Boots Boots No7 Pamper & Peel Radiance Mask

No Image

2.5

on 9/7/2009 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this mask once a week for about a month now. I can't say that it is a deep cleansing mask as it did nothing to clean out my pores. It is a sticky mess to apply, but a small fan brush comes with the package to help spread the product easier. It smells pretty awful, almost like acetone or epoxy. There's a small bit of tingle on the skin while the product sets. It doesn't pull or give a tight feeling on your skin like a clay mask would. Once applied onto the skin, it sets within 20 to 30 minutes and peels off easily in one piece. The only benefit from wearing this mask is that it hydrates my skin and makes it feel baby soft afterwards. But I have used other masks that smell better and deliver the same benefits.

on 4/14/2008 10:54:00 AM

I have been looking for a peel-off mask to try to alleviate some flaking on my dry skin, and to clear out my pores on the nose and surrounding area. I spotted this mask at Target and decided to give it a try, because so many Boots products get lots of raves on makeupalley. On the box, the product promises "a gentle revitalising treat for smoother, brighter, beautiful skin" so how could I resist! The product comes in a lovely heavy frosted glass jar, along with a little synthetic bristle fan brush with which to apply the mask. The product is purple gel, and at first the smell is horrible like nail polish remover! That dissipates quickly and then it just smells of a faint fruity scent. I applied the peel with the brush and waited the 25 minutes that the box suggests. There is the usual slightly tight effect as it dries. I peeled off the mask and my face felt as if there were something slightly sticky remaining, but the box does suggest to "wash away any mask that is left behind" so I did that. My face felt pleasant but not particularly different or smooth, and the flakes that I had hoped would disappear with the peel were still there. And my pores were not cleared out with the mask, either. I give this mask a 2 because the next day I noticed that my face felt so incredibly soft and smooth. So, it's ok as a softening mask, but don't expect anything dramatic. Ingredients are: Water, polyvinyl alcohol, butylene glycol, PVP, PEG-75, polysorbate 20, PPG-5-ceteth-20, propylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, sodium pca, methylparaben, carbomer, parfum, potassium hydroxide, dipropylene glycol, glycerin, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, butylparaben, ethylparben, tetrasodium edta, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, panax ginseng root extract, morus alba leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, spirae ulmaria flower extract, CI 14700 Red 4, CI 42090 Blue 1.