane scents for some reason), this is on its way to becoming part of my permanent collection.

About reviewer (205 reviews)

Age44-55