NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

4.5

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I can safely say that spending more than $20 for this eyeshadow was definitely not a waste. The best rich and dark brown shade I own. I bought this shadow 2 years ago and use it here and there, and I still have not hit pan. One light dab into the product is already too much. I find that after one dab, I still tap the excess off. Only problem is how glittery it is, it definitely finds its way into your eyes. It's not a major problem for me though. Also, I don't understand the point of the mirror in the packaging since it's pretty tiny, but hey, it's cool. I've never seen a single eyeshadow with a mirror anyway! At that, a good quality one!

on 9/16/2013 7:30:00 PM

My favourite eyeshadow, I use Mac, Nars and Napoleon perdis are my go to for eyeshadows. This far surpasses mac in terms of pigmentation, size (you get more for your money) and overall quality.

Beautiful dark brown with gold glitter. Colour shows up truly amazing on my eyes.

I use mac mulch all over lid then galapagos in outer v and under eye - absolutely perfect.

For reference I am NC25, brown eyes, dark hair.

I live in Christchurch in New Zealand so Nars isnt that easily accessible.

on 7/22/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

this is a kind of chocolately brown with gold sparkles (not really shimmer) in it. It shows up pretty matte, which I don't really mind though. Only problem I really have is that I find it difficult to blend well. Not sure if I would buy again as I could probably get similar colours but it has lasted me for a really long time so don't even think I would have to replace it any time soon.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I just got this eyeshadow and I'm in love with it. Its a warm brown with gold glitter. Now that I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate the neutrals and browns in eyeshadows but still love a bit of sparkle. This has small particles of gold glitter and pretty much disappears when you apply it to the lid but thankfully, I have Tarina Tarantino's nude glitter and when you apply it to your lids, it looks exactly how it does in the pan. Perfection. If you don't have gold glitter, than its still a beautiful, smooth eyeshadow that is pigmented like no other. Gorgeous. Recommend!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

BEAUTIFUL. Highly pigmented ~ the color applies smoothly and truly. The brown base is flattering on my tan, cool-undertoned skin, and the gold flecks pack a punch. Subtly striking ~ It's not like electric blue shadow that you see from across the room, but one where the person you're standing in front of will go, "Wow!"

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

YAY! I finally got my Galapagos!!!(singing and dancing). I had this eyeshadow on my list of "must haves" for the longest and I finally got it today. And I am NOT disappointed. I am in love with this shadow it did not disappoint me. It is a deep rich brown with flecks of gold. In the pan the flecks of gold are very prominent but when applied its not super glittery at all. I would've appreciated a little more of the flecks of the gold to show up but in the end it doesn't matter. I am still in love. I am a Nc44 from Mac and this shade looks great ALL over my lids and blended out at the crease, and thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. And this created the prettiest smokey eye.(def my go to summer smokey eye shade). It's not hard to blend at all and very pigmented. I also used "casino" bronzer by Nars and this was the perfect combo. On the flip, it's a bit pricey but I say go for it, it will be really hard to find something that meets the quality of this shadow. I don't know when this will run out but when it does I will def buy again.

This is my very first NARS eye shadow and I'm happy I chose it. Beautiful shadow with just enough shimmer. I am Polynesian with medium skin tone. This looks gorgeous on the crease and I pair it with MACs Satin Taupe on the lid. I get so many compliments when I wear this. Very easy color to wear.

on 12/7/2010 5:51:00 PM

NARS eyeshadows are super pigmented! they're kind of soft.. like they're not super pressed, which i like, but people complain about fallout. you just have to use a light hand & build it up, or press it on instead of brushing it on. It blends really easily. Galapagos is a dark shimmery brown with tiny gold flecks. i think nars eyeshadows come out more pigmented on your skin than it looks in the pan. the gold flecks show up at first, but fade throughout the day. i use it in my outer corners & my lower lashline & i think it's the perfect color to add depth to my lower lashline (i have flat asian eyes). You also get a lot of eyeshadow in the package :) and a little mirror in the top.

on 4/12/2010 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a stunning color. Medium brown with gold shimmer. Very pigmented and soft. I love it. Very glamorous. I had to have it as soon as I saw it!

on 3/25/2010 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this deep brown shimmer. It is super pigmented but I have found that if you dont use the right brush it can go ununeven. It is a hard eyeshadow to me and I have broken one of them before with a very soft fall to my rub. So be careful, it is messy to clean up. This color has a great gold sparkle to it and looks awesome with bronzer and gold tines lipstick in the summer. It is a great color and lasts long too.