2.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

An absolute Beauty. Amongst all aldehydic florals such as Fleurissime by Creed and supersticious by malle this is by far the warmest, sfottest and most chic . Lovely demure vintage 1959s chic

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesViolet

13 years ago

Riviera Palace is exactly what i've been looking for in a rose; she's a lady (a rather demure, very warm-hearted Amelia Sedley rather than a Becky Sharp, pink cheeked and naive) of substance and loyalty who'll remain beautiful after her bloom has faded and will stick around (though not for all that long, as usual this has abysmal l'Artisan staying power) making cups of spiced chai tea when the other ladies have retired home, conquests made. It's not innovative or shocking, this rose is terribly decourous. Also Riviera Palace is a misleading name, no delusions of grandeur with this one - think more Yardley soap. However I'm going to disagree with everyone on this - to me it has the perfect balance of rose and lovely warm incense. I just don't know if I can reconcile myself with spending £75 (still available from certain online perfume shops) on something so quiet and sweet and soapy.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

15 years ago

Riviera Palace is much more forgettable than the Riviera in France. Yes, this is quite a forgettable floral that is, yawn, boring to me. It's been done before, that's for sure. I believe this was a limited edition a few years ago. I am unimpressed, simply because I don't like rose and florals. It's just there, nothing special or breathtaking, and that is what I expect from Jean Laporte and L'Artisan.

About reviewer (608 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

17 years ago

I agree with the description of this scent as warm-but-not-quite-incensy. It begins as a rosey floral, an extremely warm bouquet that is cut by the woodsiness of the myrrh. It has an odd, almost unisex resonance that I find addicting. A clean, well-balanced, almost holy smell. It reminds me of the smooth blend of Fleurissimo's drydown, although it doesn't have the multifaceted opening floral notes. Designed by Jean LaPorte (I believe of MPG) to recall the summers of his childhood spent on the French Riviera, I think this could be a signature scent for the right person. I tried it and had to buy it because it is so smooth and unusual. I give it four only because I think this one for me is a special occasion perfume.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesHazel

from

17 years ago

White rose, oleander, amber, myrrh. The notes are meaningless to me as this is, at least to my nose, a headier, less rounded L'Eau Du Fleuriste. White flowers, floral. Almost non-descript. Forgettable. Springy bouquet that I'm sure will find a home. Just not something I'd spend $95 on. A lesser, much lesser L'Artisan. Belongs on a separate shelf than La Chasse and Tea for Two. :-) Available at Barneys Seattle.

About reviewer (923 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

17 years ago

Got this as a sample from Aedes. Aedes describes it as oleander, white rose, amber and myrrh. I didn't get the overpowering scent that some reviewers described (maybe it's different dabbed on as a sample rather than sprayed from bottle?). On me, this one was vaguely floral and then dried down into a warm, almost-but-not-quite- incensey scent. Rather ordinary to me, though. Not heinous, but nothing to write home about.

About reviewer (600 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairRed

1.0
from

19 years ago

Rose, narcissus and amber.This one is too strong, too perfumey for me.Not a chance of me ever wearing this one. A surprising mish mash of ingredients with a not so pleasant end result.

About reviewer (781 reviews)

Age44-55