NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single

Filtered by eye Color : Black
NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

4.5

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I just got this eyeshadow and I'm in love with it. Its a warm brown with gold glitter. Now that I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate the neutrals and browns in eyeshadows but still love a bit of sparkle. This has small particles of gold glitter and pretty much disappears when you apply it to the lid but thankfully, I have Tarina Tarantino's nude glitter and when you apply it to your lids, it looks exactly how it does in the pan. Perfection. If you don't have gold glitter, than its still a beautiful, smooth eyeshadow that is pigmented like no other. Gorgeous. Recommend!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

BEAUTIFUL. Highly pigmented ~ the color applies smoothly and truly. The brown base is flattering on my tan, cool-undertoned skin, and the gold flecks pack a punch. Subtly striking ~ It's not like electric blue shadow that you see from across the room, but one where the person you're standing in front of will go, "Wow!"

So far digging this shadow it is a rich dark chocolate brown, Looks absolutely delish in the pan with its bold gold shimmer. Swatched on the hand is amazing. OOOhHH the pigmentations is ridiculous!

When applying however you do need a base. I've had UDPP and I don't like it all that much I like my colored bases because they really help bring out the undertones of the color. I like to use MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot as a base (also as eyeshadow too) and apply Galapogoes to the crease and blend. It really ends up as a pretty, neutral smokey eye for work. I use a dark base for a night out, ie Benefit Cream Eyeshadow in Stiletto, the purple brings out the pretty plummy undertones of the chocolate brown.

I took off a lippie because when applied to the eye, the shimmer is very subtle only in certain light can I see it. Which is good for work but when its a night out I want the sparkle!

I have not tried the shadow wet yet, perhaps that will get the shimmer to stick on.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! The color is gorgeous, dark, shadowy brown with golden shimmer to lighten up the eyes. Very seductive. I love it and it stays on all night! I'm excited to try other NARS shadows in similar shades.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this color. It is so easy to blend and so smooth. It's uber pigmented. I think this is the most pigmented shadow I've ever tried. I love the bit of gold flecks throughout this shadow. It's so beautiful. This is by far my most favorite shadow in my entire makeup collection!

on 6/3/2008 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is a gorgeous shade of matte (cross between milk and dark) chocolate brown with gold glitter (not unlike mac's reflects gold)... i love the color but my GOD we are talking fall out city... unless this shadow is applied wet (which you cant really do with matte shadows unfortunately), the glitter doesn't adhere to the skin... which doesn't bother me since i was looking for a rich chocolate brown matte shadow... this just has the added kick of gold glitter to it... minus 1 lippie for the fallout, but definitely a keeper... cant wait to pair it up with one of my new mac solar bits for a dramatic smoky eye(would look nice with all of them imo).. it would also look really good with a very light wash of copper sparkle pigment over it as well..

but as another reviewer mentioned, it is very easily dupeable... all you would need to do is find the right shade of matte chocolate brown and use MAC's reflects gold glitter over it... so for that reason i will not repurchase

UPDATE: after using this shadow in a look for a night out i have to say, when it comes to lasting power... not one of the best...

i did use UD primer potion all over the lid, and it didnt necessarily crease.. but it did, for lack of a better word, get kind of splotchy... at the end of the night certain areas ended up lighter than others.. the color didn't look as even as it did with the initial application, which i've never found to be a problem with other matte shadows.. so i did take off another lippie for that fact