NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single

Filtered by hair type : Curly
NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

2.5

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

on 5/30/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this eye shadow. It is the first NARS eye shadow that I've purchased, and based on my experience it may end up being the only. Galapagos looks beautiful in the pan, but once applied on the lid it loses much of its intensity. It is difficult for me to get the gold glitter to show up and the brown falls flat as well. I have difficulty blending this color.

I would return, but I am still trying to love it. I have been using it as an eyeliner, but even so the color payoff for me is still lacking.

on 4/12/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate to be one of the only negative reviews. I really wanted to like this e/s. Based on the reviews here I was sure this would be an instant HG. HOWEVER that glitter is killing me. I don't care if it doesn't show up on my lid when I blend it DOES end up all over my face!! I get a ton of fallout when I put this on (unless I use it wet, which I don't like doing) and even when I wipe it off with a face wipe I still see random pieces of glitter on my face throughout the day. I hate that, especially since other people have commented that they see glitter on my face whenever I wear galapagos!! Besides the glitter, galapagos really doesn't go well with my fair cool toned skin. I think this would look much better on warmer ladies. I'm really disappointed this didn't work, but I did find NARS Fez and Mekong which I love!

on 2/12/2009 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the deep brown shadow I have been looking for. It's a deep dark brown with gold shimmer. The texture is super smooth, almost creamy. I use this as a crease color and will be probably be trying a brown smokey eye with this soon. Mulch is more of a bronze and less dark and intense than Galapagos.
edit- the glitter in this is just a bit much for me. I'm taking this back and looking for a more matte brown for everyday wear. This is still good for a night out.

on 6/3/2008 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is a gorgeous shade of matte (cross between milk and dark) chocolate brown with gold glitter (not unlike mac's reflects gold)... i love the color but my GOD we are talking fall out city... unless this shadow is applied wet (which you cant really do with matte shadows unfortunately), the glitter doesn't adhere to the skin... which doesn't bother me since i was looking for a rich chocolate brown matte shadow... this just has the added kick of gold glitter to it... minus 1 lippie for the fallout, but definitely a keeper... cant wait to pair it up with one of my new mac solar bits for a dramatic smoky eye(would look nice with all of them imo).. it would also look really good with a very light wash of copper sparkle pigment over it as well..

but as another reviewer mentioned, it is very easily dupeable... all you would need to do is find the right shade of matte chocolate brown and use MAC's reflects gold glitter over it... so for that reason i will not repurchase

UPDATE: after using this shadow in a look for a night out i have to say, when it comes to lasting power... not one of the best...

i did use UD primer potion all over the lid, and it didnt necessarily crease.. but it did, for lack of a better word, get kind of splotchy... at the end of the night certain areas ended up lighter than others.. the color didn't look as even as it did with the initial application, which i've never found to be a problem with other matte shadows.. so i did take off another lippie for that fact