NARS Galapagos single

Filtered by eye Color : Green
NARS Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

4.8

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I took my time deciding whether to buy this eye shadow. It's intense and the sparkle in it gave me pause. I have to be careful when choosing eye shadows at this stage of my life. I will wear some shimmer or sparkle only on the eye lid up to the crease. I do love mattes, but still like to mix it up with the shimmery eye shadows.

I tried it on in the store and wore it for the rest of the day. I did notice that it lacked staying power, but it was over another eye shadow. I also wanted to see how I liked the color, if I could carry it off. I think that I tried it on at least two more times and wore it throughout the day. Finally I decided to buy it. I usually wear some kind of eye primer and this time I chose the MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist. I thought this brown color would work well with the intense dark brown of Galapagos. This helped give it great staying power. It was still looking good at night. I only used Galapagos up to the crease and then blended a bit. Then I used both MAC Soft Brown and Texture in the crease as transition colors. I thought they worked beautifully with Galapagos. I used my normal highlight color, Mac Brule.

I experimented a little the second time I wore this eye shadow. I used a flat definer brush to carefully line the Galapagos on the under eye lash line. I was very precise and kept the line as thin as possible, I then used Texture smudged out on the lower lid. This time I changed it up on the waterline, using a dark brown eye liner pencil. I have to say that I loved the look. As far as the sparkles, they were barely visible after I applied the eye shadow. It was very subtle. I should also say that I used a MAC 239 brush to apply this eye shadow. I thought it worked beautifully.

When I was browsing in Sephora that day, two of their sales assistants came over to me and asked me what I was wearing on my eyes. They were very complimentary. That's when you know that a look really works, when people who work in the business come over and say your eyes look great. I thought the dark brown brought out my green eyes. This is really best as a night look, although I did wear it a few times during the day. It's not for the faint of heart. I was nervous stepping a bit out of my comfort zone with this kind of eye shadow. But I have to say that I felt good wearing it. Even mature women can have some fun with eye makeup!

This is the first time I have purchased a NARS eye shadow. They are expensive. It's $25 for a small compact, which is pricey for 0.07 oz. or 2.2 grams of product. But I splurged this time and was not disappointed.

This is quite possibly my favorite crease color ever. I love the fact that even though it has gold flecks and shimmer, it pairs beautifully with warmer and cooler toned colors alike. I have yet to find an eyeshadow combination using Galapagos that I haven't liked. Like all NARS shadows, this color is incredibly pigmented, and although it is expensive, it is completely worth it considering the quality. The packaging is very sturdy... however, my only gripe is the fact that it gets so dirty! I always have to wipe down the outside of all my NARS products because they seem to collect every speck of dirt and makeup dust imaginable (but maybe that's just me being OCD... it's definitely not a dealbreaker)! I first heard about this eyeshadow through watching Michele1218 on youtube... she always has the best crease colors and in almost every video I caught myself admiring her makeup, this was what she was wearing. I totally recommend this eyeshadow! It's a great color to have in your collection, and I can't imagine how anyone could be disappointed with it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this eyeshadow and use it almost daily to smudge into my eyeliner - it has an amazing richness, depth and warmth to it and literally makes my warm green eyes 'glow' - I love, love, love this eyeshadow!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is just the prettiest sexiest brown ever. I wear it alone all over my lids slightly smoked out with dramatic black lashes. My man loves it on me. I love NARS' packaging and will repurchase. I like to choose any makeup item I buy carefully rather then buying everything I see and want. This shadow is probably my favorite thing I've bought this year.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this brown. It is a staple item. Like all nars products the sophistication and pigmentation is there an amazing. I love using this for bridal looks. It is a warm brown with gold flecks in it. Simply stunning. If you are on the fence about this think no more and just go get it!

on 8/10/2010 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

NARS shadows are pricey and in most cases, worth it. Colors like Galapagos are the Rolce Royce of of all shadows are there. It has an intense color shimmer and I consider it to be a lot more of a pigment than a shadow, due to its intensity.
Like any shadow it works well on its own. If I had to combine it, I could be done with any colour to bring our the gold-reddish chocolate essence of it

on 11/13/2009 6:38:00 PM

This is one of the most gorgeous eyeshadows I own. It's such an intense deep chocolate brown with gold shimmer running through it. What's weird about it is that it looks quite glittery in the pan, but I don't see glitter when I apply it. Which is a good thing for me anyway.

NARS Summer 2008 Collection.

I think this is a case of it looks better in the packaging. In the package it is a burnished brown with gold and olive glitter running through it. It looks absolutely beautiful. On, me anyway, it is a dark brown with absolutely no sparkle. It's pretty, it blends well, and it did not take an excessive amount to get the color to run through. I would have liked to have seen the sparkle running through the shadow applied to my eyes.

I think it'd be easily dupeable.

I would possibly repurchase unless I found something better.

Picture: (Galapagos is the crease and liner, Urban Decay X the lid color)

Full Size Image