NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

4.5

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been on a brown eyeshadow collecting kick lately. Everyone complains of the glitter fallout and not translating on the lid....you're using the wrong brush. I use the MAC #239 and apply using a patting motion and not a sweeping motion. I also applied NARS eye primer prior to application. This keeps the glitter intact. When blending into my transition color I use the MAC #217 brush. This makes for a great chocolate smokey eye and I'm so glad I picked this up.

on 9/16/2013 7:30:00 PM

My favourite eyeshadow, I use Mac, Nars and Napoleon perdis are my go to for eyeshadows. This far surpasses mac in terms of pigmentation, size (you get more for your money) and overall quality.

Beautiful dark brown with gold glitter. Colour shows up truly amazing on my eyes.

I use mac mulch all over lid then galapagos in outer v and under eye - absolutely perfect.

For reference I am NC25, brown eyes, dark hair.

I live in Christchurch in New Zealand so Nars isnt that easily accessible.

Galapagos was included in Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set (purchased in April 2013). According the ingredients list, NARS has started using triclosan in its shadows. Given the other options available, it's not clear why this would be necessary. I will not be repurchasing.

Ingredients as listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set:
Galapagos: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

BEAUTIFUL. Highly pigmented ~ the color applies smoothly and truly. The brown base is flattering on my tan, cool-undertoned skin, and the gold flecks pack a punch. Subtly striking ~ It's not like electric blue shadow that you see from across the room, but one where the person you're standing in front of will go, "Wow!"

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Great eyeshadow i think any skintone can roc it. In the crease or lid, when i want a nice quick smokey eye i apply It to my lid. Nw45(Mac) 178(mufe) relvon(capp) So yes INSTANT pretty, easy smokey eye. Luv it. Also i have Mekong from nars another great one.

This is quite possibly my favorite crease color ever. I love the fact that even though it has gold flecks and shimmer, it pairs beautifully with warmer and cooler toned colors alike. I have yet to find an eyeshadow combination using Galapagos that I haven't liked. Like all NARS shadows, this color is incredibly pigmented, and although it is expensive, it is completely worth it considering the quality. The packaging is very sturdy... however, my only gripe is the fact that it gets so dirty! I always have to wipe down the outside of all my NARS products because they seem to collect every speck of dirt and makeup dust imaginable (but maybe that's just me being OCD... it's definitely not a dealbreaker)! I first heard about this eyeshadow through watching Michele1218 on youtube... she always has the best crease colors and in almost every video I caught myself admiring her makeup, this was what she was wearing. I totally recommend this eyeshadow! It's a great color to have in your collection, and I can't imagine how anyone could be disappointed with it!

This is my very first NARS eye shadow and I'm happy I chose it. Beautiful shadow with just enough shimmer. I am Polynesian with medium skin tone. This looks gorgeous on the crease and I pair it with MACs Satin Taupe on the lid. I get so many compliments when I wear this. Very easy color to wear.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This shadow is very richly pigmented... You only need a little bit to get the job done. It also blends very well. I love the combination of gold and greenish sparkle that it offers. It's a very gorgeous, fun neutral.

on 12/7/2010 5:51:00 PM

NARS eyeshadows are super pigmented! they're kind of soft.. like they're not super pressed, which i like, but people complain about fallout. you just have to use a light hand & build it up, or press it on instead of brushing it on. It blends really easily. Galapagos is a dark shimmery brown with tiny gold flecks. i think nars eyeshadows come out more pigmented on your skin than it looks in the pan. the gold flecks show up at first, but fade throughout the day. i use it in my outer corners & my lower lashline & i think it's the perfect color to add depth to my lower lashline (i have flat asian eyes). You also get a lot of eyeshadow in the package :) and a little mirror in the top.

This is the ultimate smoky deep brown eyeshadow for blue-eyed girls! I now feel like my warm-toned eye makeup looks are incomplete without NARS Galapagos. I use this color on the days I'm wearing peachy, bronze, and golden eyeshadow colors to wet line over my eyeliner (GOSH Velvet Touch in True Brown, another amazing product). This rich brown has warm undertones, so it clashes with cool purples and taupes.

I pair it most often with Chanel Island and Chanel Venus (Stila Kitten type colors, minus all the frost), using Mac Dazzlelight to highlight. Galapagos looks great with pretty much any combo of warm colors you can think of, though. Most of the time I just wet line with it (takes only a couple dabs with a wet Laura Mercier smudge brush), but I do smoke out the outer V occasionally. For super dramatic smoky eyes, I smoke out the lashline with Galapagos, using a dabbing motion on top of a sticky primer like Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. This way of applying it keeps the gold/multicolored microglitter on my lid. Otherwise, I can't really see the glitter after blending Galapagos on my eye lid.

Since I am super fair and cool-toned, I'm surprised at how well Galapagos fits into my daily makeup arsenal. It brings out my murky blue eyes so beautifully with a couple of quick swipes. PPPs with light eyes, you *need* Galapagos in your life!

UPDATE: I have discovered after wearing this as an eyeliner for a month or so that it was irritating my eyes. I was wondering why I've had more trouble with my contacts lately. The micro glitter is the culprit! Taking off one lippie because you can't use it as a liner without the sparkles getting in your eyes.

An exact DUPE of Galapagos, sans glitter, is called Smashbox "Walnut." It's the same shade of warm, dark brown that lights up my blue eyes. Smashbox Walnut is even more blendable and just as richly pigmented. I got it on ebay for $7 - a fraction of the cost of Galapagos. Love it. If you're looking for another NARS shade, Bengali is close. Hope that helps!