Gigi Strip Free Honee Wax Microwave Formula

Gigi Strip Free Honee Wax Microwave Formula

3.4

on 11/20/2016 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After seeing how expensive both waxing in salon and at home kits could be I was looking for a cheaper alternative. I have seen several videos about hard wax /strip free wax and it looked like it would be less maintenance as far as supplies needed. After browsing Sally's Beauty Supply I saw this one was only 12 bucks and could be heated in a microwave. My kind of easy. However after watching a quick video review I was doubtful but bought it anyway since Sally's has a great return/ customer satisfaction policy and figured it was worth a try. I also bought a few ten cent application sticks. I read the instructions and heated as instructed. Didn't let it get too fluid but soft enough to easily stir and have some transparency. I placed it on pretty thick and let it dry. For at least two minutes. Then ripped it off. Worked pretty good. Wasn't as good as the salon (partly because I'm scared to get close enough to possibly wax my brow off by accident) but definitely better than anything else I have tried. (Wax strips / hair removal creams). I would say worked good on brows and great on upper lip.

on 9/19/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After buying and trying some much more expensive at-home waxes my mom and I decided to try this one as recommended by someone at Sally.
Originally we didn't try using strips or even consider using them, and we never had any problems with this brand of wax on our eyebrows. My mom also used it for her moustache area and this was fine as well. The wax was easy to tear off, and removed all of the hair.
I should mention we are all blonde with very fine hair.

When we bought the next container that supposedly didn't need strips either, it wasn't tearing off easily. It was leaving hair behind, and leaving chunks of wax behind. Once we got some strips, they helped quite a bit.

My mom tried a couple of times to use this wax on her legs and bikini line and said it was horrible. Once she had to use chemicals to remove the wax from her legs. I wasn't there for this event, and I am not sure how this happened, or the thickness of the wax, but it does seem to be difficult to use, and I know I wouldn't want to use it for anything other than my eyebrows! But just to have a product to do my eyebrows so I don't have to tweeze them all or pay to have them waxed all the time is great, especially for $12 for a jar that lasts a very long time.

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/23/2013 10:15:00 PM

It was expensive and not all hair removed for the pain!!

on 4/19/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This worked alright (I guess) the first couple of times that I used it on my face but it did nothing at ALL for my legs. I was waxing my underarms last night and the wax just wouldn't "set" anymore. It was like pulling chewing gum and no hair was coming off. I tried using it in a few other places that weren't as hot and inflamed and got the same thing. I won't be buying this again.

I have dark coarse hair so that may be part of the problem. This is just a waste of money though.

I have been waxing my lip and eyebrows for 25 years. A couple of years ago, a salon used wax that was too hot, and it ripped the skin off of my upper lip. Since then, whenever I get waxed, the skin rips in that same spot 90% of the time (Hitler mustache scab = not cute).
A stylist friend of mine suggested this wax, and taught me how to use it. This never tears my skin. I love this stuff. It takes a little bit to get used to (getting the correct thickness of wax is crucial). 30 seconds is usually all I heat it. The whole pot doesn't need to liquify, just enough in the center of the pot to cover the area you are waxing.
I am so thankful for this product.

I've got to give it to both of the other reviewers (QueenBeez and Verolyn). At first I hated this stuff just as Verolyn did. I tried my legs and it was messy and hardened fast and using a strip sometimes helped but mostly it just gave me false hope. I came online to give this product a poor review and read QueenBeez experience.

She's right! I just finished using it on bikini and it wasn't too bad at all! I will try underarms and upper lip in a week or two - didn't need it. I'm psyched I found something that wasn't too messy or awkward.

I just applied oodles of powder, applied a small patch of wax at a time, tapped it until it didn't feel sticky (but was still soft) and ripped that sucker off. SUCCESS!!!! :D

It's a 4 star instead of 5 since I cannot and WOULD NOT use this on my legs.

on 9/1/2008 8:38:00 AM

I had to switch to hard-core wax after the Sally Hansen pre-waxed strips stopped working.

The trick to this wax is to use the cloth strips, even though the package says "strip free." The strips are crucial! I find the papery "cloth" strips work better than the muslin strips. This wax is much harder to use without strips.

I do all my waxing with this wax- underarms, bikini line, temples (I shape my eyebrows using tweezers, but when I want to get a clean line along the top, I use the wax), and upper lip. It works fine for all these areas, and gets almost all the hair. It will leave a few strays behind on my underarm and upper lip, but not too many, and gets pretty much everything everywhere else.

At some point in the last couple of years, they added a little handle on the side of the wax jar. This was a big improvement. Also, when you microwave it, make sure to do it a little at a time. I once had a jar totally melt in the microwave when I didn't do that. Yikes. That wasn't fun to clean up. I have never had this wax rip off skin, even when I've used it pretty hot. As long as it doesn't burn me when I apply, it seems fine. However, YMMV.

on 4/11/2008 9:59:00 AM

This removed all the fine hairs on my legs, and some darker, thicker hairs, but not enough. I really didn't like using this wax. Unless you use a very thick layer (tough to do and still spread evenly), it doesn't rip off easily. It breaks, and you have to pick off the little pieces. Hair is only removed if you can tear off a uniform piece. I had to use much more wax than normal, which is very wasteful. The little jar I got would not even be enough for 2 full waxes at that rate. I quit after doing my lower legs, since so much hair was left behind from where the wax didn't tear off. My skin felt smooth and nicely exfoliated, but that was it. Strip free wax was not faster or easier to use at all. This might be okay for someone with finer hair, or on smaller surface areas like the bikini line.