NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single

Filtered by skin type : Oily
NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

YAY! I finally got my Galapagos!!!(singing and dancing). I had this eyeshadow on my list of "must haves" for the longest and I finally got it today. And I am NOT disappointed. I am in love with this shadow it did not disappoint me. It is a deep rich brown with flecks of gold. In the pan the flecks of gold are very prominent but when applied its not super glittery at all. I would've appreciated a little more of the flecks of the gold to show up but in the end it doesn't matter. I am still in love. I am a Nc44 from Mac and this shade looks great ALL over my lids and blended out at the crease, and thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. And this created the prettiest smokey eye.(def my go to summer smokey eye shade). It's not hard to blend at all and very pigmented. I also used "casino" bronzer by Nars and this was the perfect combo. On the flip, it's a bit pricey but I say go for it, it will be really hard to find something that meets the quality of this shadow. I don't know when this will run out but when it does I will def buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

For a basic bronze eye I wear Stila Wheat and Golightly eye shadows, but when I want to take it up a notch for nighttime and make a sexy smoky eye, I break out Galapagos and apply in the crease/outer corner. It's a beautiful dark shimmery brown with gold glitter that's flattering on my light brown eyes, but I think it would be especially gorgeous on green or blue eyes. If you use it wet there's much less glitter fallout, although still a tiny bit. With glittery shadows it's always a good idea to apply them first (before the rest of your makeup) so you can clean up any stray particles that may have landed on your face. I think Monsieur Nars has really up his eye shadow game in terms of color payoff and texture - Galapagos is buttery soft and highly pigmented, which sadly was not the case with some other NARS shadows I've tried. Definitely a must-have if you want to create a smoldering bronzey eye!

on 8/10/2010 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

NARS shadows are pricey and in most cases, worth it. Colors like Galapagos are the Rolce Royce of of all shadows are there. It has an intense color shimmer and I consider it to be a lot more of a pigment than a shadow, due to its intensity.
Like any shadow it works well on its own. If I had to combine it, I could be done with any colour to bring our the gold-reddish chocolate essence of it

on 5/10/2008 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Deep Chocolate and gold flecks, totally gorgeous......This one is a must have, no matter what your eye colour or skin colour, its just beautiful.