Alaffia Shea & Baobab Refreshing Facial Toner

No Image

4.8

I just got this toner and I like it because of how refreshing it is!
It's a glass bottle, so I'm not crazy about the packaging and spraying it on is a little awkward! I think I might put a little on a cotton pad instead.
It's making my skin feel nice though!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't like the glass packaging, but this is a great toner for all skin types. It didn't agitate my skin or make it dry. It is full of antioxidants and contains shea butter, which is great for moisturizing the skin without breaking me out or clogging my pores. I found my bottle at Wholefoods and was very happy that this uses fair trade shea butter and supports communities in Africa. I'm really starting to like this line as I try more of their products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin is combo/sensitive/acne prone. I put this in a dark blue glass spray bottle and spray on rather than wipe on with a cotton pad. It is liquidy but definitely a little moisturizing. I recently added this to my routine cause my skin has been really dry and peely this past winter. I will update when using longer. Found this at whole foods btw.

INGREDIENTS Aqueous extracts of Baobab (adamsonia digitata) fruit, shea (butyrospermum parkii) leaf, witchhazel ( hamamelis virginiana), and green tea (camellia sinensis), rose (rose damasca) hydrosol, vegetable glycerin, potassium sorbate, lavender essential oil, ascorbic acid (vit c)

on 9/14/2008 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a big fan of Alaffia and am glad to see it in growing numbers of natural/health food stores :) This toner actually came in a glass spray bottle already - they recently redesigned packaging so maybe this is new? I have sensitive/acne prone skin, and I got this because I know my aging skin likes green tea. While this toner doesn't work miracles, I would still say it is quite nice! Very refreshing on hot days for sure. Not at all drying. The fragrance is light and natural.