NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

4.7

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

YAY! I finally got my Galapagos!!!(singing and dancing). I had this eyeshadow on my list of "must haves" for the longest and I finally got it today. And I am NOT disappointed. I am in love with this shadow it did not disappoint me. It is a deep rich brown with flecks of gold. In the pan the flecks of gold are very prominent but when applied its not super glittery at all. I would've appreciated a little more of the flecks of the gold to show up but in the end it doesn't matter. I am still in love. I am a Nc44 from Mac and this shade looks great ALL over my lids and blended out at the crease, and thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. And this created the prettiest smokey eye.(def my go to summer smokey eye shade). It's not hard to blend at all and very pigmented. I also used "casino" bronzer by Nars and this was the perfect combo. On the flip, it's a bit pricey but I say go for it, it will be really hard to find something that meets the quality of this shadow. I don't know when this will run out but when it does I will def buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

For a basic bronze eye I wear Stila Wheat and Golightly eye shadows, but when I want to take it up a notch for nighttime and make a sexy smoky eye, I break out Galapagos and apply in the crease/outer corner. It's a beautiful dark shimmery brown with gold glitter that's flattering on my light brown eyes, but I think it would be especially gorgeous on green or blue eyes. If you use it wet there's much less glitter fallout, although still a tiny bit. With glittery shadows it's always a good idea to apply them first (before the rest of your makeup) so you can clean up any stray particles that may have landed on your face. I think Monsieur Nars has really up his eye shadow game in terms of color payoff and texture - Galapagos is buttery soft and highly pigmented, which sadly was not the case with some other NARS shadows I've tried. Definitely a must-have if you want to create a smoldering bronzey eye!

on 1/13/2010 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

NARS has great colors. I have a major problem with the use of glimmer/glitter. I hate it.

This is a deep, dark and lovely color brown. There are golden shimmer bits thruout and they apply beautifully -- unlike some other brands these shimmer bits stay on and in the powder.

If this product did not have glimmer it would be a perfect brown.. I love it and will use it till it's gone. But, due to the glimmer, I will not repurchase.

i'm still undecided on this e/s. its pretty in the pan and it is very pigmented but its just kind of "eh". i dont hate it but i dont love it. i dont think it is worth the price at all. i feel this way about a lot of the NARS products i have purchased though. it goes on nice enough and when it blends out you can't see the gold sparkles or glitter chunks. i use it in my crease most of the time but i honestly prefer the browns i have from MAC. in my opinion it is a pretty color but i don't think its worth $22. maybe if it wasn't so expensive i would like it more.

on 11/13/2009 6:38:00 PM

This is one of the most gorgeous eyeshadows I own. It's such an intense deep chocolate brown with gold shimmer running through it. What's weird about it is that it looks quite glittery in the pan, but I don't see glitter when I apply it. Which is a good thing for me anyway.

on 8/15/2009 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

My current fav! super pretty chocolate brown with gold green reflects. its sparkly but not so chunky that when applied the 'glitter' will fall of. pigmented as are with all nars product ^-^. the only problem is the price...its so expensive =( but i doubt i'll ever need to repurchase cuz a little goes a long way =D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this eyeshadow! It's super pigmented and doesn't crease. The color is a pure dark brown that has no weird undertones and you can use it for your crease, all over color, or outer V. It's such a pretty color every girl should have one of these. That being said, the sample size was so freaking huge at Sephora but when I picked up the box it was like 1/4 the size.. what's with that, I feel jipped. You're not supposed to make the sample larger than the actual product. It is pretty expensive for the size .07 oz and the rubber case that gets dirty easily gets on my nerves...but whatever, it's gorgeous!

This eyes shadow got me at Hello!
When the sales person at Murale (new franchise in Canada) showed me this I told her she was talking to the right girl!
I love the brown with gold shimmer and the intensity of this shadow. you can really play with it, go light on the lid or dark for lining your eyes.
It was my first time purchasing a NARS product (i'm more into Dior and Guerlain) and I can't wait to go back there and used all my point to purchase new NARS eyes shadow!!!!

on 7/18/2009 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This colour is amazing. It is one of my favourite browns. I love it how the base is matte but you get the incredibly fine specks of gold glitter coming through. The shade of brown is great and suprisingly works with cool and warm colours. A little goes a long way with this colour as it is very highly pigmented. Works great as an eyeliner too!