Got2B Smooth Operator Smoothing Lustre Lotion

Got2B Smooth Operator Smoothing Lustre Lotion

4.2

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyquaternium-46, Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PVP, Stearalkonium Chloride, Isohexadecane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (Fragrance), Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol.

on 5/27/2016 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like the feel it gives my hair! Not too oily and there seems to be almost no residue. Seems like a good staple product to have. My split ends have never felt better <3

on 2/13/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This product is all right. Nothing wonderful, though. It doesn't offer any heat protection when I blow dry, but it makes my hair feel very soft if I finger comb this through and then let it air dry. The packaging is adorable and it smells like candy, which is cute and all and adds for a fun aesthetic. But as far as the actual product is concerned, it's something that doesn't add anything beneficial to my hair, so because of that I will not be repurchasing.

To Read all 215 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/29/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This has been a staple for me and a little goes a long way even if you have long hair. I use about two pumps after towel-drying my hair so that it's easier to detangle when my hair is dry. The consistency and texture of the lotion is just right in that it's too runny or thick. The bottle is sleek as well.

on 10/11/2015 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

wow, this stuff is amazing. for years i was obsessed with Biosilk silk therapy but that stuff is so expensive. I can honestly say that this product is better and my makes my hair feel sooo soft, it's like I'm having a good hair day every single. The first time I used it I thought it was too runny and sticky but it's actually not, just makes me hair feel amazing. will be repurchasing over and over!

on 8/15/2015 11:10:00 AM

I purchased this stuff after a friend recommended it to me....and I will say, I love it! I put about 2 pumps into damp, towel dried hair, and blew it out and straightened it....and my super thick, super long, wavy hair was left perfectly straight, super smooth, silky, and frizz free! That's a hard boot to fill because I live in coastal SW Florida....humidity is no jok! But what I also liked was this product left my day 2 hair look just as great as it did when I just styled it, no touch up needed. My hair also tangled way less. This is a great product, and it's cheap! Great bang for your buck.

on 6/18/2015 1:00:00 PM

The morning after I used this for the first time, I texted my friend who loves Got2B products, "I have a new best friend. You've been replaced." With a picture of the bottle. Because holy hell, this stuff is WONDERFUL! HG no question.

First from this brand I've tried but based on this won't be the last. Let's get right to what makes it so fantastic...

I had been testing products that would make it possible for me to air-dry my half-ass wavy hair that naturally dries straight on the ends, crunky on the top (and worst of all, wonky on the face framing long banged pieces) and frizzy overall. This stuff performed nothing less than a minor miracle. Using this and only this after my regular shampoo and conditioner, and without any styling, my hair was left shiny, soft, and smooth in a way that was unparallel to any other product I've ever used, from Redken to Garnier. Even the terrible wonky face framing pieces were not just smooth, but straight! I had never had a product do that before. I always have had to use a straightener on them.

The breakdown:
Smoothness: 10/10 - smoothes waves, eliminates frizz. Like none other. Truly amazing smoothing effect. Didn't make
my hair straight all over, but smoothed it enough to make it look good just as it was.
Shine: 8/10 - adds a glossy lustre quality to my hair that I usually don't see, almost as good as a spray exclusively for shine. Not only that, but the lustrous look lasts overnight.
Softness: 9/10 - makes hair feel very soft. Being billed as a leave-in conditioner with cashmere extract just reads as a lot of marketing speak to me with little meaning but whatever this has in it for softness, it works. Even my husband commented on how soft and pretty my hair looked.
Volume: 7/10 - most of the time air drying leaves hair looking lank and a smoothing product would make that worse, even if it did quell frizz. This takes away the frizz but still imbues life and body to the hair, leaving it voluminous enough to get by without needing any volumizer or blow drying.

Consistency/texture of the product itself is great. I work four pumps from roots to ends on my long, wet-brushed through hair and it does the rest. It doesn't feel
tacky or sticky on my hands and once it is in my hair, it works practically weightlessly. I don't feel like I have product in my hair, which I love, and it doesn't weigh hair down or make it feel or look greasy, tacky or otherwise gross. So many straightening balms I have tried feel heavy and sticky whereas this is not only more effective, but feels almost like nothing at all.

The scent is nice and fades fairly quickly. The bottle is a good size quantity for a great price. I have paid triple what this cost for half as much of a Redken product that didn't work much more than half as well. All the other products can go in the bin now that I have this gem on the counter, as far as I am concerned.

TL; DR? Bottom line: BUY THIS. It smoothes, softens and shines to near supernatural levels. Whether you're blow-drying or air-drying, it's a hair miracle.

*I have uploaded a side-by-side picture of my hair air-dried with just the It's a 10 spray (left side) versus just the Got2B LL (right side) for comparison's sake to go with this review. I don't have makeup on in the picture and it's right when I woke up so ignore my face, but man, my hair looked
smooth!

on 1/15/2015 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is great. I was a little hesitant about applying something labeled as a lotion, thinking that maybe it would be too heavy for my fine hair. But actually, it goes on very nicely (I use only a small amount for my collar bone length hair) and I don't feel like I have a ton of product in my hair. It makes my hair very soft and shiny, and the smell is great. Plus, the bottle is super cute! I use it when my hair is damp before I blow dry it. I like that it has added protection against heat, although I use another heat protectant primarily. I will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely a great product for a low price point. My hair feels silky and soft, and it has helped me reduce breakage- allowing me to grow my hair longer than I would have without it. The smell is light and nice, and I get a nice glossy (not greasy) finish from this product.

As a girl with thin,fine,easily weighed-down hair, i steer away from leave-in lotion conditioners. I bought this product on a whim, mainly because of the lovely smell and i had heard great reviews from friends and online sites. Later that week when i washed my hair, I applied a full pump all through my hair and let it sit for 10 minutes before drying. I blew it out with a round brush like normal and was pleasantly surprised with big, voluminous hair! It didn't weigh down at all and made hair was considerably softer and shinier. I'm now on my third bottle and still am loving it. Its great if you want to blow-out, air-dry or add some moisture to hair that is already dried and the smell gets me every time! i recommend this product to everyone! if you tired of blow-out creams weighing your hair after the fact, try this product out!

on 6/12/2014 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Normally I'm not big on leave-in conditioners, because I think they weigh your hair down. Well, not this one. Smooth Operator leaves my hair looking silky and full bodied. I don't use it everytime I wash my hair, but only when I use my Quantum Riveting Reds Shampoo and Conditioner. Like a lot of color depositing shampoos, the Riveting Reds Shampoo is a bit drying, and the conditioner just doesn't put back enough moisture. That's where Smooth Operator comes in. I use just one pump on damp hair before styling, and it's like I used a normal conditioner. Terrific product. I will definately rebuy.