NARS Galapagos single

NARS Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

4.5

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

Galapagos was included in Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set (purchased in April 2013). According the ingredients list, NARS has started using triclosan in its shadows. Given the other options available, it's not clear why this would be necessary. I will not be repurchasing.

Ingredients as listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set:
Galapagos: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

on 5/30/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this eye shadow. It is the first NARS eye shadow that I've purchased, and based on my experience it may end up being the only. Galapagos looks beautiful in the pan, but once applied on the lid it loses much of its intensity. It is difficult for me to get the gold glitter to show up and the brown falls flat as well. I have difficulty blending this color.

I would return, but I am still trying to love it. I have been using it as an eyeliner, but even so the color payoff for me is still lacking.

on 7/22/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

this is a kind of chocolately brown with gold sparkles (not really shimmer) in it. It shows up pretty matte, which I don't really mind though. Only problem I really have is that I find it difficult to blend well. Not sure if I would buy again as I could probably get similar colours but it has lasted me for a really long time so don't even think I would have to replace it any time soon.

on 4/12/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate to be one of the only negative reviews. I really wanted to like this e/s. Based on the reviews here I was sure this would be an instant HG. HOWEVER that glitter is killing me. I don't care if it doesn't show up on my lid when I blend it DOES end up all over my face!! I get a ton of fallout when I put this on (unless I use it wet, which I don't like doing) and even when I wipe it off with a face wipe I still see random pieces of glitter on my face throughout the day. I hate that, especially since other people have commented that they see glitter on my face whenever I wear galapagos!! Besides the glitter, galapagos really doesn't go well with my fair cool toned skin. I think this would look much better on warmer ladies. I'm really disappointed this didn't work, but I did find NARS Fez and Mekong which I love!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a basic brown on my skintone. It has shimmer but doesn't show up on me. It's an ok color their are other colors out their for a better value.

on 4/11/2011 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This shadow is not what it appears to be. To me it appears as a dark brown with gold glitter...yes glitter not sheen or shimmer and you would think NARS knows how to do glitter as they do have other shadow with glitter with major fall out but not this one, to me it applies like a matte. I would use it more as a shadow if there was that gold...but then again I'd probably complain about fall out, anyways I mainly use this to line my eyes or in the outer v. I marked as I would not buy this again as I do not use it often and for me it is'nt that easy to pair shadows with.

on 10/11/2010 11:34:00 PM

I love the color of this shadow, the gold sparkles drew me in at first, but the brown tone is such a great color for smoky eyes. My only issue with this product is that it doesnt last. I feel like it is very dramatic and enticing in the compact, but when used on the skin it didnt pop and sparkle like I thought it would. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I have used primer, used it as is, wet and dry and nothing has changed.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Ummm, just okay. I drove 25 miles each direction to my closest Sephora store in the snow to purchase this.
Anywho, for me this is just plain ole' brown; the gold sparkles immediately disappear which leaves me with a 'poopy' brownish green color. For the price and drive I wanted the gold sparkle's to sparkle. I did pair it with MAC's Gold Reflect's Glitter for a stunning brown sparkle look which made my husband do a "double-take" and give me a compliment. I hardly ever use this e/s but I do sometimes look at it and wish it looked like this on my lid.

i'm still undecided on this e/s. its pretty in the pan and it is very pigmented but its just kind of "eh". i dont hate it but i dont love it. i dont think it is worth the price at all. i feel this way about a lot of the NARS products i have purchased though. it goes on nice enough and when it blends out you can't see the gold sparkles or glitter chunks. i use it in my crease most of the time but i honestly prefer the browns i have from MAC. in my opinion it is a pretty color but i don't think its worth $22. maybe if it wasn't so expensive i would like it more.

LOVED this shadow when I first saw it..the rich chocolate brown color with gold flecks was just breath taking at $22 bucks a pop it better be I thought! Sadly once I got it home and wore it out you couldn't see the beautiful flecks of gold in it. I've tried it wet..with a primer..patted on and nothing so as much as I love it never again.