Bumble & Bumble Spray De Mode

Bumble & Bumble Spray De Mode

4.4

on 1/1/2017 5:21:00 PM

I got a travel-sized can of this because the Elnett that was sitting in my bathroom is too powerfully perfumed. Compared to that, Spray De Mode's fragrance is inoffensive.

I used this to set a hairstyle for New Year's. I sectioned my hair, sprayed each section with this (a nice fine mist), then curled with a curling wand. I let my hair cool, then combed out the curls to get a glam, wavy look.

My hair looked and felt soft and bouncy instead of shellacked. The spray didn't dull the natural shine or color and it didn't compete with my perfume. My style lasted all night and even now my hair doesn't feel producty & gross the day after. There's no flaking or greasiness.

I like the clever nozzle design, which reduces the need for a cap (anyone else find that hairspray caps always get loose or cracked?) I don't like the price, even for the travel version. But I guess it's worth it for a special occasion. This is a little too pricey for everyday use.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have fine, thin, hair. I *have* to use hairspray, there is no way around it. This hairspray helps me get & hold a style better than others I have used. I think it's crazy that it's over $30 a can, but it really does make a notable difference, even my 2nd day hair is better for it.

on 8/30/2015 7:07:00 PM

What nonsense. This does not work as a pre- or post product. After spending $30+ with shipping, I keep trying this over and over. Just this morning I used it prior to my curling iron, and then again while holding the curl as it cooled. 10 minutes later it was GONE. My hair was just a dull looking clump.
The dull part is important. This stuff steals any shine you had

on 9/24/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome. It is the first and only hairspray that I have been interested in enough to repurchase. I have long, healthy hair, and it's strong enough to keep styles set, but it's not heavy or sticky. I like that my hair still feels soft and natural when I'm using this. Definitely repurchase!

on 4/11/2014 1:31:00 PM

This discovery changed my life. I was never really into hairspray but as soon as a hair stylist from Bumble & Bumble used this on my hair, I was absolutely hooked. It's definitely not one of those maximum hold hairsprays that will hold crazy updos, but if you curl your hair and want your curls to stay but still move, this spray is perfect. You can rake your fingers or brush through your hair and it still feels soft. I spray this on each section before I curl my hair and my curls last until the third day, no joke. I end up washing my hair because it's gotten too dirty and the curls are still there.

Only downside is the price: $28 for the full sized bottle.

on 1/27/2014 3:28:00 PM

Really like this! I have A LOT of fine, very long hair that can't hold a curl---- not even when done at the salon.
I bought a curling iron last month and I use it almost everytime I wash+style my hair, but the only hairspray I had ever tried was the Elnett one, which I really really don't like (too heavily scented, leaves hair crunchy and I find it weighs it down).
The Bumble&Bumble spray de mode is really good because it can hold a loose curl all day, doesn't leave my hair crunchy, and I can run my fingers through it as many times I want without ruining my 'do. I also like that the scent doesn't linger.
If only it were slightly cheaper, it would be a full 5 lippies! If you want a light-medium hold, this is for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Finally I got to try this, it hasn't been available in Denmark for ages. I have fine hair that needs hold, and I love soft hold sprays like this that can be brushed out easily and never leaves hair crunchy. With this it's impossible to spray too much, and my hair feels thicker and - I swear - softer too. Frankly I don't see the difference at all between this and Does It All, which I used before and loved. Whatever, this is the best hair spray for me and definitely a staple.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG hairspray. I hate hairspray but THIS is FABULOUS! It really does hold your style but leaves hair touchabley soft.
I have fine but lots of it straight Asian hair. I never liked putting product in my hair until I tried bumble and bumble. It's the only line I use and the high cost is totally worth it!

on 2/22/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great product. Very pricey but it last a long time & I feel it's worth it. A hairdresser used this on me many years ago & I liked it so much that I purchased it. I have been buying it ever since. I have lots of straight, fine, highlighted blonde hair and this offers nice hold without looking stiff. Fine hair can easily look "molded and stiff" and I am very particular about hairsprays. Great for every day-strong enough to hold style but allows for some movement too. If you're into helmet hair, pass on this one! If I need more staying power, I resort to Kenra 25 but I feel that's too much for everyday use & tends to make my hair appear dry. B&B Spray De Mode holds well, has a nice scent and works well for everyday styles. I took off 1 lippie because 2ce now I have had to return to salon w/in days of purchase to exchange my can for a new one since the spray nozzle just stopped working/clogged/broke. Don't think it's a clogging issue because can was brand new-don't know what's up w/ that but it's a definite flaw! Other than that, I love this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

LOVE this spray...I use it to finish out my hair but its also become my (almost) HG styling product as well (when flat ironing). I have terribly heavy, coarse, dry, platinum hair, so getting optimal straight results is often difficult. I've found that a light spritz of B&B styling lotion on my ends, coupled with a very light spray of Spray de Mode on my roots, makes flat ironing MUCH quicker and the results are silky hair that's full of volume. Oh and the memory this spray provides is AMAZING! I can flat iron my hair and not have to torture it with heat again till after the next wash...For my unruly mane, that speaks volumes!! The only 2 reasons I don't rate it 5 lipsticks are 1. the SMELL! Some like it, I tolerate it because the product performs so well...my kids can't even be in the room when I spray my hair. HOWEVER, it doesn't stick in the hair too long, so that's why it's doable. It smells sort of like a banana/baby powder explosion and overcomes the senses quickly leaving us all coughing and sneezing till it dissipates. 2. It can be a bit drying if reapplied often (but so can most hair sprays, so go figure). I've found that using it with their styling lotion staves off the drying effect on my ends for about 36 hours. In short, overall performance, AMAZING...Smell, icky but tolerable (pain is beauty! J/k).

Popular Styling Products