NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

1 review

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I took my time deciding whether to buy this eye shadow. It's intense and the sparkle in it gave me pause. I have to be careful when choosing eye shadows at this stage of my life. I will wear some shimmer or sparkle only on the eye lid up to the crease. I do love mattes, but still like to mix it up with the shimmery eye shadows.

I tried it on in the store and wore it for the rest of the day. I did notice that it lacked staying power, but it was over another eye shadow. I also wanted to see how I liked the color, if I could carry it off. I think that I tried it on at least two more times and wore it throughout the day. Finally I decided to buy it. I usually wear some kind of eye primer and this time I chose the MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist. I thought this brown color would work well with the intense dark brown of Galapagos. This helped give it great staying power. It was still looking good at night. I only used Galapagos up to the crease and then blended a bit. Then I used both MAC Soft Brown and Texture in the crease as transition colors. I thought they worked beautifully with Galapagos. I used my normal highlight color, Mac Brule.

I experimented a little the second time I wore this eye shadow. I used a flat definer brush to carefully line the Galapagos on the under eye lash line. I was very precise and kept the line as thin as possible, I then used Texture smudged out on the lower lid. This time I changed it up on the waterline, using a dark brown eye liner pencil. I have to say that I loved the look. As far as the sparkles, they were barely visible after I applied the eye shadow. It was very subtle. I should also say that I used a MAC 239 brush to apply this eye shadow. I thought it worked beautifully.

When I was browsing in Sephora that day, two of their sales assistants came over to me and asked me what I was wearing on my eyes. They were very complimentary. That's when you know that a look really works, when people who work in the business come over and say your eyes look great. I thought the dark brown brought out my green eyes. This is really best as a night look, although I did wear it a few times during the day. It's not for the faint of heart. I was nervous stepping a bit out of my comfort zone with this kind of eye shadow. But I have to say that I felt good wearing it. Even mature women can have some fun with eye makeup!

This is the first time I have purchased a NARS eye shadow. They are expensive. It's $25 for a small compact, which is pricey for 0.07 oz. or 2.2 grams of product. But I splurged this time and was not disappointed.