NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

on 7/22/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

this is a kind of chocolately brown with gold sparkles (not really shimmer) in it. It shows up pretty matte, which I don't really mind though. Only problem I really have is that I find it difficult to blend well. Not sure if I would buy again as I could probably get similar colours but it has lasted me for a really long time so don't even think I would have to replace it any time soon.

Galapagos was included in Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set (purchased in April 2013). According the ingredients list, NARS has started using triclosan in its shadows. Given the other options available, it's not clear why this would be necessary. I will not be repurchasing.

Ingredients as listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set:
Galapagos: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

on 10/11/2010 11:34:00 PM

I love the color of this shadow, the gold sparkles drew me in at first, but the brown tone is such a great color for smoky eyes. My only issue with this product is that it doesnt last. I feel like it is very dramatic and enticing in the compact, but when used on the skin it didnt pop and sparkle like I thought it would. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I have used primer, used it as is, wet and dry and nothing has changed.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is the dark brown shade I've been looking for for so long! It is the perfect shade to top over some liner. I love the gold sparkle! It's not like some brands that just dump a bunch of chunky cheap glitter into their eye shadows. This simply makes my eyes dazzle & I'm just so in love with this one. I layer this over my eyeliner for a subtle smokey effect. Personally, I'm not a big NARS collector but (aside from maybe trying some of the blushes), this is a must have piece for all those that love an everyday nude eye.

(For reference, I'm an NC25/C3 w/ yellow undertones)

on 3/25/2010 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this deep brown shimmer. It is super pigmented but I have found that if you dont use the right brush it can go ununeven. It is a hard eyeshadow to me and I have broken one of them before with a very soft fall to my rub. So be careful, it is messy to clean up. This color has a great gold sparkle to it and looks awesome with bronzer and gold tines lipstick in the summer. It is a great color and lasts long too.

on 1/13/2010 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

NARS has great colors. I have a major problem with the use of glimmer/glitter. I hate it.

This is a deep, dark and lovely color brown. There are golden shimmer bits thruout and they apply beautifully -- unlike some other brands these shimmer bits stay on and in the powder.

If this product did not have glimmer it would be a perfect brown.. I love it and will use it till it's gone. But, due to the glimmer, I will not repurchase.

on 1/13/2010 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an awesome deep brown with some gold shimmer. Beau on the makeup board had posted about this a while back, I think he used to work for NARS and said it was his favorite brown. I put it on the 'lemming' list, so when the Sephora FF came.. TAH DAH.

Very nice, deep brown, almost a burnt brown to me. VERY pigmented. Very blendable. I love it as e/l with a damp brush. One note, I think the glitter is a bit chunky, it is not shimmer and if you have sensitive eyes or contacts, this might be a problem.

I love this as a crease color, and I really love it as a 'wash' kind of .. lashline to crease. Sheered out its nice, and full force its awesome.

i'm still undecided on this e/s. its pretty in the pan and it is very pigmented but its just kind of "eh". i dont hate it but i dont love it. i dont think it is worth the price at all. i feel this way about a lot of the NARS products i have purchased though. it goes on nice enough and when it blends out you can't see the gold sparkles or glitter chunks. i use it in my crease most of the time but i honestly prefer the browns i have from MAC. in my opinion it is a pretty color but i don't think its worth $22. maybe if it wasn't so expensive i would like it more.

on 7/18/2009 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This colour is amazing. It is one of my favourite browns. I love it how the base is matte but you get the incredibly fine specks of gold glitter coming through. The shade of brown is great and suprisingly works with cool and warm colours. A little goes a long way with this colour as it is very highly pigmented. Works great as an eyeliner too!

This is a great eyeshadow. Galapagos is a rich, medium brown shade with gold glitter flecks. There's enough glitter to really enhance the warm tones in my eyes, as well as light up and brighten them. Pigment quality is strong. This could easily be used as a liner, though it would best work with an actual liner underneath as a base. The glitter fades throughout the day, but pigment is consistent. As cool as NARS packaging is, I just don't like how the rubber attracts dirt and stains. Also, this is a great shadow, but $22 for shadow is too much.