NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

4.9

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This shadow is very richly pigmented... You only need a little bit to get the job done. It also blends very well. I love the combination of gold and greenish sparkle that it offers. It's a very gorgeous, fun neutral.

This is the ultimate smoky deep brown eyeshadow for blue-eyed girls! I now feel like my warm-toned eye makeup looks are incomplete without NARS Galapagos. I use this color on the days I'm wearing peachy, bronze, and golden eyeshadow colors to wet line over my eyeliner (GOSH Velvet Touch in True Brown, another amazing product). This rich brown has warm undertones, so it clashes with cool purples and taupes.

I pair it most often with Chanel Island and Chanel Venus (Stila Kitten type colors, minus all the frost), using Mac Dazzlelight to highlight. Galapagos looks great with pretty much any combo of warm colors you can think of, though. Most of the time I just wet line with it (takes only a couple dabs with a wet Laura Mercier smudge brush), but I do smoke out the outer V occasionally. For super dramatic smoky eyes, I smoke out the lashline with Galapagos, using a dabbing motion on top of a sticky primer like Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. This way of applying it keeps the gold/multicolored microglitter on my lid. Otherwise, I can't really see the glitter after blending Galapagos on my eye lid.

Since I am super fair and cool-toned, I'm surprised at how well Galapagos fits into my daily makeup arsenal. It brings out my murky blue eyes so beautifully with a couple of quick swipes. PPPs with light eyes, you *need* Galapagos in your life!

UPDATE: I have discovered after wearing this as an eyeliner for a month or so that it was irritating my eyes. I was wondering why I've had more trouble with my contacts lately. The micro glitter is the culprit! Taking off one lippie because you can't use it as a liner without the sparkles getting in your eyes.

An exact DUPE of Galapagos, sans glitter, is called Smashbox "Walnut." It's the same shade of warm, dark brown that lights up my blue eyes. Smashbox Walnut is even more blendable and just as richly pigmented. I got it on ebay for $7 - a fraction of the cost of Galapagos. Love it. If you're looking for another NARS shade, Bengali is close. Hope that helps!

This is a gorgeous chocolatey brown with gold glitter (a lot of gold glitter) and really makes my blue eyes stand out. the glitter stays put for the most part but I'm also using primer. It's such a dense, highly pigmented color and I never see any creasing or fading with it. I'm fairly pale and it's not too dark for me. I like using it on top and underneath my eyes in a thicker smoked out line, with pink swoon on cheeks and YSL's Gloss pur in Pure Rose (beautiful light pink) on lips. Again this shadow is just awesome on blue eyes..

I love this color. It is extermely pigmented. All I have to do is tap my brush on it and get enough product. I use it with my NYX strawberry milk jumbo eyeshadow pencil and then put on galapagos with all that glitters by mac on top. It looks amazing. I would recomend this to anyone who is looking for a brown. All though if you don't like glitter that be warned. It has gold glitter, but on the plus side not a lot of fallout :)

This is the perfect non-bronze or reddish dark brown with a bit of shimmer,http://makeupalley.com/product/rsearching.asp/ and it's perfect for my fair skin, blue eyes, ash blonde looks. Find the *perfect* brown is quite difficult for me. So *tired* of reddish browns or bronze that make me look overly done, if you know what I mean.

I go walking into Sephora thinking, "Well, Cargo Oil Slick is a great high shimmer best-when-wet for tight lining." Lo, Cargo has been relegated to the BACK OF THE STORE and no go.

So I get to wandering around Sephora looking for a true chocolate shimmer brown. People, what is up? Finally the sweetest Sephora SA comes back to me with about 6 swatches on her hand, and the Nars Galapogos is pretty near perfect.

The powder is very soft and has a slight warm/gold shimmer--but it still works for the cool-toned. Tres sexy. Best used wet because of fall-out--just like the Cargo Oil Slick. When I sweep it on my lid, it is always after a quick sweep of my setting powder so I can simply brush away any specks.

Use it wet to tight line, a light dusting dry on the lid, and, if I'm feeling it, a wet line with a tiny wing done with my Japonesque pointy brush or Essence of Beauty slanted (depending upon which one is clean). Works for evening smokey eye or daytime eye emphasis without looking overdone. Mind you, you have to play with it because it is a dark brown, but you can also mix with a beige if you want to tone it down. As is, I just do a very light sweep on my eyelid and blend well to get a really nice contrast to my blue eyes. LOVE.

Highly recommend for those needing a true brown with shimmer--no bronze, red, brick, or pink undertones.

Note: I also use this to line my eyes after a light dusting of Besame Peacock Blue. The blue/brown really works for blue eyes.

on 4/4/2009 5:02:00 PM

OMG this is the best and my most favorite eye popping brown! It's great "training wheels" for making a smokey eye! It's got a golden hue to it that makes blue eyes pop! Works well as a liner, when used wet. Use in the creases - the MAC MUA asked me, what color I used on my eyes when I had on Galapagos! So, it's noticeable!

Only down side is that it gets a crumble / powder on top as you use it. It has a very soft consistency.

I wear NARS single eyeshadows as liner on both my upper and lower lids. Galapagos is a deep, warm brown with gold flecks--a good match with my blue eyes and dark brown hair. It's also not too dark and harsh for my very fair skin. NARS shadows are $22 each, which is not bad at all considering they last forever.

on 4/24/2008 2:19:00 PM

I LOVE this product! the MA at the nars counter i went to paired it with nomad creme eyeshadow. its gorgeous. makes my blue eyes pop like nothing i have ever seen! this will def be my HG brown shadow from now on!