Artistry Powder Make-up SPF 10

Artistry Powder Make-up SPF 10

2.0

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Funny that nobody has written anything about this amazing foundation yet.

I ordered it out of the blue because I was told all Artistry products are amazing and comparatively low priced. Since I have only had wonderful experiences with the face & body care products I now bought this make-up in shade "porcelain" and kept my fingers crossed that it is light enough for me.

Prior I used Clinique Clarifying Cream in shade 01 and Bobbi Brown's Oilfree Foundation in shade "porcelain" and these two were the only ones light enough for my milky white skin.

So yesterday I received my package and voilą: it fits my skin tone perfectly!! I was relieved. So this morning I applied it and what can I say: I'm totally in love with this product. It covers perfectly, but is still fine enough so that you can build it up slowly. It's definitely a product for both "good skin days" and "bad skin days" (given you have a good concealer, of course). The skin feels silky and smooth, my pores become almost invisible and all in all my skin looks perfectly flawless.

However, what I like most about this make-up is the glow it's adding to my complexion. People with as white skin as I have, often look "deathly pale", as if they're sick. So having a skin with a lovely sheen and glow to it, can do wonders for still looking pale but not sick. My skin radiates, looks amazing and perfectly even. Just like a porcelain doll :)

Now for the downsides: You have to buy a separate make-up box the first time around, because the make-up itself is only available as a refill. It does not come with a sponge. Not even the package it gets delivered in, is suitable for storing. The box is golden unfortunately, a colour I'm not exactly fond of. It's made of rather light plastic and doesn't have that "expensive/heavy" feeling to it, if you know what I mean. But it's okay. The refill is easy to set in and holds thanks to a magnet, quite similar to the blush/eyeshadow box Artistry also has. The make-up box contains a sponge which seems slightly "fluffy". But it's very good for applying this make-up, it worked wonderfully.

What might be another downside: The available range of shades is rather small. I guess you have to try and be lucky to find your perfect shade.

But yeah, I was lucky so I'll definitely, definitely buy again! :)

Edit: Will NOT ever buy again. I wonder if I fell on my head when liking and reviewing this product. Either way, I have to add: the foundation only remains matte for about one, maybe two hours and then it makes one shine like an oil tree. Never has a foundation given me such an unwanted oily look. It won't even work with masses of finishing powder on top. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this went into my closet and I will probably try to get rid of it elsewhere. Boo! :(